OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harry Potter Dementor review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Harry Potter Dementor review Empty Harry Potter Dementor review Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:44 pm

michael crawford

I'm checking out the latest sixth scale release from Star Ace today - the Dementor! I picked up the deluxe version that includes a light up feature. You can find the review here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-101419a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Harry Potter Dementor review Review_dementor_large

2Harry Potter Dementor review Empty Re: Harry Potter Dementor review Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the fair and honest review. I was tempted to get one of these for another purpose, since as you said, there’s a lot of similarity in characters, but I’m glad I didn’t let myself make an impulse buy.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Harry Potter Dementor review C8485110

3Harry Potter Dementor review Empty Re: Harry Potter Dementor review Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the fair and honest review. I was tempted to get one of these for another purpose, since as you said, there’s a lot of similarity in characters, but I’m glad I didn’t let myself make an impulse buy.

Yeah, I also need to resist doing impulse buyings. Luckily it works most of the time, I still have to much on the preorder list Very Happy

@michael Thanks for the review.

4Harry Potter Dementor review Empty Re: Harry Potter Dementor review Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the detailed review, as always. You got some really impressive photos of this one, and it does seem like a sensible estimation of the set.

5Harry Potter Dementor review Empty Re: Harry Potter Dementor review Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Great review but...oh no, I really don’t like it. Personally I don’t think it resembles the dementors of the films at all, it looks like a very generic wraithlike monster rather than anything more specific. Part of what made them so creepy in the films was the way the fabric clung to their heads, obscuring their features whilst still retaining some transparency. Same with the robes - these ones are nice but they’re far too opaque and completely the wrong style. Obviously I don’t expect them to be able to recreate that in miniature but the headsculpt is just too clunky and defined. :/

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

6Harry Potter Dementor review Empty Re: Harry Potter Dementor review Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:19 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Nice review tho it looks more like a haunted house ornament than anything ghost or mummy like, but I suppose I shouldn't talk since I've never seen the harry potter movies and they probably look like that. 😁

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Harry Potter Dementor review 1f60e

7Harry Potter Dementor review Empty Re: Harry Potter Dementor review Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:09 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hmm, yeah, not keen on it. Would rather have one of the recent LotR releases for my fantasy horror fix!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum