OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

FreakinLobster

One thing I just realised is that nor her thighs nor her arms have them defined muscles, like in Painkiller Jane, Arhian, the Valkyries... so I'm assuming this is one of the newest bodies.

Diana

I'm really excited for the body and am hoping for an announcement for the base body soon!

I'm hoping that the cape in just an oversight. It should really be part of the set.
But also: The ribbons on her arm in the photos are the same fluffy material as elsewhere. But the ribbons on the overview are less fluffy. COME ON! Be consistent!

skywalkersaga

AerynDiana wrote:I'm really excited for the body and am hoping for an announcement for the base body soon!

Same here! I feel like this might be one of the Sideshow figures' bodies that we've all been oogling, finally in 'flesh' form. ;D

ETA: I'm praying that the neck on this one is not too huge/thick, cause from the looks of it it could be a body shape that would work really well for another one of my SW alien ladies! Damn my pre-existing headsculpt issue.... maybe I really should just scrap them all and remake them from scratch. But...too....much...work... Razz

Diana

skywalkersaga wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:I'm really excited for the body and am hoping for an announcement for the base body soon!

Same here! I feel like this might be one of the Sideshow figures' bodies that we've all been oogling, finally in 'flesh' form. ;D

ETA: I'm praying that the neck on this one is not too huge/thick, cause from the looks of it it could be a body shape that would work really well for another one of my SW alien ladies! Damn my pre-existing headsculpt issue.... maybe I really should just scrap them all and remake them from scratch. But...too....much...work... Razz
That body looks perfect to me!
Bust not too big, legs not too long, shoulders not too narrow or too wide, muscles not overly exaggerated,... It's like they found the perfect mix between S20A/S21B and S22A/S23B.
YES PLEASE!
bounce

I doubt the neck will be any different though. Or have you detected any significant differences in the various TBL models?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

That body looks perfect to me!
Bust not too big, legs not too long, shoulders not too narrow or too wide, muscles not overly exaggerated,... It's like they found the perfect mix between S20A/S21B and S22A/S23B.
YES PLEASE!
bounce

I doubt the neck will be any different though. Or have you detected any significant differences in the various TBL models?

I've indeed had issues with neck compatibility at times -- mainly with the s12d, which is not an ideal body in certain respects, but I like the fact that it has wider hips, so I was trying to use it for a couple of characters, but the neck is just too dang thick that it looks bizarre with my existing sculpts. And Stryker very kindly gave us those comparison pics of the s12d next to the Kier body, and the Kier, while a more balanced and attractive body in certain respects, still had an even wider neck than the s12d.

It's not necessarily a 'problem' if one is using tbleague or other types of third party sculpts meant to go with tbleague bodies, but I'm currently trying to use some existing custom sculpts for very specific characters, and thus struggling to get a good fit in the neck area. And I've already widened the neck openings on one of them in particular, and not sure if I can mod it any further without weakening the head sculpt at this point. So.... ahh, frustrating.

ETA: So far, the headsculpt in question that has been giving me such hassle seems to work with an s23b neck. But the s23b I got is one of those new ones that has the larger 'caboose' in the back, and I'm not sure I'm liking the look of that. As it still has the tiny hips, the large arse just looks odd and unnatural, plus it makes it hard to fit the clothing onto it properly. Argh.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

brassco

brassco
I'll add this to my collection. Cheers!

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:But the s23b I got is one of those new ones that has the larger 'caboose' in the back, and I'm not sure I'm liking the look of that. As it still has the tiny hips, the large arse just looks odd and unnatural, plus it makes it hard to fit the clothing onto it properly. Argh.
Oh that's exactly my thinking. I still risked it and ordered an S22A a week ago from Giantoy. And Giantoy will most likely have fresh stock so... I guess I'll find out how much it'll bug me. -.-
I really hope this Viking body won't have the balloon butt.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:But the s23b I got is one of those new ones that has the larger 'caboose' in the back, and I'm not sure I'm liking the look of that. As it still has the tiny hips, the large arse just looks odd and unnatural, plus it makes it hard to fit the clothing onto it properly. Argh.
Oh that's exactly my thinking. I still risked it and ordered an S22A a week ago from Giantoy. And Giantoy will most likely have fresh stock so... I guess I'll find out how much it'll bug me. -.-
I really hope this Viking body won't have the balloon butt.

Ha, 'balloon butt' indeed. It's like she's got a pair of boobs on her bum. Razz

I think the larger butt on the s23b can work with the scantily clad tbleague 'sexy warrior lady' figures. Because they only have to fit into random bits of barely-there 'armour'. But trying to use it with the particular outfit I wanted was not very successful. I truly hope you have better luck! I'm quite frustrated, because I actually don't mind the slimmer Painkiller Jane-style s23b body, but it seems they aren't doing those anymore. Sad

I don't mind a larger rear end in theory, but it has to be balanced with the rest of the body or it just looks ridiculous.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
What if I told you guys that TBLeague already have a better HS they could've used on this figure?

http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=360204&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline

I still don't know why wasn't this figure released for PO already.

Diana

Diana
FreakinLobster wrote:What if I told you guys that TBLeague already have a better HS they could've used on this figure?

http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=360204&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline

I still don't know why wasn't this figure released for PO already.
That's GORGEOUS!!!
Looks like an S23B with big buttocks, no?
Beautiful sculpt! Love the hair style! Though I think a little less volume in the front would have resulted in a more natural look.
I might also be interested in that torso armor (if it's removable) and those golden arm bands.

The figure itself isn't for me. Too many skulls.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's a neat figure, FreakinLobster! I like aspects of it as well -- i'd probably get the boots and just cut the skull part off, cause otherwise I like those. Smile

I like it way better than this 'Viking' woman, at least. It's still typical ridiculous fantasy style, but at least has a bit more 'oomph' to it. Hope they do release that one eventually.

JYMachine

JYMachine
FreakinLobster wrote:Most of the pics have a cape on it... but there's no cape on the packing list nor on the last pic that shows what comes with the figure...

Looks like it does come with the cloak after all. KG Hobby have an update to the final picture showing the cloak and its listed in the description.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It is a nice sculpt but wayyyyyy too pretty for this figure. The Sariah one is better but still too 'glam' for my taste (that's TBL for us, though...). This figure is crying out for a flesh-coloured Kier, or at least a riff on the ACE 'Lynn' sculpt, which while still conventionally-attractive has a great badass expression and her facial features could at least pass for Scandanavian.
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 Untitled
(best pic I could find quickly)

skywalkersaga wrote: the body -- it looks very similar to the one on the Sinful Suzi that has just been announced, only obviously in skintone rather than pale white, which should please GeeWillikers. Wink

Heh, yeah I'm liking the look of this one Smile  I don't see me buying this set though so hopefully it'll be out there as a base body soon.

Still want a muscular WOC with H/S please, TBL...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:It is a nice sculpt but wayyyyyy too pretty for this figure. The Sariah one is better but still too 'glam' for my taste (that's TBL for us, though...). This figure is crying out for a flesh-coloured Kier, or at least a riff on the ACE 'Lynn' sculpt, which while still conventionally-attractive has a great badass expression and her facial features could at least pass for Scandanavian.
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 Untitled
(best pic I could find quickly)

skywalkersaga wrote: the body -- it looks very similar to the one on the Sinful Suzi that has just been announced, only obviously in skintone rather than pale white, which should please GeeWillikers. Wink

Heh, yeah I'm liking the look of this one Smile  I don't see me buying this set though so hopefully it'll be out there as a base body soon.

Still want a muscular WOC with H/S please, TBL...

I used that ACE sculpt for this figure; that is exactly what TBL needs to do:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1238-my-first-attempt-at-a-post-apocalyptic-female-character?highlight=Post+-a

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
That is awesome Stryker. Smile

'Lynn' is such a cool sculpt (the figure as a whole I could take or leave apart from the sculpt, peace sign necklace and helmet), I love that furrowed brow. Get the lighting right and she looks plain evil. Laughing

She's one of my favourites - I've got three of 'em. Very Happy

Better pic:

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 13029-14

Nekk-ra

For those of you who have an interest in this figures parts, they're showing up on EBay.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Nekk-ra wrote:For those of you who have an interest in this figures parts, they're showing up on EBay.

And I still can't work out exactly what model that body is, even seeing it nude.  If it isn't unduly marked by the costume I may have to take the plunge and find out.

EDIT: Looking more closely the shins appear to have been marked by the boots. That's unfortunate.

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 S-l1600
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 S-l1600

It does appear to have muscle mass in the arms, legs and abs, but nothing like as defined (or chunky, if you will) as a 23b. No bubble butt, either. Boobs appear to obey gravity more than standard. It's a nice body that looks similar to the one they're using for the new Bettie Page set - although that seems to have longer legs.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeW -- it looks like the Kier/Gethsemoni/Sinful Suzi body to me.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:GeeW -- it looks like the Kier/Gethsemoni/Sinful Suzi body to me.

Yes it wouldn't surprise me - it's definitely not one of the currently-available base bodies, that's for sure. Fingers crossed that they do offer it as a base body soon, rather than more useless floppy-footed models.

gooboo

I looked at some more pictures of the body on ebay, and I do believe it's the Kier/Gethsemoni/Suzi body. It's got the same "details" as the others, as well as general body shape.

brassco

brassco
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 01
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 02
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 Seg-vivi

First look at the box. At first, i thought there is no base, given the packaging wasn't really thick. But it does come with base and extras. Great start.

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 Seg-vivi
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 06

First look at the contents. More accessories on this one. I studied the promo pictures in order to know which one to put on first, in case i missed something and need to redo. Not much difficulties on the rest of the accessories, as some of them could be fastened by hooks. The one that took up most of my time is the arm band. 2 silver rings on the right arm, and one gold ring on the left, according to the promo pics. After banding the red bands on the arm, it is rather difficult to slide the ring onto the upper arm, as layers of layers of banding will make the arm thicker. After quite some time, i successfully put the rings on.

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 Rpt
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 Ptr

First look at the figure with most of the armor and guards put on. The HS, again, looked familiar. The cup size, imo, is a tad too big. Rooted hair with simple hairdo. There are some pieces of the cloth cutting that seems bent and uneven. I tried to adjust, but realised it was done on purpose, to give the figure an overall rugged look. There's a long piece of string hanging from the left waist of the figure. I have no idea what is that for. Should i tie it up with a knot?

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 15
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 16
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 22

The rest of the contents. Base can be installed with a stand, but i don't like the stand, as the holder cannot be free to slide up or down. This is the same stand as other TBleague offerings.

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 24
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 26
Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 Bsh

Other than the above mentioned flaws, overall i did not regret collecting this figure. She's ready to join the batch of other female warriors!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for sharing. About the only thing I really like is the cloak.

Fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Viking Woman (# PL2020-162) - Page 2 C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the great all around in hand pics! So much more interesting than looking at promo pics.

I like her best without helmet, Axe and shield actually. Nice base outfit - I agree stryker about the cloak - I have that cloak in my basket since two weeks haha. But you could probalby make one yourself easily too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the mini review, brassco. I think she turned out pretty great and I agree with Valiarde that your photos are more interesting than the promotional ones. Is this use of Styrofoam boxing new for TBLeague, in your experience?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some of the larger bases have come like that for me, as well.

agentghost

agentghost
i like the HS..look familiar. have they used this somewhere?

brassco

brassco
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the mini review, brassco. I think she turned out pretty great and I agree with Valiarde that your photos are more interesting than the promotional ones. Is this use of Styrofoam boxing new for TBLeague, in your experience?

not new, but usually much bigger. I guess the older packaging they put the base (not so space demanding) into the main box. Better for shipping i guess.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I think the ebay seller in China who parts out these sets (I'm reasonably confident it's mostly just the one outfit even though there are around three seller IDs) has just figured out that this body is so far unique (c'mon TBL...) - he/they were selling the body and hands for the usual £40-45, then suddenly withdrew both listings. Now both are back up again, but now for nearly £60  Shocked  even though it didn't sell at the lower price...

I almost caved in and bought it earlier, even with the dented legs Very Happy, but not now at that price.

The seller(s) concerned is reliable enough, but certainly likes to charge over the odds when they can. Although to be fair I've also picked up a few surprise bargains from them over the years.

*waves, if they're reading*

gooboo

Someone on a facebook group posted one of these bodies that didn't have any dents in the legs, so I rolled the dice and order one off of ebay myself. We'll see if I get lucky or not regarding the quality of legs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum