OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

brassco

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks great. But ever the spoilsport, I saw something a little off. On the side (profile) view of that ballet pose, her head and neck don't meet quite correctly. I hope some more posing or a slightly different angle would fix the issue, but even if they don't, she looks great everywhere else.

Yes, the neck seems thick. Especially when the neck is bent for posture. The pictures i took, i actually adjusted the neck by trying to stuff the neck into the HS joint. But still quite obvious.

That reminds me the reason why i decided to buy this figure from Phicen. Since they released the smaller body type, I thought, why not try this figure onto it?

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure - Page 2 Youth1

The body i used is S24A. I must say, the HS still looks abit out of proportion with this body, but i could live with that.

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure - Page 2 Youth2
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure - Page 2 Youth3

The chin looks great with this body! Even when i bend the neck, it still looks good! Hopeful here!
So I decided to put the ballet dress onto this body. But then, i realised I must also transfer the ballet feet. So i decided to check it out first...

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure - Page 2 Youth4

And it doesn't fit. The HS i might be able to hack abit, but the feet supports the figure, so any less tight it wouldn't be able to even stand.

May be i can custom make a pair of ballet shoes? Still abit hopeful. Then, it occurred to me again, that i like to pose the ballet dancer with those elegant fingers posture. So i started to try again...

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure - Page 2 Youth5

Nope...

Last hope...I tried to put on the Youth's clothes...but when i tried the seemingly tight hot pants...

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure - Page 2 Youth6

Sigh...i think i'll forget about the shirt...it would seems like she is wearing a man's shirt...

brassco

Stryker2011 wrote:Here's mine. I've had her for a few months (I think this is the first picture I've taken of her):

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure - Page 2 _dsc2810

Nice ballet posture you had there! If you put her at the corner of your display shelve, you could have a 3 point supporting balance. I personally dislike using the stand. I remembered trying to balance a Harry Porter Hermione riding a broom stick flying, using a stand, after a prolonged period of time, i discovered marks on the body...

cheers!

brassco

skywalkersaga wrote:
And lol, I get the disappointment about the  'no nips', but at the same time, I am glad there is a seamless body that doesn't have those so, uh, prominent. I mean, it does allow for more outfits that I'd otherwise not use, because of that very issue.

How did you know that i was using the original body from Youth to wear that ballet dress? You could tell that was a nipless body type? Given that the body was made from TPE, it wouldn't really matter, correct? I mean...how would women be able to wear different dresses, if their protrusions are always in the way??

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Brassco, the body swap looks very promising for the head. Sorry to see the feet won't fit. Was it absolutely necessary for TBLeague to change the size of the neck and ankle pegs? Of course you could go for a totally different look.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
So sorry that the body swap won't work as you'd hoped, Brassco! I do think she still looks quite pretty on the s24a, though. : )

Perhaps you could try the opposite, and still use the ballet dancer body and outfit, but find a different headsculpt to go with it?

And GubernatorFan, Stryker, and Brassco, I apologize again if my comments about the nipples (or lack thereof) were confusing. Most of my experience regarding 1/6 female bodies is to do with jointed bodies like VeryCool, Kumik,  PopToys, etc., and these *do* have a MAJOR issue with nipples showing when you don't want them to. For instance, I was trying a potential outfit onto a VeryCool body, and even just the medium bust version still had nipples that showed through what was supposed to be a leather tunic type thing. I had numerous instances where something similar happened, and I found myself wishing that these bodies had 'doll boobs' (aka smooth rounded ones with no nipples), just so I wouldn't have to worry about that all that time.

But of course, those jointed bodies are made of rubber in those areas, as opposed to the silicone and/or TPE of the seamless bodies. Thus far, I only have one tbleague body (the s25b) and have yet to put any clothes on it (as I only just got it a few days ago). So, my experience with the non-seamless bodies was colouring my expectations here. I don't actually know for sure that it would prove to be an issue in this case, but I just presumed (rightly or wrongly) that with super-tight outfits, at least, it might.  I see that I may have been mistaken in my assumption, so apologies if it caused any confusion. I was honestly just trying to look on the bright side with regard to the figure and see if there were any other potential usages for it (from my own perspective). : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

brassco

brassco
skywalkersaga: no apologies needed at all. Each of us is free to voice our own opinion, so long as there is no animosity. I tried the ballet dress on another phicen body with protrusions, and yield the same effect. As least we contributed our opinions and ideas, and all benefited from it.

cheers!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
brassco wrote: I tried the ballet dress on another phicen body with protrusions, and yield the same effect.

That's really good to know, thank you! Smile

And thanks for your patience with me, I'm still learning about seamless bodies. ^.^

Peaches

Peaches
I love the thin lean look of this body, I wish they would make it a regular option Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Same here, Peaches! I like the slimmer arms and wrists, especially. I'm not overly keen on the pudgy wrists on the regular ones. ;p

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum