OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantasy Dreams

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fantasy Dreams Empty Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:39 am

Delanie

Delanie
I was just reading the recent posts about the Elephant in the Persian Warrior thread and decided to take it out a bit.
So here goes:

If you could have and have the room for it  ( and money ) what would you like to see in 1/6th?

Simple question? Let me clarify what, in an ideal world, would like manufactures to make to go with your 1/6th figures?

Since I posted this thread I'll Start with a horse drawn cart, or gypsy caravan (on my to make list)

or

a Scale Treebeard

So let the games begin.......!!

2Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:26 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Well on my Fantasy list it would be a 1/6 scale LaFerrari or a 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 with fully detailed interior and opening doors RC car.

3Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, boy... that's such a wide topic.

Apart from the usual (more seamless -- and unseamless -- bodies of both sexes, with more variety; and more headsculpts of celebrities and non-celebrities, etc), I'd say some viable vehicle options for sixth-scale figures would be nice (to go along with Delanie and Bad Wolf's suggestions). Most are undersized. As something more specific, I'd suggest a faithful and properly sized reproduction of the Harley Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2.

I would also like to see more normal civilian clothes made from stretchier fabric so that one could use them on multiple types of bodies. Likewise, while there seems to be a considerable amount of choice when it comes to modern military figures, there is much less with anything pre-modern, so it might be nice to see more generic yet realistic/historically-accurate pieces of pre-modern clothing and equipment, which would come in handy for kitbashing historical and fantasy figures alike.

How about some more (and better) articulated animals?

And of course I wouldn't have any issue with more Original Trilogy Star Wars offerings from any high end outfit (doesn't have to be Hot Toys). Smile

4Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Easy. I don't need an elephant, I need another giant animal that can also be used for riding.

Be it from Australia, Japan, Norway or the Christmas Isles, I'd take any sort of giant crab carapaces and turn them into multi jointed giant action figures.

E: Gubernator had to delete the pictures because there were complaints about them triggering arachnophobia. Sorry for that.

Google 'Japanese Spider Crab', 'Tasmanian giant crab' 'Coconut Crab' etc. Or PM me for the links.

Btw, I had Arachnophobia as a little kid, then I was confronted with plastic Halloween spiders in wool and played with them, then the phobia disappeared, now I really adore spiders.

5Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
But Ovy, this was about what would you like the makers of sixth-scale products to produce that isn't around...

6Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:33 pm

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:But Ovy, this was about what would you like the makers of sixth-scale products to produce that isn't around...
Yep, the fantasy in this is how unlikely it is I will ever get one of these. The last one is the famous Japanese SPIDER crab, btw.

1/6 manufacturers are still free to make giant crab monsters, though. 

And I'd like see some The Expanse space suits.

And of course, they should start producing woman of colour headsculpts already.

7Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Yep, the fantasy in this is how unlikely it is I will ever get one of these. 1/6 manufacturers are still free to make giant crab monsters, though. And I'd like see some The Expanse space suits. And of course, they should start producing woman of colour headsculpts already.

I couldn't agree with you more. Anything from The Expanse would be great. And so would more diverse head sculpts, of course. I recently picked up a Gamora head, who is of course painted green, and repainted a TBLeague body to match. It was very hard to get this precise shade. The point is, they should also produce the corresponding seamless bodies. Smile Mind you, I was very tempted to repaint the head sculpt a normal color and then repaint the body to match that. But the character specificity extended to features beyond the skin tone.

8Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Well if we are talking The Expanse lets have a scale Rocinante with removeable panels to access the cabins etc. (this is the sort of thing I was getting at )

I saw a dio of Rick Hunter sitting in his v'tech Valkyrie fighter cockpit once

9Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:29 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A wider variety of historical figures and eras (like early 1600s French Musketeers).

If money were no object: 1/6 scale dinosaurs would be cool.
an African elephant & rhino, crocs and alligators

Figures from movies prior to 2000 (but not necessarily the stuff that's already been done -- I don't need to see anymore Terminators, Predators or Aliens).

Classic film actors (you know, before they all became a bunch of morons) from the 30s-60s.

For new bodies (seamless, etc.) to have different skin tones beside the same two we currently have (particularly the females). And head sculpts of some minority women that aren't necessarily based on movie characters.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fantasy Dreams C8485110

10Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:27 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Hmm, a big room with space for Dioramas. Mainly middle age town stuff, castles etc.

For figures, I would like more games characters, baybe from D&D like Elminster, Sarevok, Drizzt, big Dragons etc

On the other hand...sometimes it is a blessing we don't get everything on a plate - so we can still do cool stuff by ourselves. Like my diorama project right now or some of the really great custom figures some of you do and show on this site!

11Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:38 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Well, since dreams are the limit which have no limit, let's go all out shall we...

20-inch tall SCALY SILICONE-SKINNED DRAGON - with steel skeleton and veiny translucent wings. Give it some light-up flame-breathing mouth attachments. I'd say we're talking 40 lbs, $3,000 price range.

FOUR-ARMED Phicen bodies akin to Sheeva/Goro.

CENTAUR Phicen bodies - half-human, half-horse.

A giant Phicen/TBLeague humanoid CYCLOPS/OGRE/TROLL.

1/6 scale Mad Max-esque DOOM BUGGY.

OCTOPUS/CTHULU SEA MONSTER with bumpy tentacles. Maybe it comes with eggs that you can stuff inside it somewhere underneath or display alongside the tentacle monster.

12Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:49 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, this is such a fun thread! Love seeing what everyone dreams about having in 1/6.

I think a 4 door 57 Chevy is still my 1/6 grail.

And jumping on Gubernatorfan's post, definitely articulated animals. I want seemless 1/6 scale cats so bad. I've even considered some of those really expensive felted ones.

13Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:07 pm

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I'm 110% there with Valiarde and AlKelAstra91.
1 - Medieval castles and villages, and one big fully equipped INN for the characters' gatherings;
2 - Seamless moveable huge dragons, sharks, crocodiles and specially big felines - tigers, lions, panthers;
3 - Different shapes of TBLeague fantasy based bodies, like with 4-arms, lizard-like and feline-like (yeah, Elder's Scroll vibes...), centaurs, ogres, orcs, goblins, fairies, dark elves...
4 - Weapons and armors for all these different characters;
5 - Moveable faces so you could change their expressions.

My dream room would be a huge fantasy RPG-esque fiesta.

And if I could extend this dream and have a 2nd room, I'd go for an oldschool Tomb Raider theme, with dioramas of a cave, ruins, snowy scene, sunken ship, lost palace and all those places she'd venture around all walls of the room transitioning from one place to the other, with a few enemies in them and, of course, a bunch of Laras jumping, bouncing, rolling and shooting around with all her costumes and weapons from all the first 6 games (yes, stopping on the Angel of Darkness), along with some bikes, jeeps, snowmobiles and ATVs.

... or just a diorama from the inside training room and the outside obstacle course of the Croft Manor. Actually this is way more achievable, realistically speaking.

14Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:08 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice idea for a thread, Delanie! Though as others have noted, it's almost impossible to pick just a few things on my infinite wishlist, lol.

And Ovy -- since I have finally been watching The Expanse (on second season now!), I know what you are talking about! :'D The space suits would be so neat, along with the various types of armour used throughout. I'd love to see a lot of the cast of characters as figures as well.

My own fantasy dream 1/6 wishes.... oh man. Really, far too many things to list, but I'll try...

Star Wars-related:

- Fully detailed diorama of Padme's apartment from Revenge of the Sith
- Diorama of Padme's lakeside villa on Naboo (Varykino)
- Anakin's speeder on Tatooine in Attack of the Clones

- When it comes to my dream SW figures, well....that's pretty much all of the ones I am currently working on or have planned, lol. So I guess that doesn't count since hopefully they will be a reality soon. :')

Other items:

- a fully detailed 1/6 scale stable and/or equestrian facililty (complete with all my fave breeds of horses and suitable tack and accessories) -- to fulfill my childhood dream ;')
- A custom 1/6 scale horse by Nohuanda (probably an Andalusian ) to go with the above

- 1/6 scale depictions of characters from The Last Unicorn (including the Unicorn, the Harpy, and the Red Bull) -- for no other reason than it's my favourite story ever.

- 'mini-me' portrait replicas of my beloved wolfdogs (something I actually do hope to commission someday)

Things I wish to see from companies:

- More female historical figures that are not just armoured ladies. I want actual historical clothing. If they can make detailed historical outfits for male soldiers, then why not historical women.
- More interesting and unique horror figures
- More old hollywood figures in general, not just stuff based on current/popular celebs

- More woodland animals. Don't necessarily have to be fantasy, even just realistic forest creatures would be nice. (Though on that note, how freaking awesome would it be to have some extinct prehistoric megafauna in 1/6th scale?!! )

- As others have said, more diversity of skin colours and matching headsculpts for all figures ... this one is a given by now, I suppose, though it is frustrating that this is STILL something we have to put on a 'fantasy wishlist', sigh.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

15Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:40 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
This thread is great! I love FreakinLobsters suggestion of moveables faces or at least different heads with different expressions for each char! And more moveable eye HS for maximum poseability.

Also love the idea from skywalkersaga with the historical clothes...They are really needed. I'm ask a friend to sew me some stuff, because there is nearly nothing out there.

Fully moveable seamless animals, especially horses would be great, too.

16Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:33 pm

tflockj11

tflockj11
I would love to see some TOS Star Trek set sets, the bridge mostly. And to accompany that, of course I would need some more crew as well as some Klingons, Romulans and some other aliens. Not asking for much, I know.

To go along with my other 1/6th interests, how about an apollo command module and a lunar module?

Some US WWII fighter cockpits, I wouldn't need the whole plane!

Fun thread.

17Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Oh! I'd love the lunar lander to go with the Astronaut figures I just wish I could afford those 3 now as all of the Astro/cosmonauts and well other nationalities too are my hero's. I even had the privilege of meeting and speaking with Jim Lovell once at a nasa gala I always wanted to be a 'spacewoman' !!

Please more History clothes too for both male and female figures civilian and military

Surgeons, real nurses, and generic realistic h/s

Oh can I have Brunel, Nelson, Cook, Wellington Shakespeare Curie (all hero's of mine)

18Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some figures based on characters from classic literature would be cool — as long as they don’t use actor likenesses for them; they could base them more off the original illustrations that used to be in many old books.

Fantasy Dreams C8485110

19Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:37 am

blackpool

blackpool
So many awesome fantasies and ideas already here!!!!

Personally I'd love to have a few 1/6 cars, like a lincoln, a police car, why not breaking bad's RV even!

Otherwise don't ask me why but I've always dreamed about having a train or plane section, as big as possible of course Smile

20Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:54 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:So many awesome fantasies and ideas already here!!!!

Personally I'd love to have a few 1/6 cars, like a lincoln, a police car, why not breaking bad's RV even!

Otherwise don't ask me why but I've always dreamed about having a train or plane section, as big as possible of course Smile

You’d need to rent an actual hanger for all those 1/6 airplanes. Very Happy

Fantasy Dreams C8485110

21Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:15 am

Ovy

Ovy
@Delanie: hah, ye the Rocinante would be nice, or any giant space ships. Firefly/Serenity.

I like tflockj's idea of cockpits. I would like a Soyuz Capsule. There are people who make scale Space stations and modules of rockets, 1/7 I saw once.

@skywalkersaga: Good for you about watching the Expanse! Saw a Miller head on eBay once. 

And I'd like seamless stags and boars and wolves too.

And Magical nano micro device super adapter that makes every head/hand/foot or shoe compatible to every body, for no apparent reason...

22Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:21 am

blackpool

blackpool
@stryker2011 Miss Delanie said "fantasy" Laughing

Tho I could definitely fantasy a complete 1/6 airport lmao

23Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Delanie

Delanie
I'd like to make the horned God from the wild hunt using a male body and one of those stags head human/animal hybrid figures you see sometimes but I've never seen a loose head I think Stryker once said they were that expensive no one ever parts them out.

I have the partworks millenium falcon which i never completed in 1/48 and that was huge (808mm long, 596mm wide, 192mm high and it weighs 24 pounds.) funny they give the weight in pounds

24Fantasy Dreams Empty Re: Fantasy Dreams Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:42 pm

MerylAkiba

I would like full set or all plastic bodies of non-military sci-fi armor and full alien bodies, but a more futuristic slick look with light up functions. I'm not really into shoobi-doobi-do, 23 skid-do, styles from the cosmic future of 1922-1943.

Space Man with Glass Helmet using 1940s mid-atlantic accent: " That monster and his henchmen are really bad eggs! I say stickem up, stop right their, you green mustachioed Ne'er-do-well! Take a blast from this Zap Gun while I rescue this leggy Space Queen Maiden here in my quest for Moon Cheese."

Fantasy Dreams 5cb454b374efd9d42920f67d5f0f8afb

Fantasy Dreams 630755e0cbcd5410fb69d47198a102c8
Fantasy Dreams C88fd8d4af8e9fdfec5f43fc2493dcb0

Fantasy Dreams Ivan-d10

Fantasy Dreams Spacelords-aneska-generacion-xbox

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum