OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

ReverendSpooky

Wow, that woven top is so cool, and the arm armor looks great! The texture has a nice has a nice hammered metal quality that's perfect in your post apocalyptic world. Awesome.

http://reverendspooky.com

Ovy

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, another sweet upgrade. The painted worbla does look a little makeshift, but I think that works very well in your scenario.
Thanks a lot. Yeah, more brutish makeshift...well more about that later.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Sorry I missed your post the first time around, great looking characters, well done and thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot!

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool upgrade. Nice touch using the Worbla — looks solid after the paint job.
Thanks a lot! Yeah, it looks solid, but somehow I wanted something smoother and thinner, scroll down.

Lynkhart wrote:Ahhh how did I miss this newbie?! She’s wonderful! I love the headband and the elastic top, also her scars make her look really badass. She’s definitely one of my favourites of yours! (And Yurgel always cracks me up!)
Thanks a lot!  Yeah, I haven't written much for them yet, but if Yurg is the fun guy best friend type, Vylmalita is the more cool headed, mentor/advisor kind of person of the trio.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Arm armor woman! Wooo! cheers

The segmented arm armor is really cool and looks good. I personally like the mask + helmet combo, looks kind of like a samurai gladiator, a Samiator?
Thanks, yeah still experimenting. They get a lot of history from fiction, so over the top samurai gladiator stuff is totally legit. Very Happy Samiator sound nice. Or Gladurai?

AlKelAstra91 wrote:What an awesome update to this wardrobe design. Vylmalita's first arm brace thing looks really cool, contrasts the red well. What did the parts and straps come from (or you made yourself)? Also, did you come up with her name by combining Velma and Alita Battle Angel? Razz
The strapping was just a regular white elastic textile band I colored in reds and blacks and let it blend, then I just started wrapping and webbing. The little belt buckle thingies are some Chinese eBay stuff.
And no, ha, didn't think of Alita, haven't watched that yet. I wanted something starting with Wil or Vyl as she will get a crossbow some day, and she has some serious Willem Tell skills. Just 'Vylma' was to short...that malita sounds a bit Spanish I guess. Could also be Finnish. So I liked that.

rollotomasi wrote:Excellent non-surgical breast reduction technique, Dr. Ovy!
The elastic top is ingenious, achieves both form and function.
And very tactical too as the whole top is a MOLLE webbing.
Haha, thanks. Yeah, liked the surprise MOLLE webbing too, I will definitely let her store something there.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Wow, that woven top is so cool, and the arm armor looks great!  The texture has a nice has a nice hammered metal quality that's perfect in your post apocalyptic world.  Awesome.
Thanks a lot! Yeah, I am torn about the texture, it is more fitting for another faction, the fringe civilizations between Cargo states and the forest tribes. More about that another time. 

The first attempt of arm armor already had slightly Roman vibes, but the Worbla 'metal' itself wasn't really detailed, bad texture (white Worbla) and no rivets etc. Although. I liked the straps.

I tried another, shiny material, it's thinner and has the right color already, also bendy and easy to cut. I will probably paint it red and black and let it weather itself with scratchy scratch marks.

I punched holes through the segments and the leather for the little brass nails. Didn't cut the ends off, yet. I don't want to glue it yet, still experimenting.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200718-222959

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200718-223020

Everything assembled. 
Will it bend, that is the question.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200718-223050

Yes it bends.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200718-223116

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200718-223135

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200718-223147

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200718-223227

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice work. Thanks for the WIP pics.

Ovy

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice work. Thanks for the WIP pics.
Thanks Sir.

Here the backside with strapping attached. I made tiny rings to hold the nails in place and keep them moveable after cutting.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200719-221441

Here it is attached to the arm. It can bend and twist.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200719-221840

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200719-222013

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200719-222054

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200719-222114

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200719-222228

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow. This is looking great. And I love how functional it turned out to be.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome work, Ovy! The results are very striking!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is great. So cool how tightly she can bend her arm. Genius level work on this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow. This is looking great. And I love how functional it turned out to be.
Thanks a lot, glad you appreciate it, you being a Roman honorary citizen after all. ;D
skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome work, Ovy! The results are very striking!
Thank you!
Stryker2011 wrote:That is great. So cool how tightly she can bend her arm. Genius level work on this.
Thanks sir, wouldn't have been possible with the thicker Worbla!

I took. A break from the torso armor, working on the legpieces.

I turned that old, thinned red leather piece that was once a lonicloth into a more flashy one. I love these tiny nails.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200726-231932

It's held with rings. Notice the belt, it it has nail rivets. I might turn into a river counter after all.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200726-232138

Then the tassets. I think I over engineered a bit, was actually planning to only use the aluminium directly on one cut out leather piece...ask if you don't understand what happens on the pics.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200726-232054

I painted more of the white rubber textile band (pre covid purchase for the hygienic mirror people, how ironic..) red and connected the pieces. I fear the space between the parts.might be too short. Added rings to the end to attach stuff.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200726-232115

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200726-232233

Here with the other old skirt pieces attached via rings.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200726-232420

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200726-232510

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks cool, very pseudo-samurai-like. Nice detail work.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You're rounding off her look very nicely with these detailed pieces. Well done!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She looks really cool, too love the detail those little nails add to the piece.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks cool, very pseudo-samurai-like. Nice detail work.
Haha, pseudo Samurai, that describes it quite well.
GubernatorFan wrote:You're rounding off her look very nicely with these detailed pieces. Well done!
Thanks a lot!
Theboo-bomb wrote:She looks really cool, too love the detail those little nails add to the piece.
Thanks! Yeah, I really like these, more nails in the next update:

Because I made some kind of Pteryge straps hanging in the front.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200728-141607

I replaced some nail heads with precious expensive jewelry. I wanted to make some kind of sporran style pouch first, with hidden armor plating, but then I didn't really want to hide the plating. Maybe for another character.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200728-160602

Option with chains, opinions?
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200728-160613

I also covered the joints on the boots with leather, as I had to cut them in two for more articulation. I will put light armor plating and jewelry etc there to spice it up.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200728-160625

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200728-160719

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That looks amazing! :O The colour scheme is so striking , and the details really give it a finished look!

How did you find/acquire those rivets? You said you replaced the nails ... sorry if I’m asking daft question, but just curious. I can never seem to find rivets in the right size....

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Sky's question. And your leather work continues to impress.

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:That looks amazing! :O The colour scheme is so striking , and the details really give it a finished look!

How did you find/acquire those rivets? You said you replaced the nails ... sorry if I’m asking daft question, but just curious. I can never seem to find rivets in the right size....
Thanks, finally making some progress with these. I might add a lot more rivets.
GubernatorFan wrote:I second Sky's question. And your leather work continues to impress.
Thanks a lot. 

Here what I meant:

I replaced four nails of the central strap with red ruby like thingies from a kitschy heart jewel sticker. 

The nails, I clipped off and reinforced the stumps with superglue later. The whole pack of nails cost me 1€.

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200728-224303

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmmm, I knew this was quite a lot of work, but didn't expect you'd have to cut off the protruding parts of each nail after insertion. That's dedication.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That turned our great. Nice additions.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, wow! Those nails are tiny... what did you use to cut them?

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Such intricacy, it's hard enough connecting tiny chains and rings together like that so kudos for the dedication. Those small nails seem like a better alternative to gluing several tiny studs directly on, I'm also curious about how you cut off the ends. I like how in some photos you can see the red background reflected in her metal arm guard.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Hmmm, I knew this was quite a lot of work, but didn't expect you'd have to cut off the protruding parts of each nail after insertion. That's dedication.
Thanks a lot. It's actually the most rewarding part as it goes so quick. Snap snap, fingernail cutting takes longer.

Stryker2011 wrote:That turned our great. Nice additions.
Thanks.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, wow! Those nails are tiny... what did you use to cut them?
Thanks, they are! Should be available inmost normal hardware stores I guess.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Such intricacy, it's hard enough connecting tiny chains and rings together like that so kudos for the dedication. Those small nails seem like a better alternative to gluing several tiny studs directly on, I'm also curious about how you cut off the ends. I like how in some photos you can see the red background reflected in her metal arm guard.
Thanks a lot. The good thing about the nails is, I can be more precise by pre making holes with the right tools etc. I think it's cheaper then extra tiny studs too. And yes, I like that reflecting too.

Don't know what kind of magical devices you expected to cut tiny brass nails, I just use this old thing here with the flat side.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200729-163338

I experimented with a fancy beret for the princess, got a little lazy with the execution. Will add some more fancy stuff to hide the seam on the band etc.
She is wearing some placeholder wrappings as I still don't know what outfit to make her.
[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200729-161925

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200729-162111

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200729-162327

[7/29/20] The Cargo State Trio - Ye fancey muffin beret WIP - Page 3 PSX-20200729-162600

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the beret as it is, don't see why you would need to hide the elastic.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I absolutely LOVE the armour! <3

For the rivets, instead of cutting down pins or nails next time, try looking up (ironically) nail art - you can get sets of tiny metal shapes that would make perfect studs and/or rivets, you’d just need to glue them in place!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143666754996

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice beret. And she looks cute in that last pic with the smile.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Her beret is adorable, such a creative addition!

And thanks, Lynkhart, for the suggestion for the rivets. :')

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum