OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

DeltaForceChung

I'm contemplating submitting Stryker2011's pictures as a suggestion for a 1:6 figure or at the very least a head sculpt with outfit and accessories set.

I know a contact or two / I know people who know people who may be interested or consider Stryker2011's subject as a possible offering.

Nothing set in stone yet. If anything does proceed, I'll reach out to Stryker2011.

That's how much his figure resounds with me.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very cool. Hope something comes of it. As long as it's ok with Stryker.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

MarkEl

Impressive creation with so many little details in the tray. You’ve really captures a slice of life from a bygone (although not long ago) era. I could see this as a display in a museum about social history or design. It’s really good.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Thanks, MarkEl. Appreciate the kind words.

Chung, go ahead and see what happens (as long as I get a free prototype -- just kidding; that would be cool though). I'd love to see what would come of it. If anything, I'd like to see a company offer a smiling head sculpt like some of the ladies pictured above in my historical essay.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Just been digging through the archives and found this! what a fantastic idea for a character! she looks so cool. She really does look the part. I love all the cigars and cigarette packs she has for sale! did you make them all yourself?
Really enjoyed that!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Dal. I bought the cigarette, gum & playing card packs as flat pre-printed items, and then had to cut and assemble them -- pain in the butt for someone with bad eyes and arthritis. I just took new pics of her, as I've had different stockings for a very long time and decided to take a pic of her with the new ones. I think these look more appropriate for the time period rather than the red thigh-highs & garters.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 _dsc3353
Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 _dsc3354
Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 _dsc3355
Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 _dsc3356

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! she is so cool! Her new stockings really look the part too! Thanks for the new pics bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, she looks the part perfectly. I would say immaculate, but that would defeat the point. Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, fellas. I really need to figure out better lights for the photo tent I just assembled (the ones that came with it sort of suck -- even at full blast, they aren't nearly bright enough.)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was going to say that you don't need full-blast LED lights most of the time, but if that is full blast, you are probably right. I use relatively cheap task lights from Kroger and Walmart (the latter have three different light settings).

BAMComix

BAMComix
LED lights do give nice additional light (I have them in the Ammo Arms) but I also use a pair of these to cast additional light onto my scenes. they help diffuse too much light

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 71BALwzvOxL._AC_SX679_

Illusion

Illusion
pays off to dig in old stuff... such a cool custom with amazingly detailed accessories. The tray is awesome.

koloth

koloth
Amazing work, Stryker2011!! Not only the girl but also the stuff she's selling.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:LED lights do give nice additional light (I have them in the Ammo Arms) but I also use a pair of these to cast additional light onto my scenes. they help diffuse too much light

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 71BALwzvOxL._AC_SX679_

Thanks. I have a couple small desk-top LEDs, that came with different colored interchangeable screens; I used the plain white for the photos I did of Kraasa Xan, and that worked better. The inside of the photo tent I got is reflective silver (like tin foil) so I'm going to try putting these new lights in there as well to see how the images turn out.

Illusion wrote:pays off to dig in old stuff... such a cool custom with amazingly detailed accessories. The tray is awesome.

koloth wrote:Amazing work, Stryker2011!! Not only the girl but also the stuff she's selling.

Thank you both so much. It's much appreciated.

BAMComix

BAMComix
If you don't have the umbrella's to diffuse the desk lights, some tracing paper in front of them might help?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:If you don't have the umbrella's to diffuse the desk lights, some tracing paper in front of them might help?

The different colored screens are diffusers themselves. Here's a link to the ones I purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFY7H7J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And here's the photo tent that I bought (Probably way too big):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MTYBWD3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

koloth

koloth
Better give us a rear view of the lovely lady.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
koloth wrote:Better give us a rear view of the lovely lady.

Cheeky, devil. Sadly, since I changed out her previous stockings and garters (which actually had attached underwear), she’s now “going commando” — so, no gratuitous behind shots. Crying or Very sad

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking bit of kit, I should imagine those will do just what you need them to do cheers . Lighting is a very hit and miss affair (well it was for me when I started anyway), but lots of practice and you will soon get what works and what doesn't.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with bounce bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Cheeky, devil. Sadly, since I changed out her previous stockings and garters (which actually had attached underwear), she’s now “going commando” — so, no gratuitous behind shots. Crying or Very sad

So... who is the cheeky devil, actually? Wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist. The photo booth/tent and lights look great, far more advanced than anything I've got. You say the "tent" might be too big, but then again you might need it when shooting several figures at the same time. I don't know what to tell you. I suppose different situations require different compromises. It can't hurt to get some cheap task lights with bendable ("goose") necks. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for digging up this thread BAM so I can see this amazing custom! Well done Stryker! Really love the details in the cart!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for showing ! What a great idea. Maybe we can get more of these Pin Up Photos from the 50 ´? Your sortiment is better than in the original pictures. Whisky, cigarrs and a cutter ! Al Capone cuts fingers with it Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Thanks for digging up this thread BAM so I can see this amazing custom! Well done Stryker! Really love the details in the cart!

Ephiane wrote:Thanks for showing ! What a great idea. Maybe we can get more of these Pin Up Photos from the 50 ´? Your sortiment is better than in the original pictures. Whisky, cigarrs and a cutter ! Al Capone cuts fingers with it Very Happy

Thank you both. I’m a big fan of the Classic Pin-Up Era, so this was a dream project. I’m glad she’s appreciated.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
By the way, do we know who the head sculpt intends to portray? At times I'm thinking I'm picking up some Heidi Klum vibes, but then I'm not so sure.

Ephiane

Ephiane
GubernatorFan wrote:By the way, do we know who the head sculpt intends to portray? At times I'm thinking I'm picking up some Heidi Klum vibes, but then I'm not so sure.

Please Gube.... She´s a cute nice cigarr girl. Not a sadistic sick old Lady that feels fun by torture young models with pain and fear Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Please Gube.... She´s a cute nice cigarr girl. Not a sadistic sick old Lady that feels fun by torture young models with pain and fear Laughing

LOL. Hide. She will find and punish you for saying that! Smile

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
You know, I remember this thread back in the "old" days when this board just got started, and things were coming fast and furious and we "happy few" were enjoying our new board! And if I recall, I made mention of how I prefer classic black or nude stockings over the red ones... so hah! I'm going to totally take credit for the new look!   tongue Smile All kidding aside, she looks even better now and I still love all those little knick knacks you put together.

BTW I bought my lightbox on Amazon and was quite pleased with the lighting. It's by a company called ESDDI and is pretty well made, not flimsy like a lot of them. I do supplement sometimes with a high powered 5500k lamp through the front door for extra light.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:You know, I remember this thread back in the "old" days when this board just got started, and things were coming fast and furious and we "happy few" were enjoying our new board! And if I recall, I made mention of how I prefer classic black or nude stockings over the red ones... so hah! I'm going to totally take credit for the new look!   tongue Smile All kidding aside, she looks even better now and I still love all those little knick knacks you put together.

BTW I bought my lightbox on Amazon and was quite pleased with the lighting. It's by a company called ESDDI and is pretty well made, not flimsy like a lot of them. I do supplement sometimes with a high powered 5500k lamp through the front door for extra light.

Haha! Believe me, I remember your input from those early days, and once I saw these stockings about a year ago, I couldn’t have agreed more — and you were right; I’m glad you approve. Very Happy

I have some additional lights that I’m going to put in the photo tent, so I’m hoping theyre strong enough to actually do some good.

koloth

koloth
The lovely cigar girl ought to put on a promising smile instead of looking soooo serious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum