OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Diana

Diana
I decided to not stop  buying stuff and thought I'd share my status to help you decide whether you want to wait or not:

On Feb 2nd I ordered an S33B from Giantoy and it arrived yesterday. Not bad!

Ebay item from artdesire6:
1) ordered Jan 21, arrived Jan 28.
2) ordered Jan 23, tracking number provided Jan 24, ARRIVED Feb 25 (still listed as dispatched)

Ebay item from toysloveit:
1) ordered Jan 23, dispatched Feb 6, last info Feb 9, ARRIVED Feb 25 (still listed as "in transit")

Ebay items from commitmenteam:
1) ordered Feb 3, dispatched Feb 5, last info Feb 13,  ARRIVED Feb 25 (still listed as "in transit")
2) ordered Feb 4, (as above)

Ebay item from xiangwyan_0:
1) ordered Feb 4, number provided Feb 9, not released yet (pre-order)

I shall now kindly inquire about the status about the ones that are not dispatched yet.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Honestly, it usually always takes forever to get stuff thru eBay — mostly due to their partnership with crappy SpeedPak — it was always a bit of a wait from Asia — but SP sucks so bad it isn’t funny — it costs less for Asian shippers to use, so many of them are going to use it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the update, Diana. Glad that stuff from GianToy does still seem to be shipping in a decent timeframe.

I’m currently waiting for an item (Nancy in Hell head) that I ordered all the way back in early January that seems to have gotten lost during the pandemic mess. I’ve already taken it up with the eBay seller in question, and they assured me they are sending a replacement, but I’m not holding my breath on said replacement arriving anytime soon...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:Honestly, it usually always takes forever to get stuff thru eBay — mostly due to their partnership with crappy SpeedPak — it was always a bit of a wait from Asia — but SP sucks so bad it isn’t funny — it costs less for Asian shippers to use, so many of them are going to use it.

Hahaha so true! I had several small things ordered last few month' and the only really slow ones are the SpeedPAk ones. Even their tracking is worse than others. But at least they were responding to my mail - and one day after the answer, the shipping status got changed! Don't know if it was because of my mail but now its already landed in my country.

Otherwise I can't see much of a difference in most of my postage from before the virus and now tbh. Some are fast 1-2 weeks, some normal 3-4 weeks, and some really slow 5-8 weeks. But nothing was lost.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad nothing of yours seems lost, Valiarde! Hope my situation with that headsculpt was just a isolated one.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Glad nothing of yours seems lost, Valiarde! Hope my situation with that headsculpt was just a isolated one.

I wouldn't write it off. Early January is still in time - like my HS from SpeedPAK (ordered Jan 12 - landed a few days ago and not in my hands yet). Hopefully will turn out good for you.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Valiarde -- I'm sure you are right and it will turn up eventually. Smile

gooboo

I've ordered some stuff from China on ebay, and I can't say that I've noticed any major changes in shipping speeds due to the pandemic. It always takes me about 3 weeks to get something in the mail from SpeedPak.

blackpool

blackpool
Didn't see any big change either yet, I received the old Dekkard figure from KGHobby last week, it shipped as fast as usual. Currently waiting on a black panther from them, I'll keep you posted about that one if it gets delayed (didn't get any special notification about it yet, it seems to be on its way)

shazzdan

shazzdan
If anything is sourced from China, don't expect it any time soon. The entire country is still locked down. I've been using alternate suppliers from Hong Kong and Singapore.

blackpool

blackpool
KGHobby is based in HK that might be the reason why it goes through as usual

Ovy

Ovy
I actually said to myself last year, I have anything I need now and will finish all the projects first.

But in a selfless act to save China's economy, I ordered two heads and some weird gizmos only available there. We'll see.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ha, I said the same thing to myself after the holidays — thought I’d stocked up on everything I’d needed for the next year’s worth of custom figures, but of course there’s always something else that comes up...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm not so much worried about the speed of items arriving right now as I am about the additional scrutiny at Customs - this stuff is expensive enough to begin with, without having a customs fee slapped on top.

I've got a H/S on the way from GianToy and it seems to be moving along as normal so far...

I'm less inclined to buy from eBay or AliExpress at the moment as both can mean waiting weeks (and occasionally months) at the best of times.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I feel you. I'm still too hesitant to purchase anything from China on ebay atm, and it's *solely* to do with not knowing the length of time it will take. I need to be able to plan out what I'm working on for a while in advance, and waiting around for an item indefinitely just ends up pushing back various projects and it's rather stress-inducing for me. It sucks, cause the only other real option is ordering from the US, and the shipping prices on ebay from there are awful. But, I will say... I've noticed that my more recent orders from the US have shipped LIGHTNING fast compared to previous orders from the same sellers, which is interesting. Still doesn't make the huge shipping costs any better, though. Razz

Ovy

Ovy
Someone visited kghobby the last days? Was browsing there and it seems they are out of most tbleague seamless bodies, which might be good for my on wallet on the other hand, but they were my main source.

zipkicker

I did the Buy It Now an a HS, heard nothing for a week and then got this;

"Hello! I'm sorry! Because our country has a very serious epidemic situation, the country in order to control us, do not let go to work, the postal system and customs can not work. So I can't deliver goods to you until today. In order to protect your interests, I'll refund it to you first. When our country is normal, you can buy it. I'm sorry!!!"

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy -- that sucks! I bet a lot of sellers are running out of tbleague stock right now. Is there a reason you don't buy directly from GianToy, though? They usually have the best prices... 

Zipkicker -- well that's certainly worrying! But at least they are offering a refund....

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well, this is very interesting... according to Royal Mail tracking, the H/S I ordered from GianToy last Friday is due to be delivered to me  .....  TODAY!

If this turns out to be correct (and I've no real reason to doubt it) that will be the fastest I've ever received a package from China. Just five days!  I don't often even get packages from 50 miles away that quickly! I've had packages from GianToy in five or six working days before, but never including a weekend.

Guess I'll be ordering up a TBL body (or two) later today...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel you. I'm still too hesitant to purchase anything from China on ebay atm, and it's *solely* to do with not knowing the length of time it will take. I need to be able to plan out what I'm working on for a while in advance, and waiting around for an item indefinitely just ends up pushing back various projects and it's rather stress-inducing for me. It sucks, cause the only other real option is ordering from the US, and the shipping prices on ebay from there are awful. But, I will say... I've noticed that my more recent orders from the US have shipped LIGHTNING fast compared to previous orders from the same sellers, which is interesting. Still doesn't make the huge shipping costs any better, though. Razz

Yeah ordering from the US is a nightmare thanks to the (usually) ridiculous shipping costs, sometimes the cost of purchasing an item can triple! Monkey Depot is the only US seller I deal with now, at least they offer a cheaper shipping option. I tend to buy small items regularly from them - and yes, I noticed the last couple of packages from them arrived more quickly than usual.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks like China is opening back up. Some of the orders I placed in January are starting to be shipped.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Five days, GeeW! Dang! I was impressed by the fact that my latest parcel from the US had arrived in five days (and like you, it was five days total, including the weekend), but that’s crazy!

Shazzdan— hope your orders arrive soon! I still have some that have not arrived and was starting to lose hope of seeing them turn up at all.

Diana

Diana
FYI: Everything arrived yesterday, meaning within 3-4 weeks, which is my normal for Ebay purchases. I've edited the first post accordingly.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good to know, Diana!

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:Ovy -- that sucks! I bet a lot of sellers are running out of tbleague stock right now. Is there a reason you don't buy directly from GianToy, though? They usually have the best prices... 

Zipkicker -- well that's certainly worrying! But at least they are offering a refund....
I preferred kghobby because of the prices, a s16 for example was 42€, on giantoy  it was 56$. With shipment costs and fees it was still less than giantoy, although I ordered my M33 at giantoy because it was out of stock on of when I needed it, too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum