OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

I was originally going to continue today with my fake history bashes but since they are missing a few things that where supposed to arrive today I'll instead share something that I consider to be the rarest, perhaps even the weirdest thing in my collection. I don't remember ever taking pictures of this, not even back then when I got it so now is a good time I guess.
The hasbro 12 inch indiana jones ark of the covenant was a mail away item, you collected 5 stickers (if I remember correctly) that you would stick onto a booklet that you then sent along with a money order, the ark took about two weeks to arrive here, personally I did not expect it to be the scale it is or look as interesting.

The box
  For whatever reason this item was shipped in this cardboard box simulating wood with all these words on the outside, I had thought back then I would get a brown box or just a standard mail box.
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. XS4d6o1
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. U83zmLg
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. L9hKBBD
On two sides the box says Indiana Jones, then there's the property tag and a blank place where the shipping label would be posted, the delivery address was protected with a clear square of tape.

The packaging
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. NELtLik
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. RmG3Ncl
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. QApmsCF
Here Bob is helping to keep the lid from closing, the ark came in these plastic trays covered in a very thin paper, there's another bit of paper between the lid of the ark to keep it from sticking.

And now outside at last
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. PgC7sBr
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. QTsuY5Y
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. Y6HDXVk
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. O7pAsLb
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. Of2VpAl
Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. SrizJvb
In my personal opinion its a great piece, the handles pop into sockets at the ends which seem to hold the weight of it (I personally did not try it long enough), the angels at the top are a bit disappointing since they where not given the same treatment and made them super shiny and golden, instead opting for a not so bright gold, the inside has molded sand and what appears to be some weathering, it sure isn't shiny inside. And if you are wondering why I'm wearing gloves it's because I don't want my fingerprints to be all over it and end up damaging it somehow.
I hope this little review of sorts was interesting, once I was done taking photos I placed everything back in the box and into my boxed items closet, not much 1/6 in it so it's placed alongside my Sideshow battledroids to keep them company. As always stay safe and healthy out there.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. 1f60e

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Very cool. Excellent detail. Never seen it offered. Would have loved to have gotten one. Great score.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That is really cool. I never saw these listed anywhere, either. What a cool grab. It’s a bit under scale, but the detail looks really well done. Nice touch on the sand on the inside.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is very cool indeed! I didn't even know it existed. Now if you can score some tablets or tablet-shaped chocolates and adapt them as needed... Smile I'm only disappointed that they ruined the crate-like design by printing all that modern product stuff directly on it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my gosh, I LOVE IT. I'd never seen this before... what a neat thing to find and have! Do you have a 'Dr. Jones' to go with it?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, that is cute! Just imagine how it would look like in a museum showcase, on dark draping and lighting.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Very cool. Excellent detail. Never seen it offered. Would have loved to have gotten one. Great score.

Thanks actionfiguremovies, If I remember well the offer came inside the 12 inch indiana jones guys, so you basically had to buy them to find out.

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! That is really cool. I never saw these listed anywhere, either. What a cool grab. It’s a bit under scale, but the detail looks really well done. Nice touch on the sand on the inside.

Thanks Stryker, I saw one about a year ago on ebay going for 200 dollars, it actually shocked me and that one was without the box or the plastic trays. The sand inside is definitely a nice addition, the best part is that it seems to be glued in so the bottom is smooth.

GubernatorFan wrote:This is very cool indeed! I didn't even know it existed. Now if you can score some tablets or tablet-shaped chocolates and adapt them as needed... Smile I'm only disappointed that they ruined the crate-like design by printing all that modern product stuff directly on it.

Thanks Gubernator, I thought about acquiring some tablets or something but I don't want to damage it, specially not chocolate ones lol. The box has a really great wood printing on which as you said is a shame they printed all the modern stuff over it, I've thought of making another box around it in either wood or foamcore just to give it a cooler look, we shall see if I get around to it.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh my gosh, I LOVE IT. I'd never seen this before... what a neat thing to find and have! Do you have a 'Dr. Jones' to go with it?

Thanks Skywalkersaga, I don't know if proud would be the correct word for it but it is one of my 1/6 treasures for sure. I do not have a Dr. Jones sadly, not even the hasbro one since I parted him out and stored the body somewhere, he had an "Action" gimick with a button that ruined his shirt and made him quite hard to pose (at least in my opinion) I do have Sallah the swordsman around and two german officers the uniforms of course I've used for something else lol.

Ovy wrote:Haha, that is cute! Just imagine how it would look like in a museum showcase, on dark draping and lighting.

Thanks Ovy, I originally wanted to build a display case for this but it was one of those projects that never came together... could build one now with all this time I have... but where to put this?

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Hasbro Indiana Jones Ark of the Covenant. 1f60e

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
LOL. I think I bought the Indiana Jones figure but never open him. I only have myself to blame.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum