OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Empty KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:29 am

Diana

Diana
I want to order that Charlie Chaplin from KGHobby, since GianToy said they missed the deadline and will likely not stock it.

While I know that GianToy take care of duty fees and all that ahead of time, which is very reassuring and convenient, I don't know/remember how KG handle this.

Do they mark the box with the correct value? Or a small value? Or none?

2KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Empty Re: KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:01 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I don't know how helpful my answer is, I don't remember what value they are declaring, but I never paid taxes when I got shipment from them. Could be luck or maybe they doing it similar to Kit and Giantoy...(both telling that they take care of VAT)
Since most sellers know the VAT situation with EU by now, I think they fullfill their duties...so this whole VAT thing is actually a net positive for us buyers - while I had to pay some extra money on stuff from ebay and Ali for the VAT - at least I will never have to pick them up at customs again, which is great.

3KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Empty Re: KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:05 am

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:I don't know how helpful my answer is, I don't remember what value they are declaring, but I never paid taxes when I got shipment from them. Could be luck or maybe they doing it similar to Kit and Giantoy...(both telling that they take care of VAT)
Since most sellers know the VAT situation with EU by now, I think they fullfill their duties...so this whole VAT thing is actually a net positive for us buyers - while I had to pay some extra money on stuff from ebay and Ali for the VAT - at least I will never have to pick them up at customs again, which is great.
Shipping seems to be a lot, which I thought used to be free, at least for Germany. So maybe you're right. Maybe the fees are already included.
Have you received anything from them since the changes took effect in July?

Thank you!!

4KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Empty Re: KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:39 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:
Valiarde wrote:I don't know how helpful my answer is, I don't remember what value they are declaring, but I never paid taxes when I got shipment from them. Could be luck or maybe they doing it similar to Kit and Giantoy...(both telling that they take care of VAT)
Shipping seems to be a lot, which I thought used to be free, at least for Germany. So maybe you're right. Maybe the fees are already included.

Thank you!!
Yes shipping costs, but their prices without shipping are already the lowest of all shops. Sometimes the shipping is 25 sometimes 50 euro. Depending on weight and size, in the end it is pretty close to Kit and GT. 
I've ordered two things since july and received them without customs.

5KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Empty Re: KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:08 am

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:
Diana wrote:

Thank you!!
Yes shipping costs, but their prices without shipping are already the lowest of all shops. Sometimes the shipping is 25 sometimes 50 euro. Depending on weight and size, in the end it is pretty close to Kit and GT. 
I've ordered two things since july and received them without customs.
Sweet! Thank you. I'll risk it then. Smile KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Boogie10

6KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Empty Re: KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:30 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Yeah it is much cheaper than anything out there, but it gets very even with Giantoy once the shipping costs are applied. But I didn't order since July I think.

What I love about kghobby packages, they are literally covered with entire sheets of Hong Kong stamps, I kept them all (maybe three)

7KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Empty Re: KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:37 am

Diana

Diana
Ovy wrote:Yeah it is much cheaper than anything out there, but it gets very even with Giantoy once the shipping costs are applied. But I didn't order since July I think.

What I love about kghobby packages, they are literally covered with entire sheets of Hong Kong stamps, I kept them all (maybe three)

So true! I've had one of those. I think it was the Silver Surfer. That was pretty cool. Smile

I'll report back.

8KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Empty Re: KGHobby shipping to EU - duty fees? Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:10 am

blackpool

blackpool
Same here, I already received a couple of figures from them this year and no customs to pay at my door (and same goes, I love their boxes covered with stamps, my GF started a collection lol)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum