OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Visisonor

Forgot to show size comparison of feline figures I have:
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3516
Left to right: Soap Studio Selina Kyle (from The Dark Knight Rises), Mezco Catwoman (with unmasked head, holding Batman's batarang), and the heroine of this thread.

Diana

Oh yay! Thank you for taking the time to share these beautiful photos! I love how you're using the blurred backgrounds. And I am very much looking forward to your final BW creation!

I don't like the Catch Me sculpt much, but there are a few beautiful FireGirl sculpts out there by now, not to mention the bald monk head, which I've posted about here before. I am still planning on swapping out the body to a TBLeague, which I much prefer. Can't remember whether the shoes/hands are compatible, but I'll find out.

Visisonor

Blurred backgrounds are inevitable with my setup (large sensor and telephoto lens up close). I'm struggling to get wider depth of field, if anything (stopping down would trigger sharpness decrease from diffraction, and I am too lazy for focus stacking).

VeryCool hands have smaller peg holes than TBLeague hands. And are less malleable. They don't easily fit TBLeague metallic pegs, unless you ream it a little.

The other way around, though, works rather well. I actually intend to replace my Catch Me hands with TBLeague ones because her packaged hands are quite badly sculpted, especially trigger hands (curiously, Villa's hands are better).

But that's the next step. For now I am happy to report that the head I was waiting for has been delivered, and it is as I have imagined, or better:
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3533 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3532

This is Super Duck SDMINI001. Head only, I did not order the whole Nier Automata 2B kit.
Technically the head didn't fit right away, even though it is designed for TBLeague neck joint, and VeryCool heads fit them too. Oh well, transitivity and symmetry are are not applicable in real space. The hole was too small, and material is rather stiff (there is no rubber socket in there), but I was able to make it work.
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3535

The headband and eye mask were also included -
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3536 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3538 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3537

- but I don't intend to use them because I envision her as an original character deserving her own name (Naming is a dark art, but I'll most likely settle on Kate).
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3541
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3540
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3539

I still want to customize her further. TBLeague hands (as mentioned above), different kneepads, also not sure whether I'll keep these gun holsters, or opt for two symmetric ones, or just one sidearm in addition to a sniper rifle.
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3542 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3616 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3617

I've also found a more detailed HK-416 than the one packaged with her. But it can be reserved for Villa's long lost twin sister, when if they reunite.
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3618 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3619

csyeung

Looks great with that head!

Diana

Diana
That head looks amazing (as do your shots, again)!
Of course I immediately went looking for it on ebay, but it costs as much as the entire set on Giantoy...
I suppose I could use the boots, too...  Neutral

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the head looks really good in this scale.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Upgrades!

TBLeague hands:
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3629

VCF-3004/VCF-3005 (Villa) Kneepads:
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3727

Combat knife (by Crazy Figure):
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3726

In action:
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3730 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3728 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_3729

Ovy

Ovy
Very cool indeed, really need to visit the 1/12 area more!

Your photography makes it hard to realize the actual scale of the figure, could be 1/6 too.

Diana

Diana
Niiiice. You're making it look very easy to optimize and upgrade this figure, which is great! I never really find clothes in 1/12 that look to scale. Maybe I need to focus on parted out boxed sets, which seem to have a higher quality.

Beautiful presentation as always. I love that head! Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
Ovy wrote:Your photography makes it hard to realize the actual scale of the figure, could be 1/6 too.
I initially found the 1/6 versions of this figure more appealing than the original 1/12 figure so I wanted to improve it.

Diana wrote:You're making it look very easy to optimize and upgrade this figure, which is great! I never really find clothes in 1/12 that look to scale.
The clothes are the original Catch Me catsuit, I did not touch it.
And it's rather fortunate that VeryCool and TBLeague joints are compatible. Mostly.

Btw, did you get the Superduck set with this head?

Visisonor

Visisonor
Some progress with MCU Black Widow:
NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_4412 NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL 1/12 Palm Treasure Series — Female Assassin "Catch Me” VCF-3002 - Page 2 Cnr_4413

The belt with holsters is a Marvel Legends accessory. I didn't want to buy a whole figure for this so I waited for it to re-appear loose on ebay (I've seen it when I started this kitbash but waited too long and it was gone).
And kneepads are from Villa.

It still looks "plain" - MCU designs are usually more "busy". Perhaps I can add Yelena's vest to complete the look.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, plain or not, she looks good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum