OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vintage Phicen - TbLeague

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Mon May 11, 2020 2:14 pm

DarthJ

Are you ready to rumble for an UNboxing match ?

Then watch this topic.

Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Img_1210

2Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Mon May 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow! Did you just get all of those? Have fun.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Vintage Phicen - TbLeague C8485110

3Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Mon May 11, 2020 4:43 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that is quite a stash indeed. Curious to see.....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Mon May 11, 2020 4:53 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Be warned though, somewhere I read there is the possibility of chocking hazard.

5Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Mon May 11, 2020 5:46 pm

DarthJ

I bought all of this 1 month ago from a seller about 20 miles - 30 km away, not far by motorway. Problem was getting them. It would have been unwise to send this lot by mail and I couldn't get there by car because of the lockdown. Which has now been slightly eased so today I finally got them. Well, after losing about half an hour trying to find a dead end street in a town that has no street structure. Not a concentric grid "around the church" as more usual in Europe or even a square grid as more usual in North America. The town is a maze.
Anyway, I am busy taking pictures and afterwards I have to do some research for the correct references. After that the show can begin.
These are mostly 2012 figures, though I got 2 headless bodies from 2010 too.

6Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Mon May 11, 2020 6:16 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Oh boy, that's gonna be cool. I'm eager to see the result. Very Happy

7Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Mon May 11, 2020 9:41 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Very interesting....

8Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Mon May 11, 2020 10:08 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Be VERY careful with the Phicens (now TBLeague) if you have some from that era (which it sounds like you do) — many early bodies had plastic skeletons that were hard to work with and break easily.

9Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Tue May 12, 2020 5:42 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was going to say ... I’m curious about how these older bodies will have held up after that long. Good luck with the unboxing!

10Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Tue May 12, 2020 12:58 pm

DarthJ

Stryker2011 wrote:Be VERY careful with the Phicens (now TBLeague) if you have some from that era (which it sounds like you do) — many early bodies had plastic skeletons that were hard to work with and break easily.

This would have been handled during my "conclusions" about this purchase but why not now.

The figures are in good shape, even the 2010 ones. The Afro hair on some has flattened but that can be repaired.
All the bodies have "33 points of articulation" which is an indication that they have a plastic skeleton, the metal skeletons have only 28 points of articulation. They are slightly lighter than the metal ones too.
I hate the bone cracking sound of those plastic skeletons so none of the figures were posed. I guess that's why they are still in good shape, nobody will like to "play" with them, certainly not if you have metal ones. Once done with this photo session they go back in their boxes, are stored out of sunlight in a room with stable temperature and then we can only hope the silicone doesn't disintegrate in the future. Or will they look and act as old rubber bands after 20 years ?
I will remove any 'foam' protection (picture when I find one) which has a tendency to turn into sticky, oily crumbs after a while. If these stick to a body that would be a disaster.

11Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Tue May 12, 2020 4:39 pm

DarthJ

Before we begin, beware, some of the ladies were delivered without clothes, so NSFW and these days NSFH(ome).

Let's show the first ones :

TB2010-01 (pale)

Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Tb201010

TB2010-02 (peachy colour, reminds me of Humbrol flesh #61).

https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/17/17/13/41/tb201011.jpg

12Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Tue May 12, 2020 4:48 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
They seem to have held up.

13Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Tue May 12, 2020 4:57 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Interesting that they have those ankle extenders like that...

14Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Tue May 12, 2020 5:00 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Why such wide shoulders? What were they thinking?

15Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Tue May 12, 2020 5:06 pm

DarthJ

Nothing wrong with the silicone so far. Don't know what would happen if you would pose them frequently.
There are more of those early figures with ankle extenders.

Note that these 2 were sold in TBleague boxes (hence the number), not a trace of Phicen. TB stands for TigerBrother (ShenZhen) Technology Co LTD, also on the box.

16Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Fri May 15, 2020 4:53 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Have you come up for air yet, DarthJ, or did you drown in a sea of old seamless bodies? Laughing

17Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sat May 16, 2020 6:07 am

DarthJ

No, I have been pushed under by the combined admin/mod team. Notice that one of my pictures has been censor-linked away.

18Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sat May 16, 2020 6:52 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
DarthJ wrote:No, I have been pushed under by the combined admin/mod team. Notice that one of my pictures has been censor-linked away.

DarthJ -- I wouldn't take that too personally, as I'm presuming it's mainly to do with the fact that your photos were 'uncensored'. Unfortunately, the Forumotion rules are pretty strict about anything that might be considered 'adult content' -- yes, even doll nudity counts as such in this instance -- and so the mods I am presuming are just trying to make sure the forum as a whole does not get shut down due to someone unwittingly breaking Forumotion's rules. 

If you are able to edit the photos and put a blur/black spot/etc over certain areas on the figures, then I would think the images would be ok to be posted and/or re-instated.

19Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sat May 16, 2020 8:14 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DarthJ wrote:No, I have been pushed under by the combined admin/mod team. Notice that one of my pictures has been censor-linked away.

We’re not trying to “push you under”, DarthJ. We are trying to remain consistent with the rules of both the forum and the forum owners. We’ve had issues, and complaints, in the past, and therefore we have to have the same rules apply to everyone. I’m sorry you are taking it as trying to silence you, or target you, specifically — that is not the case. Ask Photogsblog, or gooboo (or check their threads), and you will see the same things have been asked of them (and others). As skywalkersaga said, this is nothing personal against you. We have all types of people, of all ages, at this site, and we don’t want anyone to feel unwelcome, or uncomfortable, about the content.

20Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sat May 16, 2020 10:59 am

DarthJ

If anything that intervention made this topic drop from its position as top priority. Replaced by a WIP to be released soon, a 3D "Colonial Mansion".

Here is a render, texturing is next.

Vintage Phicen - TbLeague House_10

21Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sat May 16, 2020 7:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting image to go with the concept of "texturing." Anyway, I second what Stryker (and Sky) wrote. Like any site, we have policies, and these are dictated both by our members and visitors and by the requirements of the hosting service. You had every opportunity (and still have it) to edit your images to conform with these policies. We have to be fair to everyone, even though we are extremely reluctant to make any editorial interventions -- and this one was the very least that could be undertaken. I am sorry if that has discouraged or upset you.

22Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sat May 16, 2020 7:56 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That looks like another interesting project, DarthJ. : ) 

I do hope you will continue with this thread at some point -- I'm sure a lot of us find the topic of these older phicen/tbleague bodies to be of interest, especially since the longevity of these silicone bodies is something that comes up quite frequently as a concern for many collectors.

23Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sun May 17, 2020 8:35 am

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Indeed it is. I got a S10D body in... 2016 or 2017, I guess... and to this day it has no tear whatsoever... and I let it in some extreme poses for a month, than changed it to another pose, barely leaving it in neutral pose. At that time I didn't know about this problem.
Now the same didn't happen with my M33 and S23 bodies that I got in 2018, as well as some figures - Skarah and Fighter Woman. The figures were basically in neutral position but got some nasty tearing in the armpit and crotch areas. The M33 got a tear on one of his knees and the S23 teared on the elbow.

24Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sun May 17, 2020 12:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
FreakinLobster wrote:Now the same didn't happen with my M33 and S23 bodies that I got in 2018, as well as some figures - Skarah and Fighter Woman. The figures were basically in neutral position but got some nasty tearing in the armpit and crotch areas. The M33 got a tear on one of his knees and the S23 teared on the elbow.

That sounds pretty bad. I haven't had the same experience with these bodies myself, so maybe it's the luck of a draw and some sort of individual or batch flaw?

25Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Empty Re: Vintage Phicen - TbLeague Sun May 17, 2020 12:52 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I also believe it's a batch flaw, just bad luck of mine. I just remembered my Painkiller Jane and Death Dealer, as well as a M34 body, also got in extreme poses for quite some time and never tore. Still I'm scared to pose my most recent purchase, Arhian. It's a crime to let these figures in neutral stance... they demand ACTION!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum