OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

csyeung

Thanks for digging up this thread BAM so I can see this amazing custom! Well done Stryker! Really love the details in the cart!

Ephiane

Thanks for showing ! What a great idea. Maybe we can get more of these Pin Up Photos from the 50 ´? Your sortiment is better than in the original pictures. Whisky, cigarrs and a cutter ! Al Capone cuts fingers with it Very Happy

Stryker2011

Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Thanks for digging up this thread BAM so I can see this amazing custom! Well done Stryker! Really love the details in the cart!

Ephiane wrote:Thanks for showing ! What a great idea. Maybe we can get more of these Pin Up Photos from the 50 ´? Your sortiment is better than in the original pictures. Whisky, cigarrs and a cutter ! Al Capone cuts fingers with it Very Happy

Thank you both. I’m a big fan of the Classic Pin-Up Era, so this was a dream project. I’m glad she’s appreciated.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
By the way, do we know who the head sculpt intends to portray? At times I'm thinking I'm picking up some Heidi Klum vibes, but then I'm not so sure.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Ephiane

Ephiane
GubernatorFan wrote:By the way, do we know who the head sculpt intends to portray? At times I'm thinking I'm picking up some Heidi Klum vibes, but then I'm not so sure.

Please Gube.... She´s a cute nice cigarr girl. Not a sadistic sick old Lady that feels fun by torture young models with pain and fear Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Please Gube.... She´s a cute nice cigarr girl. Not a sadistic sick old Lady that feels fun by torture young models with pain and fear Laughing

LOL. Hide. She will find and punish you for saying that! Smile

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
You know, I remember this thread back in the "old" days when this board just got started, and things were coming fast and furious and we "happy few" were enjoying our new board! And if I recall, I made mention of how I prefer classic black or nude stockings over the red ones... so hah! I'm going to totally take credit for the new look!   tongue Smile All kidding aside, she looks even better now and I still love all those little knick knacks you put together.

BTW I bought my lightbox on Amazon and was quite pleased with the lighting. It's by a company called ESDDI and is pretty well made, not flimsy like a lot of them. I do supplement sometimes with a high powered 5500k lamp through the front door for extra light.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:You know, I remember this thread back in the "old" days when this board just got started, and things were coming fast and furious and we "happy few" were enjoying our new board! And if I recall, I made mention of how I prefer classic black or nude stockings over the red ones... so hah! I'm going to totally take credit for the new look!   tongue Smile All kidding aside, she looks even better now and I still love all those little knick knacks you put together.

BTW I bought my lightbox on Amazon and was quite pleased with the lighting. It's by a company called ESDDI and is pretty well made, not flimsy like a lot of them. I do supplement sometimes with a high powered 5500k lamp through the front door for extra light.

Haha! Believe me, I remember your input from those early days, and once I saw these stockings about a year ago, I couldn’t have agreed more — and you were right; I’m glad you approve. Very Happy

I have some additional lights that I’m going to put in the photo tent, so I’m hoping theyre strong enough to actually do some good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 C8485110

koloth

koloth
The lovely cigar girl ought to put on a promising smile instead of looking soooo serious.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, I think she actually does have a bit of a Mona Lisa smile... besides, she is probably not amused by the sexist things some inconsiderate patrons have hurled at her. As for the big smiles, these happen on FaceApp.

koloth

koloth
She is fully aware of her lovely costume she has put on to well let's say stimulate her customers. She wouldn't sell as much as she does when wearing long slacks.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan -- I'm not sure who the sculpt is meant to portray, but from some angles she resembles Emily Deschanel from the show Bones.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:GubernatorFan -- I'm not sure who the sculpt is meant to portray, but from some angles she resembles Emily Deschanel from the show Bones.

That's a pretty good guess. Now that you say it, I can't unsee it. It wouldn't surprise me if that is who it is based on.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:GubernatorFan -- I'm not sure who the sculpt is meant to portray, but from some angles she resembles Emily Deschanel from the show Bones.

That's a pretty good guess. Now that you say it, I can't unsee it. It wouldn't surprise me if that is who it is based on.

Yes, I looked her up, and I think the resemblance is there. I don't know if it is accidental or by design.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:

Yes, I looked her up, and I think the resemblance is there. I don't know if it is accidental or by design.

Glad you guys agree! And yeah, the blond hair threw me at first but I always felt there was something familiar about that sculpt. Even if it's not 'supposed' to be her, it would definitely work for a kitbash of that character...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I just received this really great and wonderful FaceApp photo done by Ephiane for me, so with permission I’m posting this really cool pic for everyone. Pretty awesome! And I’m grateful for the effort. Please enjoy and give praise to our FaceApp aficionado.

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 5d297410

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pretty awesome indeed. Well done, Mark, for putting her together with so much love and attention to detail, and well done, Ephiane, for making her smile so beautifully.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
That looks amazing! Brings her to "life," it looks so real! Wonderful job to you both!

Ephiane

Ephiane
Friends... all i´ve done is to pressed a button on my mobile phone Embarassed

But many thanks for this Thread. I already said i get all my inspirations here in the forum. I read in this Thread there are fans of old pinup pictures ... so the work is in progress Laughing

Ovy

Ovy
My theory why she not smile: She is stone cold Soviet assassin. Her exaggerated smile is actually mockery of capitalist pig gentlemen's smiles, throwing looks and comments at her, three seconds before violent action sequence.
Whiskey bottle is nitroglycerin, short white Lucky Strikes are uranium posion darts, long thick brown Cuban cigars are little rockets. And we don't want talk about cigar cutter. Sometimes cigar cutter is just cigar cutter!

Her favourite color is red. When violence is done, music starts, sea of blood will turn into swirling red ocean, silhouettes of cigar girls diving and launching Cuban cigar missiles from their nuclear launch trays, giant cigar cutters cutting people in half in artsy slowmotion. Shirley Bassett starts singing. It's famous song with same name as famous agent action motion picture,
Lucky Strykes.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh man, so glad to see this thread resurrected! It's such a cool concept, and gorgeous figure. I really like the new stockings too. Really great to see it again.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, not to take away from Ephi's wonderful FaceApp, but I wanted to see what this would look like with an "actual" smiling head sculpt. And since I've had this Facepool head for quite some time, I thought I'd give it a shot and see what everyone thought. Better, or go back to the original?

Custom - Custom/Kitbash: Cigar (or Cigarette) Girl - Page 3 _dsc3369

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This looks great, actually. Might have been nice to have two identically dressed and equipped figures, one with each head. I think I'm already attached to the blonde, but both work perfectly.

Ovy

Ovy
I think the new one looks even better, but I am a Facepool fan anyway

It also confirms my Russian agent theory, as this head is from Ana Battle Angel.

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks awesome Mark Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The facepool head is very cute! But I admit I prefer the original head.... the blond hair and style seems somehow more suited to the vintage look.

Ephiane

Ephiane
She looks Amazing. I have to say there´s more life in her than before. Now without real hair she looks more real than before. Confused by this ? Yes  Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:This looks great, actually. Might have been nice to have two identically dressed and equipped figures, one with each head. I think I'm already attached to the blonde, but both work perfectly.

Oh man! I can’t even imagine trying to make another one. But that would be cool.

Ovy wrote:I think the new one looks even better, but I am a Facepool fan anyway

It also confirms my Russian agent theory, as this head is from Ana Battle Angel.

Those damn Russkies! Laughing

BAMComix wrote:She looks awesome Mark Very Happy

Thanks, Dal.

skywalkersaga wrote:The facepool head is very cute! But I admit I prefer the original head.... the blond hair and style seems somehow more suited to the vintage look.

I know what you mean. I’ve had that head on her for so long, it’s hard to get used to this one. I’m going to leave the new one on her for awhile and see if I can get used to it, or go back to the original.

Ephiane wrote:She looks Amazing. I have to say there´s more life in her than before. Now without real hair she looks more real than before. Confused by this ? Yes  Wink

Thanks, Ephi. Your FaceApp inspired me to try this, just to see if a more “animated” expression would suit her since your pic was so awesome.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Given that now you know exactly what you need to get or do, provided you can find another of each element, wouldn't making a second one be relatively easy?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum