OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to the District.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome to the District.  Empty Welcome to the District. Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:14 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

This guy has been finished for quite some time now but I decided back then to postpone posting him due to what was going on I also injured my back and right hand fingers + wrist, nothing like slipping on the floor and smacking against concrete which is why I hadn't posted anything not even updates on my wip thread and only commented. But now I'm feeling better so I decided to post this guy, I would have wanted to have made some more sci-fi-ish props instead of using the old ones but I'm still recuperating and cutting stuff up is a bit difficult.  Anyway that's that so now here's a little story about this mess called The Industrial District or just the District.

The Industrial Opportunity and Reformation District of the United Corporate Nations

Industrial Opportunity and Reformation Districts or just simply  "Indistricts" are manufacture zones held by one or more of the corporate nations that have been growing since the late 50's. These zones are used as a means of punishing criminals (or anyone deemed one) by having to do all sorts of labor, usually laborers are divided based on their skill level with those with no skills relegated to menial tasks as a means of paying their debts to share holders. The amount of time spent inside such districts ranges from a year up to life depending on the severity of the crime or how much is owed. Life inside  an Indistrict can be difficult since only clothing and lodging are provided, anything else has to be bought or earned by the person. Security is extremely tight with the security forces provided only the most advanced means of protection such as bio-blocking body gloves, camera scrambling uniforms and smart weapons that can only be fired by the person they are assigned too. Still there are ample opportunities inside an indistrict, specially in the few "Free zones" that dot it.
Welcome to the District.  Ks0tNVU
Welcome to the District.  XbZ7yOi
Welcome to the District.  7CpbSy8
Welcome to the District.  EFUi1VT

Well that's that, I'm happy with this guy, I've always wanted to use the Dragon MOUT camouflage but found it difficult to use in a more conventional way. Using it as a sort of camera blocking camouflage for a dystopian corporate world seems to fit however. I'm still working on the other figures I took a bit of a break to heal up but I'm still in the hobby, I even acquired a few more modern bodies which I hope to use pretty soon. So for now, stay safe, wear proper shoes for a wet floor and have some fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Welcome to the District.  1f60e

2Welcome to the District.  Empty Re: Welcome to the District. Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you're feeling better. And I love this guy -- looks totally believable, yet imaginative, what with the bright red lenses and all. And with the troubled times we're in, indistricts don't sound like such a remote possibility...

3Welcome to the District.  Empty Re: Welcome to the District. Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool looking figure. Almost bug-like in appearance, which adds to the intimidating factor.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Welcome to the District.  C8485110

4Welcome to the District.  Empty Re: Welcome to the District. Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:23 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I like what you've done here; Modern, scary, almost dystopian. I would not want to mess with someone like this.

5Welcome to the District.  Empty Re: Welcome to the District. Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:05 am

Ovy

Ovy
Ooh, great tip about those proper shoes and wet floors! Be well, Sir.

Your faceless trooper looks beautifully diabolic, I always like to imagine there is a friendly guy underneath. He probably uses scary voice scrambling.

Fun little upgrades on that history filled Puerto Rican door, too

6Welcome to the District.  Empty Re: Welcome to the District. Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:59 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad you're feeling better. And I love this guy -- looks totally believable, yet imaginative, what with the bright red lenses and all. And with the troubled times we're in, indistricts don't sound like such a remote possibility...

Thanks Gubernator. I have no clue how the lenses turned that color but I guess it's thanks to the silver paint pen I used. I hope we don't reach indistricts any time soon but who knows, this world is crazy.

Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool looking figure. Almost bug-like in appearance, which adds to the intimidating factor.

Thanks Stryker. I went for the rounded lenses because it didn't look too human, I was originally going to use a different mask but this one seemed to fit him best.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I like what you've done here; Modern, scary, almost dystopian. I would not want to mess with someone like this.

Thanks ThePhotosBlog. I wouldn't want to see anything like this any time soon either, well I see him often since he's still on my desk.

Ovy wrote:Ooh, great tip about those proper shoes and wet floors! Be well, Sir.

Your faceless trooper looks beautifully diabolic, I always like to imagine there is a friendly guy underneath. He probably uses scary voice scrambling.

Fun little upgrades on that history filled Puerto Rican door, too

Thanks Ovy, never wear those dollar store flip flops on a tyle floor.

I wouldn't say he has a friendly face underneath, more like an early playstation one face thanks to dragon's very early head sculpts, kinda non human in a way. His voice probably sounds like the robot voice from those voice changes.

At this point I'm convinced the door exists at the same time in multiple parallel universes and at different locations, but perhaps we could go deeper into this theory.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Welcome to the District.  1f60e

7Welcome to the District.  Empty Re: Welcome to the District. Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:55 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Get well, Bomb. We need You here to admire Your fantastic work. Love him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum