OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The adventures of Dr Jones

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

81diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:10 am

Ephiane

That´s the magic of posing and photographie. In the picture he stands in front of the little golden idol, i can see him thinking. He is concentrated on what he wan´t to do. It´s the same sculpt and facial expression like in teh other pictures. But You can swear it´s not....

82diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:17 am

blackpool

GubernatorFan wrote:Ah, even Dr Jones needs to catch some Zs. And that fedora sure comes in handy for an ad hoc setup. Smile Very nicely done. Without being anything super ambitious (although you still had to throw in quite a lot of detail), your loving capture of a quiet moment is absolutely superb.

Thanks a lot Ian, indeed it was just a "redo" of an old set up I had started, I made that chalk board a while ago but was missing the rest of the classroom atmopshere with wood decors and old books

BAMComix wrote:Wonderful work Blackpool, I really like the shot of him snoozing in his chair.

Thanks a lot my friend!

Diana wrote:Awww, impressive work as usual. Love the atmosphere. I feel like I can jump right in there into the scene, it feels so real and alive.

Glad you dug up this old thread! Very Happy

Thank you Diana! I often find those quiet scenes are more interesting than dynamic actions, it needs much more attention to posing details like hands, legs, which I find much more exciting when the result works nicely

skywalkersaga wrote:Realised I hadn't commented on these most recent ones.... so very impressive! The sleeping pose with the hat is just precious, and incredibly well done.

Thank you very much Sky

Dienamic wrote:Simply amazing!  Now I smell chalk and old books...

Haha, that's perfect then! Thanks for the kind words

Stryker2011 wrote:Two more really great shots and very realistic looking. The posing and the extra light effects look so very natural. Well done. cheers

Thank you Mark!

Chip wrote:It`s all good the Dio , the Figure and photography .

Thank you Chip!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Taking a well deserved nap after some long trip. Even if they sun rays are photoshopped they look good and work with the scene.

I started with my shutters and a spotlight behind but it was giving a strong contrast, too strong, I was loosing a lot of details in the shadows, and it didn't carry the "lazy afternoon" feel I wanted... So I removed that third wall and recreated the light rays on photoshop after Razz

Ephiane wrote:That´s the magic of posing and photographie. In the picture he stands in front of the little golden idol, i can see him thinking. He is concentrated on what he wan´t to do. It´s the same sculpt and facial expression like in teh other pictures. But You can swear it´s not....

Thank you very much Eph! I gotta say despite all the hate this headsculpt received, it is a very good one, allowing a lot of expressions just by the placement of the hat and the settings of the moving eyes.

Here is my newest indiana jones, with a custom headsculpt, I really enjoy the upgrade, but I confess this one is harder to shoot as he is not as versatile...
Anyway, Salah I said no camels!

diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Indian13

diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Indian12

83diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:18 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That’s a great looking Indy sculpt. Nice to see him on the horse, too — not something we see often.

84diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:21 am

BAMComix

Brilliant Alex, love this version!

85diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:39 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous sculpt! And I agree, brilliant idea to put him on the horse. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

86diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The new sculpt and the horse, with this suitable backdrop, make for an excellent look. Beautifully done as always!

87diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Cool pictures, always nice to see Dr. Jones.

88diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:21 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a really good upgrade, love your photos.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 1f60e

89diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:30 am

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a great looking Indy sculpt. Nice to see him on the horse, too — not something we see often.

Thanks Mark! I didn't use the horse so much until indy took it, now he won't let it go Very Happy

BAMComix wrote:Brilliant Alex, love this version!

Thanks a lot bro!

skywalkersaga wrote:Gorgeous sculpt! And I agree, brilliant idea to put him on the horse. Smile

Thank you very much miss!

GubernatorFan wrote:The new sculpt and the horse, with this suitable backdrop, make for an excellent look. Beautifully done as always!

Thanks Ian! I finally took him out for some outdoor shots, I hadn't taken any pic of the new jacket I bought. I think now he is fully finished! (tho I broke the rear of his hat in the process lol)

Valiarde wrote:Cool pictures, always nice to see Dr. Jones.

Thanks a lot!

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a really good upgrade, love your photos.

Thank you very much!

Here is the final version I will keep, sadly the hot toys pleather jacket started flaking, it degraded very fast, just as the pistol holster and belt, so I saved the figure with some legit leather items. The jacket is a lil jewel made from lambskin by Bleau Steel (aka Gheewiz customs)

diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Indian15

diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Indian14

90diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:31 am

blackpool

blackpool
diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Indian16

91diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:53 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunning Alex! I was admiring these on Insta, You really do bring Dr. Jones to life, but I do wonder, who will he run in to??

92diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:03 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful staging and photography, and I'm glad you got the jacket replaced. How much did it cost?
Dal, there's bound to be snakes...

93diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:05 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful staging and photography, and I'm glad you got the jacket replaced. How much did it cost?

Very Happy You know it!

94diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:36 am

blackpool

blackpool
BAMComix wrote:Stunning Alex! I was admiring these on Insta, You really do bring Dr. Jones to life, but I do wonder, who will he run in to??

I second Ian, there has to be snakes somewhere Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful staging and photography, and I'm glad you got the jacket replaced. How much did it cost?

That extra kidney that I didn't use that much lmao. More seriously it cost me the price of a new hot toys figure Razz

95diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:42 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Just so good!

96diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:43 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Simply master class photography! I think Harrison Ford would love your pics.

97diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:00 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:

That extra kidney that I didn't use that much lmao. More seriously it cost me the price of a new hot toys figure Razz
Ouch. I'm afraid to take mine out of the box and look. For the longest time, I didn't have flaking issues. Then one day I took out Black Widow (from Iron Man) and saw the damage.

98diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:35 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
What an awesome grail figure and your perfect photography on top of that. Joy to watch

99diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:05 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What a stunning figure! Just wow! And the photography and posing, too, of course. Very Happy

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

100diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:23 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Might be your most beautiful Indy shooting yet, and you already set the bar very high, great job!

101diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:40 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Those new shots are excellent. That is a truly great Indy sculpt. Hopefully your other kidney won’t give out, but that’s a good looking jacket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 1f10

102diorama - The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 4 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:30 pm

Illusion

Illusion
seems like I have missed this thread so far … shame…
such cool and diverse pics - such a wealth of sets and props… feels like back at the movies…

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum