OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Commander James Bond VC

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Commander James Bond VC Empty Commander James Bond VC Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 am

ScotsCav

ScotsCav
I posted this a while ago on OSW but since the BBC's serialised adaptation of War of The Worlds starts next week on TV I thought I'd put him on here!

The British Royal Navy sees action so frequently that it's members are all battle hardened veterans.  Such an example is seen here.  Commander James Bond of the destroyer "Thunder Child" served at both battles of the Gulf of Aden (1886 and 1887) It was at  the Battle of Samatra that the Thunder Child was struck by a torpedo which resulted in Bond losing his arm and his right eye.  His arm was fitted with a steam powered prosthetic that only served to enhance his fearsome and dashing appearance.

Bond was killed when the Thunder Child was struck by a Martian heat ray during the Battle of London which occurred during the War of the Worlds.   Interestingly his Great, Great Grandson also served in the Navy and went on to serve On Her Majesty's Secret Service Wink

Commander James Bond VC Dsc_0015

Commander James Bond VC Bond4_10

Commander James Bond VC Bond3_10

Commander James Bond VC Bond_210

Thanks for looking

2Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:17 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. Love the steampunk arm. Creative backstory, as well. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Commander James Bond VC C8485110

3Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:53 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That is so freakin' awesome! The steampunk mechanical arm is excellent, so creative!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:58 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent figure, character, and back story! Nicely filled out on its own and weaved into more familiar themes. The arm/hand reminds me of this real-life knight from the reign of Maximilian I (1493-1519), who lost his hand and had a prosthetic metal one created for him (unfortunately, the name escapes me at the moment).

5Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He looks really cool, steampunk (he's steampunk right?) is quite cool, I've always liked the mix of victorian and tech for some reason.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Commander James Bond VC 1f60e

6Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:43 am

Ovy

Ovy
Steampunkers vs Martians, that's just beautiful! Was he on an airship or a regular one?

And how do you imagine those Martians, retro style little green men from the Original War of the World's or super modern high tech ones as a contrast?

The arm is beautiful, I also think little watch making equipment parts would be great for steampunk figures

GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent figure, character, and back story! Nicely filled out on its own and weaved into more familiar themes. The arm/hand reminds me of this real-life knight from the reign of Maximilian I (1493-1519), who lost his hand and had a prosthetic metal one created for him (unfortunately, the name escapes me at the moment).
You probably mean Götz von Berlichingen?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6tz_von_Berlichingen

7Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:07 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'm thinking that the head sculpt would be good for Red October's Marko Ramius and the Rock's John Mason.

8Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:23 am

ScotsCav

ScotsCav
Spookily I have used it for both of those no photos though😩

9Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:28 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Very imaginative!

10Commander James Bond VC Empty Re: Commander James Bond VC Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:You probably mean Götz von Berlichingen?

Yes, that's the one! Speaking of that name, I'd love to find a Götz Otto head sculpt! He's probably my favorite German actor (not that I know that many of those) and he played my favorite Holy Roman Emperor (Sigismund) in die Wanderhure.

PS Would you know it, THIS Götz played THAT Götz !
https://www.freunde-der-burgfestspiele-jagsthausen.de/gotz-otto-ist-gotz-von-berlichingen/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum