OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FORUM BANNER project

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FORUM BANNER project Empty FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:12 am

blackpool

blackpool
We talked about it a while ago in the "paper goodies" thread, better later than never here is a first test for a potential OSF forum banner!

I went simple by keeping the general structure and texts from the original banner, but all suggestions are welcome, from fonts to color to whatever, the work file is now sleeping on my office desktop so veeeeery editable lol.

Same for the pictures, I went simple with official promo shots from various brands and themes, of course we can't please everyone with so limited space but again if anyone has ideas or suggestions, you're welcome! If some of you are willing to give some pictures to be used on the banner, welcome again, and if custom artists are ok with it I'd gladly add some radio king characters or alike!

Anyway, hope you'll like, I made a quick black n white variation for the main letters, up to you boss!

FORUM BANNER project Banniere%20onesixthfigures01

FORUM BANNER project Banniere%20onesixthfigures02

2FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Hey hey. I like it. Perhaps squeeze a Marvel character in there somewhere.

3FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:25 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like it a lot, thank you for working your magic, Alex. The black-and-white version of the main lettering seems more impactful. You are opening a can of worms inviting suggestions for further inclusion. I don't know about Marvel characters (there are so many), but perhaps Wonder Woman (DC) or one of the Black Widows might be a fitting addition.

4FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent work. I love it. I guess I agree there are perhaps a bit too many Star Wars characters, and perhaps the Guv’s suggestion of Wonder Woman is a good idea to mix it up a bit. Other wise, I like either one of them. So cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

FORUM BANNER project C8485110

5FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ok. Thought about it some more. I would say replace two of the Star Wars characters (your choice) and put in a military figure (either modern or WWII), and one female (TBL or either of the two that the Guv suggested). We don’t want folks to think we’re just Pop Culture, as we’re supposed to be all inclusive for any and all 1/6th interests. Just my .02 cents.

6FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Maybe get folk to submit pics of their figures to go in? I know I’d be happy for any of my lot to be up there!

7FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:Maybe get folk to submit pics of their figures to go in? I know I’d be happy for any of my lot to be up there!

I’d be all for that, as well. Max, Juno & Baxter! Very Happy Or your fantasy character would be very cool.

8FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would suggest we should stay away from anyone's kitbashed or custom figures, because there are just too many people making these and too many great-looking figures, so a great many worthy candidates will be left out. One more reason why Blackpool should not have invited suggestions. Also, let's not forget that this is professional work offered up to us for free and we should all be just thankful for what we get, which is a stylish and effective composition already.

9FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:26 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It’s really aesthetically well done, though I’m hardly surprised given the caliber of your edits! Smile

And even though I’m obviously a die-hard SW person, lol, I nonetheless have to agree that the banner really ought to include some other genres, and most especially needs at least one female character (or multiple), given that female figures (especially tbleague) are quite a big focus of many users here.

Obviously you can’t fit everything we collect/create in a single banner, but was just trying to think of certain figures commonly seen here. : )

ETA: whoops, meant to say I also think the black and white ‘OSF’ is quite striking.

10FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:52 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:Ok. Thought about it some more. I would say replace two of the Star Wars characters (your choice) and put in a military figure (either modern or WWII), and one female (TBL or either of the two that the Guv suggested). We don’t want folks to think we’re just Pop Culture, as we’re supposed to be all inclusive for any and all 1/6th interests. Just my .02 cents.

Agreed. This sounds like a good mix of genres.

11FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:01 pm

Ovy

Ovy
I agree with the Skywalker, the black and white OSF looks very striking. Some more variety would be great of course, but it's a perfect 'template' and looks quite professional. The lighting, contrast and composition really sell the look.

About members submitting their own figures to the banner, that's what happened at the German forum this year. It was an open call, started with one figure and they became more and more.
That's what it looked like. Exactly what The Gubernator feared, haha...  But the forum banner is changing for special occasions and events multiple times each year anyway.
FORUM BANNER project Black-silver4

I prefer Blackpool's design, but I think one can be inspired by that great variety. Totally clustered but charming in it's own way.

12FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks good, I like the OSF in black and white, looks more cooler in my opinion.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! FORUM BANNER project 1f60e

13FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 am

blackpool

blackpool
Hey hey thanks for all the ideas and comments friends, that helps a lot!

Indeed I can't believe I didn't put a single female character in the banner (even more since half my collections are ladies!!!)
For the marvel heroes, being a big fan myself I didn't want to include any, just to escape the marvel/dc fight, I had put a captain in place of boba at first but the blue/red/white combo was giving a very "patriotic" style to the banner, which I wanted to avoid as well to keep this place as international as possible... Same for Jack Sparrow and the predator, I wasn't sure about them, I guess I tried to highlight some older figures as well to create variety but that could be changed!

Sooooo to make it short I'll make few edits and variations with those guidelines:

- at least one female character (and I agree wonder woman would be great)

- one marvel hero (if possible since WW might bring enough flashy colors to the banner, iron man will have to stay in the closet this time lol)

- one military figure (may be in place of john Mc Clane which is not very recognizable, I'll try something and we'll see)

- to be discussed with the board leaders but I could surely make variant banners for specific themes or moments, on a french forum I had made banners by genre (scifi, historic, military, hollywood movies...) that were rolling randomly everytime you would get to the main page. More simply we could have a few variants in stock for christmas, thanks giving, or dedicated to custom, or whatever!

14FORUM BANNER project Empty Re: FORUM BANNER project Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:14 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
All good ideas, Blackpool! : )

And you’re right about replacing the John McClane — admittedly I had struggled to recognise him in the banner!

Glad you will add a female figure, no matter which one it may be. While I’m not personally invested in either Marvel or DC, it does make sense to include something along those lines , given the extreme popularity of superhero genre over the last decade or so.

I rather like the idea of rotating multiple banners myself, though perhaps to begin with it would be good to have just one for a little while, simply to help make the site more recognisable?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum