OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Logan's Run: Logan 5 & Jessica 6 (both head sculpts)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Amazing how they painted teeth. I assume the reference image featured teeth.
i think the body you are using has shoulders that are possibly too wide, resulting in the portrait looking on the small side.

Yes. The reference pics I sent had her moth open slightly (but so did the sculpt). I agree, the body (the S19B) does have wider shoulders, but the outfit itself also has pretty “poofy” shoulders exaggerating the width more than usual.

skywalkersaga wrote:That's a truly gorgeous paintjob, really pleased for you! And it's great to finally see them with their outfits!

Xavion2004 wrote:Wow.  Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you, both. They really did a fantastic job — about 7 months from the time I sent it out until I got it back. Well worth the wait.

ThePhotogsBlog

The heads and figures look great!

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks! Very Happy

ukshaun

Looking forward to seeing more photo's with different poses Smile
Maybe find away to make some images that are brighter, higher contrast.

Logan's Run: Logan 5 & Jessica 6 (both head sculpts) - Page 6 P04h7bd1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
The final product/commission looks solid for these characters, it must be really satisfying to finally see a custom grail come to fruition like this. I've never seen the film myself, but my dad has mentioned it as he was always a fan of the older sci-fi films, I will have to give it a watch eventually. The figures look awesome together and look forward to seeing more of them.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Alkel, it is a classic, look it up. It shows its age, but still worthwhile. And you might recognize which movie is an altered remake of it. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:The final product/commission looks solid for these characters, it must be really satisfying to finally see a custom grail come to fruition like this. I've never seen the film myself, but my dad has mentioned it as he was always a fan of the older sci-fi films, I will have to give it a watch eventually. The figures look awesome together and look forward to seeing more of them.

Indeed, it is cool to have them. I saw this movie in the theatres when it first came out, and it was always one of my favorites. While I agree with The Guv that it shows it’s age as far as special effects goes, it’s storyline is still really solid. I don’t think you’d be disappointed if you checked it out.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Logan's Run: Logan 5 & Jessica 6 (both head sculpts) - Page 6 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
very cool

Diana

Diana
That paint job is stunning! Sounds like I might need to look this classic up. Smile

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The Jessica 6 head really turned out well. A truely gorgeous face. I especially like the fine detail like the parted hair with the tiny skin-colored line. That said, the eyes seem a little too glossy on the photo, giving the impression that she is deeply sad. Maybe, it is just the light...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The eyes don't look any more glossy than a typical Hot Toys headsculpt (though some may argue that HT makes their eyes too glossy, but just speaking about comparisons to what is seen as a 'standard').

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@skywalkersaga
If you don't have the same impression like me, then its likely only my personal perception. All the better.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:very cool

Thanks, Dal. Very Happy

Diana wrote:That paint job is stunning! Sounds like I might need to look this classic up. Smile

Thanks. Geez, you won't be sorry. It's fun.

Randam Hajile wrote:The Jessica 6 head really turned out well. A truely gorgeous face. I especially like the fine detail like the parted hair with the tiny skin-colored line. That said, the eyes seem a little too glossy on the photo, giving the impression that she is deeply sad. Maybe, it is just the light...

I think it was the lights I had off to the side that are making the eyes look super glossy. In hand it doesn't look that extreme -- but perhaps a bit more glossy than some other sculpts.

Ovy

Ovy
Wow a lot has happened. They look so alive, beautiful.

And as someone cutting off sculpted hair regularly, I still think this looks great.

Still haven't watched it yet, but I still have some months left before turning 30. 😂

ukshaun

ukshaun
Are there any plans to take more photo's in the future, with new poses.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:Are there any plans to take more photo's in the future, with new poses.

Sorry. Yes. I have a tendency to jump back and forth from one project to another, so I haven’t done much on her. I have to finish her “slippers”, already added her choker with the ankh.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Are there any plans to take more photo's in the future, with new poses.

Sorry. Yes. I have a tendency to jump back and forth from one project to another, so I haven’t done much on her. I have to finish her “slippers”, already added her choker with the ankh.

That will be good to see. Thanks for the update.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum