OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

This is one of my earliest non-star wars related bashes or sci-fi. I made this figure back when I got my hands on Auz and Taz's uniform from 21st centurys toys, Auz & Taz was by far one of my most wanted figures back in the day simply because of the uniform(which is Rhodesian Brushtroke) , there was also another 21st century figure with the same uniform but it had long pants instead of shorts, that figure if I remember correctly was named "Mercenary" just that and it came with an AK style of rifle and a red beret, both I wanted for their uniforms but sadly like most things I never saw them over here.
Fast forward to whenever it was I bought these uniforms and thanks to ebay and chinese sellers I managed to get the two things I wanted, Auz's shirt and the mercenaries long legged pants and then I made a figure out of random parts that sort of fit.
A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.  H4Epcty
A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.  YZmF1ZE
A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.  E1LZrj4
A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.  LhKLuYB
A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.  CmpK2rK

Well that's all, just pieces of 21st century toys and some bbi bits thrown in to make this guy, rifle is dragon and I regret never buying more than one of it when I had the chance. Anyway that's all for now and I return to my other little projects, on the meanwhile have fun and stay safe.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.  1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your kitbash certainly looks like a cool and viable character. Glad you managed to get the items you wanted for so long, and put them to good use.

Ovy

Ovy
That is one cool dude. Like how that long sleeve matches the cap. Would be nice with some aviators.

That background seems to be very universally useable.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks great. Love the camouflage.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.  C8485110

PitViper

PitViper
I like it!!!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Really nice! That’s a unique looking sculpt, too.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Your kitbash certainly looks like a cool and viable character. Glad you managed to get the items you wanted for so long, and put them to good use.

Thanks, It's always a great feeling when you get something you've always wanted, even if it's miniature clothes.

Ovy wrote:That is one cool dude. Like how that long sleeve matches the cap. Would be nice with some aviators.

That background seems to be very universally useable.

Thanks, I thought about some glasses but I don't have any, perhaps I could make some. And the background is probably the best thing I've come up with for this hobby, though I'll have to make at least another one cause this one might get boring or not be the best option for some figures.

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks great. Love the camouflage.
Thanks, Its one of my favorite camouflages.

PitViper wrote:I like it!!!
I like it too, thanks!

skywalkersaga wrote:Really nice! That’s a unique looking sculpt, too.

Thanks, that's a complete old bbi figure under the clothes, I just darkened his beard shade a little bit.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A mercenary, a soldier for hire, a businessman in camouflage.  1f60e

henchman21

henchman21
Love that cold war era bush war vibe this gives off

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
henchman21 wrote:Love that cold war era bush war vibe this gives off

Thanks, It was sort of the idea to place him in that time period but I wanted to be vague even tho the uniform was used during that time period by Rhodesia and later on by Zimbabwe, when 21st century toys did it the uniform came on their "villains" line up of figures, specifically two, one with a little pigmy guy called Auz & Taz and the other a random mercenary guy.

GregT

I have some of that camo, didn't realize it could look so good, well done!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum