OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Skulls

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Star Wars Skulls  Empty Star Wars Skulls Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

Here bringing something that I haven't seen that much, some time back I found these blind boxes at walmart that inside have a very simple skull puzzle, of the six skulls available two of them are under/over scaled while the others might work for different dioramas for star wars, misc. sci-fi or even fantasy.  Each one comes in a box with some kinetic sand (which at least this type is very oily) and in a few pieces that you snap together, the sculpting is quite nice in my opinion and look even better with some paint. They are sold under the name Star Wars Xcavations, one thing I would mention is that it appears they are not sold at every walmart, of the ones closest to me I only found them in one.
The base look of all the skulls, they are made of some type of rubber so they aren't hard at all, they also need to be washed or else the paint wont stick to them and your fingers will and any fabric they come in contact with will smell oily.
Star Wars Skulls  UAbrxjB

Star Wars Skulls  S9juypm
Star Wars Skulls  ZA6BFTv
Star Wars Skulls  PYsFaYj
Star Wars Skulls  IV215nl
Star Wars Skulls  9CT0aBx
Star Wars Skulls  L9EkBiI
Star Wars Skulls  4Fj1ahD
Star Wars Skulls  JBQzI5j

The box in which they come in
Star Wars Skulls  E2PgZDf
I painted four of mine black and gave them a light weathering, they come in a dark plastic metal color and I feel could be useful as sci-fi clutter, the fact they have that sand inside means that they won't be moving around too much.

The skulls available are Gamorrean, Monkey-lizard, trandoshan, zabrak, rodian and hutt. The monkey lizard and hutt are the ones with the scaling issues but could work if we make them work, the hutt one is too small for an adult of the species and the monkey lizard is too big, the rest look more or less to be 1/6 scale or close to it. If you are going to buy them this way check the bottom of the boxes they come in as each skull has a different code, that way you wont end up with 4 monkey lizard skulls and 3 rodians, I gave my excess skulls to a friend that likes to collect skull related items and is into star wars too.

I hope this is wasn't posted before, I had figured when I found these that I would see them pop up in 1/6 scale forums (at least the ones I tend to lurk around) but I never saw them so I figured those of you with the space for cool dioramas or that just like to collect cool clutter mind find them useful.
See you guys next time and have fun!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Star Wars Skulls  1f60e

2Star Wars Skulls  Empty Re: Star Wars Skulls Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:41 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice one! I certainly haven't seen them before. Double points for the boxes being useful too.

3Star Wars Skulls  Empty Re: Star Wars Skulls Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, nice find, and nicely spruced up by yourself. The Hutt skull could belong to a baby Hutt, so no real problem there. The oversized monkey lizard, well, that's a harder one to rationalize. Maybe one exposed to radiation? Smile

4Star Wars Skulls  Empty Re: Star Wars Skulls Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. I wonder if these are online at Wal-Mart... could use some for “Knick-knacks” in my Jabba dio.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Wars Skulls  C8485110

5Star Wars Skulls  Empty Re: Star Wars Skulls Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Interesting! I remember digging out dinosaur skeletons that were cast in some kind of plaster with my nephew, we felt like archaeologists. Kinetic sand seems much easier and healthier. The boxes seem nice to, for any scale.

I first wasn't sure if the Hutt head was Jabba or Yoda.  Laughing

6Star Wars Skulls  Empty Re: Star Wars Skulls Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:15 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
poor greedo, well i guess now we have the final proof that indeed han solo shot first Wink

7Star Wars Skulls  Empty Re: Star Wars Skulls Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:40 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
shazzdan wrote:Nice one! I certainly haven't seen them before. Double points for the boxes being useful too.
I wouldn't have found them if I didn't decide to take a trip to the toy aisle, they seem to have just popped up at random walmarts since I asked at my local one if they had any and the employee said he had never seen them before.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, nice find, and nicely spruced up by yourself. The Hutt skull could belong to a baby Hutt, so no real problem there. The oversized monkey lizard, well, that's a harder one to rationalize. Maybe one exposed to radiation? Smile
Thanks, baby hutt skull is quite dark but in Star Wars I could see a bounty hunter having such a trophy, or even a sith. The monkey lizard is quite mutant, I thought about cutting some of the jaw bone and re-attach it somehow to make a different alien since it's too big, that or the company could make a womp rat so I could have the skulls of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Monkey-lizards and their master. 😁

Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool. I wonder if these are online at Wal-Mart... could use some for “Knick-knacks” in my Jabba dio.
I'm unsure if they can be found online at walmart, I've seen them on ebay ranging from 4 dollars all the way to 20 for a single one, I got most of these on sale but when I returned a few weeks later the where back to their normal price.
Ovy wrote:Interesting! I remember digging out dinosaur skeletons that were cast in some kind of plaster with my nephew, we felt like archaeologists. Kinetic sand seems much easier and healthier. The boxes seem nice to, for any scale.
Other than the oily smell of the sand it isn't much of a problem a bit of dish soap on the skull and a brush and you get the sand out of it, I'll try to take some photos tomorrow of the crates next to a figure, they seem to be a good size for ammo or supply crates.

I first wasn't sure if the Hutt head was Jabba or Yoda.  Laughing
Oh it was the photo angle, however if I find a yoda skull I'll buy it.

Tjolnir wrote:poor greedo, well i guess now we have the final proof that indeed han solo shot first Wink
Indeed, the boxes come with a little "Science" pamphlet and the picture for the rodian is greedo, so I guess it is greedo's skull, same goes for Maul, Jabba and his monkey lizard.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Star Wars Skulls  1f60e

8Star Wars Skulls  Empty Now with more crate, less skulls. Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:46 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
As I said, here's a picture of a figure next to the crate, they are about 3 inches tall and about two inches wide, not big but not bad considering they are meant to be made out of some sort of metal.
Star Wars Skulls  U0OAvwg

9Star Wars Skulls  Empty Re: Star Wars Skulls Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also think the crates work for sixth scale.

10Star Wars Skulls  Empty Re: Star Wars Skulls Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:56 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Ah so this guy really is a rebel soldier. I think they are great to be made custom as their equipment can be from many sources. Excited to see more in the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum