OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:54 pm

rui

Yippee! One of my ebay orders has arrived!

TBLeague/Phicen S25B Petite Suntan Mid-Bust
Black Widow 5.0 Head
Black Widow outfit set

Weird pose, I know. That was the only way I could get her to stand on her own.

The height of the figure is perfect. She seems the same height as my HT Black Widows. I've only tried moving her a bit but the TBL body is a lot nicer than the HT ones. When I try to do a kick pose with HT, the leg just flops back down although part of that could be the stiff outfits. The suntan is so pale though. Pale must look ghostly.

Head was pretty lose. Why oh why did TBL use a smaller joint? Thankfully, I found some thin foam pieces from my smart plug purchase. Gotta say, I really appreciate how much better the head sculpts on the HT Black Widows look compared to the unlicensed ones.

Getting the pants on was a pain and she's already the petite figure. It's like the pain I go through when I go up in jean size. Laughing

Can't imagine how difficult it would be to use these clothes on the regular 12" figures. I plan on putting her in the Barbie Black Widow suit eventually but with how difficult it was to dress her, I think I'll wait until I get my tiny doll zippers order (from China) to fix up the suit.

Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) 50491761998_7815633a13_k

doodlehobby

Nice. Looking forward to seeing your bash for this. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking very good so far. Yes, the smaller-sized TBLeague bodies employ unusually small neck pegs. But using a female HT head on something other than an HT body would always mean doing some sort of modification.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. And as the Guv said, bashing usually involves modifications of one kind or another.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) C8485110

Diana

Diana
Oh yay!! There can never be enough Black Windows! Smile
Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing her evolve!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looking really good so far! I don't know if I've seen anyone use a s25b for a Black Widow before, even though it is the obvious choice. Definitely curious to see how it all turns out. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:52 am

rui

doodlehobby wrote:Nice. Looking forward to seeing your bash for this. Smile
Thanks!

GubernatorFan wrote:Looking very good so far. Yes, the smaller-sized TBLeague bodies employ unusually small neck pegs. But using a female HT head on something other than an HT body would always mean doing some sort of modification.
Yeah, I'm just using 3rd party for now.

The original Hot Toys head sculpts are expensive and right now, I don't want to part out my figures just yet. Plus I plan on styling the hair so Black Widow Barbie and the Chinese head sculpts will be my guinea pigs. Twisted Evil

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good. And as the Guv said, bashing usually involves modifications of one kind or another.
Lol, I'm the least artsy person I know. I can't even do my own hair make up so this kitbash should be an interesting journey.  Laughing

AerynDiana wrote:Oh yay!! There can never be enough Black Windows! Smile
Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing her evolve!
So true! Thanks!

skywalkersaga wrote:Looking really good so far! I don't know if I've seen anyone use a s25b for a Black Widow before, even though it is the obvious choice. Definitely curious to see how it all turns out. Smile
Yeah, I wanted her to have that comparatively petite height when standing next to other figures.  Very Happy

Anyway, here's a close up I also took yesterday. Just didn't have time to clean the background and upload. It'll probably be a while before my next post since the estimated delivery for the zippers is 20-70 days.   pale
Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) 50494601962_b951c3c9a6_k

8Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL, well you can always post in other people's threads. Smile But I know how annoying it is to wait for something to arrive when you are otherwise ready to roll with your custom. Anyway, she does look great. And nothing wrong with using third party heads. Sometimes they can be even better looking or more suitable, not to mention more universally usable (without additional customization) for non-Hot Toys bodies, etc.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Very cool looking. It's nice to see her in civies. Great work buddy.

10Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 pm

rui

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL, well you can always post in other people's threads. Smile But I know how annoying it is to wait for something to arrive when you are otherwise ready to roll with your custom. Anyway, she does look great. And nothing wrong with using third party heads. Sometimes they can be even better looking or more suitable, not to mention more universally usable (without additional customization) for non-Hot Toys bodies, etc.
Lol, I did just mean no updates to this thread not that I won't be posting in this forum. Although I guess I'm taking it back now since this is an update. Wink

Yep, there's that advantage. Plus if I mess something up, it's not a huge loss. I do wish they'd have better face paint, though but I guess that's why they're cheaper. Razz

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Very cool looking. It's nice to see her in civies. Great work buddy.
Thanks! I do enjoy her in civies as well. Smile

Anyway, a new head arrived (GAC Toys GAC-002A) so figured I'll play with her a bit more. This one's a really good match for the suntan skin tone. Took off the jacket and put Barbie's belt and holster on her. Very Happy

Head is much looser this time. I really need to get my hands on some Blue Tack. Might check if there are adapter pegs I can get. Also, I just learned that it's possible to completely remove the back of the head with the hair portion and replace it. Now I'm looking at getting wigs. Very Happy

Mind, I really don't know why my iPhone camera makes the head look bigger than it is in person.

Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) 50495338111_b5a539cc3e_k

Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) 50495338041_66e077b18a_k

11Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:01 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed she's looking good!

12Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:38 pm

doodlehobby

LOL... I laughed hard at this comment. Don't you just love the spell checker/prediction of words. :p

I have to say the S25B is most likely a very versatile body if not looking for tall amazonian figures. For small bodies, this is one of my favorites to use.

13Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:39 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL @ the typo... we have all been there. ;p

And yesss, I love the s25b, one of my faves... I can never have enough for all my projects! Razz

14Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, S25B (or if you have a true snow-white, S24A) is an excellent body; it's just that adjusting to the smaller-size neck pegs can be tricky, and of course some head sculpts and clothes can look big on it, so it takes a bit of extra effort to get things to work right.

15Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks good, bashing is always a work in progress, at least for me it is. I must say every time I see 1/6 scale boots with laces I'm taken back to that moment when I accidentally undid the laces on a pair of boots and couldn't get it laced up again😐.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) 1f60e

16Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:28 am

Diana

Diana
doodlehobby wrote:
LOL... I laughed hard at this comment. Don't you just love the spell checker/prediction of words. :p

I have to say the S25B is most likely a very versatile body if not looking for tall amazonian figures. For small bodies, this is one of my favorites to use.

Laughing

I would like the S25B better if there were more heads that size. I can imagine the KT004 working and I actually really like that face for comic-based BW so I would probably go with that.
*hmmmm* *tempted*...

17Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:
doodlehobby wrote:

Laughing

I would like the S25B better if there were more heads that size. I can imagine the KT004 working and I actually really like that face for comic-based BW so I would probably go with that.
*hmmmm* *tempted*...

That one does work as it is rather on the small-ish side and with the right kind of face shape. The VeryCool Villa head also works with it (not for BW, I mean, but just in general). Smile

18Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:37 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice! she looks great!

19Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:45 am

rui

Theboo-bomb wrote:Looks good, bashing is always a work in progress, at least for me it is. I must say every time I see 1/6 scale boots with laces I'm taken back to that moment when I accidentally undid the laces on a pair of boots and couldn't get it laced up again😐.
Thank you! Yep, I'm quickly finding that to be true. Alas, I've never been good at crafts so needing to mod stuff is a challenge.  Embarassed  

BAMComix wrote:Very nice! she looks great!
Thank you! Scarlett is always gorgeous. I'm still hoping to find better/more accurate head sculpts, though.

20Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:25 am

ZombieTestSubject

I'm not much into superheroes, but maybe that's why your more different custom appeals to me -- as a character, whether or not she is specifically meant to be Black Widow. Well done.

21Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:52 pm

rui

Head (Hot Toys Endgame) and outfit change. Very Happy

Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Elf_rj3XYAE0ZhV?format=jpg&name=orig

Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) 50544860583_31a651fd02_k

22Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:54 pm

ZombieTestSubject

Although that zipper is huge, she's looking great overall.

23Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:19 pm

rui

ZombieTestSubject wrote:Although that zipper is huge, she's looking great overall.
Thanks! I thought the same about the zipper as well when I received the jacket. When it came to unzip it so I could put it on BW, though, I suddenly became quite glad it wasn't to scale. Laughing

24Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:22 pm

doodlehobby

rui wrote:
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Although that zipper is huge, she's looking great overall.
Thanks! I thought the same about the zipper as well when I received the jacket. When it came to unzip it so I could put it on BW, though, I suddenly became quite glad it wasn't to scale. Laughing
Looks good, though you really need to tie those boots! Twisted Evil LOL

25Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Empty Re: Black Widow Custom (my first kitbash) Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:30 am

rui

doodlehobby wrote:Looks good, though you really need to tie those boots! Twisted Evil LOL
I tried but the laces are too short for my fat clumsy fingers. You'll notice there's a half knot now. The excess string, I just hid inside the boots. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum