OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Diana

Diana
Packing List:
-Emulational head sculpture*1
-1/12 highly movable female body
-Black MC camouflage tactical jumpsuits
-Military tactical boots (1 pair)
-Scarf
-Cartridge bag*4
-Military tactical backpack
-Leather belt
-Kneepad *2
-M4 Carbine(Black)
-ACOG Assault rifle sight(Black)
-LA5-PEQ Aiming Laser (Black)
-PMAG 30 (Black)
-Hands with mitts in natural status (1 Pair)
-Hands with mitts in hooking-gun status (1Pair)

NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa 0227
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa 0326
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa 0426
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa 0526
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa 0625
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa 0724
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa 0823
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa 0922

Diana

Diana
She's been announced a while, but I figured she deserves her own thread.
Has she gotten even poutier?

Here is the thread for the green version with in-hand pics:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2636-new-product-verycool-1-12-palm-treasure-series-villa

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know but the first version (unless it is the same) looks great in hand. Very impressive for a 1:12 likeness.

davidd

davidd
I have too many pre-orders in already.
I'm trying to resist this. Really, I am.
But... I keep looking at it on various retail sites.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
She does looks a little more pouty, but I I’m having a hard time spotting any differences in the paint apps. This one will be a pass for me. I already have the 1/6th version, and I think I’m going to stick with that scale for military inspired figures.

Visisonor

Visisonor
VeryCool was not really on my radar when the first version of Villa was around. Perhaps I could still find it but I like the black color scheme even more so I've got this one.
And what can I say, another awesome release and top 10 contender for this year.

NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3414
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3413
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3415

Extra magazine pouches are not attached to anything out of the box, you are supposed to do it yourself - either to the belt or to the backpack straps. I didn't bother as I prefer cleaner look. But scarf is a nice touch, without it Villa seems incomplete:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3416

I also have a head from the first release, parted out. I think the new one has her facial feature scaled down a bit, if that makes sense. While the head itself is of the same size. So smaller eyes, lips, eyes a bit closer to each other etc. Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't, so maybe it's just a difference in how the hair lays down.

NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3417

The M4 carbine is quite detailed but it's simpler than the larger scale version. Magazine is not removable, unfortunately. But it still seems better representation than HK-416 which comes with other VeryCool figures.
I also wish she came with glasses, as did the 1/6 figure. I've tried Plum glasses but they are too large, even the smallest size I have.
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3418
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3419

Kind of works raised up like this:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3420

But glasses from DamToys Hong Kong SDU fit perfectly:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3513
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3514

Perhaps the suit limits articulation a bit compared to Catch Me, yet it's still better than any Mezco female figure. And this suit it's more detailed too.
Speaking of the suit, it's kind of "cargo style". Due to large pockets it works pretty well with these holsters from PMC agent by PC Toys (I've tried them on Catch Me but thigh straps are too wide):
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3421

Catch Me head on this body gives me some uncanny valley vibe:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3423NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3422

Some more shots:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3428
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3427
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3515

And together:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3426
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3424
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3425

I would definitely like to see more VeryCool releases in 1/12 scale.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice photos. My favorites are the ones with the more elaborate floors and backdrops.

csyeung

csyeung
so tiny! looks pretty awesome though. I missed out on the first 1/6 version though, ordered late and they didn't have the version I wanted when it was time to ship. =(.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
She looks great! I hope VeryCool continues to make figures in this scale. They do a pretty nice job of translating the 1/6 version.

I passed on this one because I have the first 1/12 green camo release and the 1/6 black camo release, but it’s nice to see that she’s out.

Diana

Diana
Very nice photos! What a beautiful figure!
I also have the first 1/1 version, so passed on this one, which was very hard.
I also have the Catch Me figure, and the two of them look so good together that I am mildly wishing my Villa was the black version, too...
And Villa looks so good in that Catch Me cat suit!

I suspect the difference in the faces you see might just be the paint jobs, no?

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks, everyone.

Backdrops and floors are dioramas by Extreme Sets (Subway 3.0 and Sector 6 Vision) and Neca (Street Scene).

Diana, the differences (perceived or not) are definitely in paint applications. And I agree on Villa in cat suit... Kind of makes me want to get another body (in addition to the original idea). They can be twins, with these subtle facial feature differences.
Must. Resist.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
She looks great! Wonderful pictures too cheers

Diana

Diana
Visisonor wrote:Thanks, everyone.

Backdrops and floors are dioramas by Extreme Sets (Subway 3.0 and Sector 6 Vision) and Neca (Street Scene).

Diana, the differences (perceived or not) are definitely in paint applications. And I agree on Villa in cat suit... Kind of makes me want to get another body (in addition to the original idea). They can be twins, with these subtle facial feature differences.
Must. Resist.

Laughing

I like you. Very Happy

Visisonor

Visisonor
Since the second Catch Me body, shown earlier here with an older (VCF-3004) Villa head, was intended for a Black Widow kitbash, the head itself was left without home, so to speak. To remedy that, I've ordered a blank VeryCool body (from Campus Gun Girl, according to the seller's description) and a set of clothes advertised as Lara Croft outfit. Combining it with aforementioned head and an extra pair of VCF-3005 boots results in this look:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3711 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3712 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3710

Villa in casual civilian clothes? Or...
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3713 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3715 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3714

Vera, Villa's twin sister?
This head was actually listed as "Vera head", which I suspect is a glitch of transliteration, so I'm going along with it.
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3716

I am not satisfied with the look though.

First, visible joints jump right into my face. This outfit would work better with a seamless body, but the way she is now, she kind of looks like a cyborg (strangely enough, I don't feel this way about Star Wars figures but these fully clothed VeryCool girls spoiled me).
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3718
Moreover, the skin tone doesn't match. This body is lighter, Villa head looks better on a suntan body.
And finally, even though these pants are extremely well made, the same cannot be said about the tank top. It's too thick, or the thread count is too low, so it looks more like a sleeveless sweater.

So if I keep this head on that body I'll have to get her some jacket or a shirt to cover her arms. Or just do away with the tank top...
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3717

and replace it with something else.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, there are a couple of 1/12 seamless TBLeague female bodies...

Diana

Diana
Awww, cute! Very Happy

The pants aren't exactly form fitting either, but a TBLeague body would probably fill them out nicely. They do look good. I like where you're going with this and I enjoy your photos very much, so thank you! Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan,
I even have two different TBLeague bodies not currently allocated to anything so maybe I'll try the suntan one with this set.
But I have some reservations about them in general. The skeleton feels sharp, especially joints, I'm always afraid it'll rip through the silicon. Plus there is no swivel-hinge-swivel joint for the wrists, and no bicep swivel - the latter being a real showstopper for me.
I also feel like achieving a natural looking pose is harder with these. Don't know why, in my experience they don't "flow" well
They do look good though, especially with minimalistic outfits. The best look at this scale.

Diana,
Do you mean the pants sit too low in the last shot? Or don't fit overall because the body is so thin?
If the former, that's because I pulled them down to cover ankle joints (couldn't attach TBLeague feet all the way so there is quite a bit of a peg that needed to be covered).
Also, glad you like my sketches - I hope to evolve them into a broad strokes story at some point. And I'm always looking forward to your reactions and comments so thank you for those too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, they are not perfect, they are slightly more restricted in what they can do (you can still achieve some rotation from the shoulder), and they do feel more fragile (which is hardly surprising). But they do seem to be the only seamless option in 1/12. I haven't had issues with mine, although I bought them mostly out of curiosity and consequently have not done much with them -- so far.

Diana

Diana
Visisonor wrote:Do you mean the pants sit too low in the last shot? Or don't fit overall because the body is so thin?
I think it is mostly that the body is so thin. But I also didn't like the Catch Me body because of that, and by now I appreciate the variety it offers to the TBL bodies I usually have, so all good. Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
The combination of (older) Villa head and Catch Me suit was appealing enough to warrant an extra body for the final look of Vera.
So the kitbashed figure shown above ended up without a head. And it was based on CGG body, so the solution was obvious.
Now there are four of them
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3934
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3933

Better looking clothes arrived a bit later, initially the new girl looked like this:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3811 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3812

I've also tried this combination, and I like it too:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3810

But I'll settle on some variation of this look:
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3935 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3937 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3936

I am not quite sure where I am going with this, now all four VeryCool female figures are represented in my collection, albeit with modifications, big or small. And I need to make up a name for the new character. But I like how it all turned out, even if it was not planned.
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3938 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3939
NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3942 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3941 NEW PRODUCT: 1/12 Verycool VCF-3005 Black MC Camouflage Women Soldier Villa Cnr_3940

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great looking team.

Diana

Diana
Awww, they look great! That's a really nice team you got there. Very Happy

I couldn't get myself to buy the campus gun girl, but that head is gorgeous!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The newest addition looks great Smile

Adeno

They're very adorable Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum