OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantasy creatures you would like to see?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Empty Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:59 pm

Delanie

Delanie
I know this is similar to a previous post of mine but i'm thinking more of the comments posted in the Dwarf thread and heck it's almost Christmas, time for wishes and dreams, and I think we need something to cheer us up after this year!!

please post pictures to illustrate your Races of Demi humans / Humanoids

I love my Gandalf, Gimli Aragorn figures but they have a major problem if you want to set up a picture or scene with other figures, in that they are recognisably LotR figures the same with the Orcs that were produced. A similar thing applies to the Harry Potter characters and creatures.

So let me say up front I'm hooked on 'The Wandering Inn' web serial by Pirateaba.

and as such I would love to see figures of a Gnoll, Drake, and Goblin (No Killing Goblins here!)

To be honest I'd love any unusual non human or humanoid race of figure as long as it is generic.

So what would you folks like to see, Merfolk together with a Hippocampus perhaps?

shazzdan

shazzdan
I'd like to see more classical Greek ones: Gorgon, Cyclops, Centaur, Siren, Dryad, Satyr, etc.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
All the ideas expressed so far are interesting!

This is perhaps an odd one, but I'd love to see some 'generic' animal heads that were scaled and shaped to fit onto 1/6 scale bodies (both tbleague and others). Even blank resin one that you had to paint and add fur to yourself would be really neat. I can think of so many things I could create with those.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'd love to see a realistic (i.e., non-Disney) mermaid, preferably seamless. That is in addition to the various suggestions above. I'd also say a Minotaur, though I've made one of those myself. Since I had to sculpt that head, I'd also second Sky's suggestion.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh man! So many wants under this category. Many of the above mentioned I would love to see.

My top wants:

Of course a Mermaid (seamless); I've bought a couple bodies quite some time ago to try to make my own, but still haven't figured out how to do it:

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern44
Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern45

A Minotaur:

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? B4240910

A Faun:

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern46

A Satyr:

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern47

A Gorgon:

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern48

A troll:

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern49

Anubis (better than the one from TBL):

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern50

Bastet:

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern51

A Lion Man:

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Extern52

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? C8485110

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
a faun/saytr would be really neat, especially one with some TES style gear and weapons.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Love the images, Stryker!

I also concur with a lot of these! Especially the Gorgon (would love a Medusa!) and the Faun/Satyr. Mainly because it would be great to have a goat-like seamless body to use as a base for a Baphomet-type figure which I'd love to incorporate into some horror scenes.

blackpool

blackpool
All very good suggestions, Mythological creatures would be veeeery cool!

I'd also love to see some movie classics monsters like "universal monsters", the wolfman, nosferatu, frankenstein, the swamp thing... And in a more recent genre, the ultra gore creature from "the thing", critters, gremlins...

Valiarde

Valiarde
Some great ideas already in this thread. Satyr, Faun, Dryad, Minotaur are great options (Faun could probably be made out of Elven character parts out there)

I would like some classics like generic Orcs and Goblins (not LotR ones) like Warhammer, MtG style etc

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? 7c94731de25a06f507456a600a5f447f

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? 599-5999417_d-d-half-orc-pirate-hd-png-download

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Mogg-flunkies-1014-med

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? 1542196667_cerberus

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
A minotaur and a troll would be amazing to see, but I would not be able to get them for lack of space.

Now what I would love to have are the three Gorgon sisters. Following this type of body, a higly stylized mermaid would also be tempting, like the second photo Stryker posted. Fairies would be nice with the 1/12th TBL bodies.

Also, I would definitely get a faun, a centaur and a satyr (the later would have to come with the... um... anatomical parts).

Back in my adolescence, I made a small comic telling a story centered around a satyr and a centaur in a costume party. The centaur was wearing a silly horse mask and the satyr was a naughty Rudolph reindeer. It was hilarious and nonsensical, just what you'd expect from a teenage lad... but unfortunately I lost this and other comics I made. Dang, nostalgia kicked so hard right now. I would love to recreate these characters and a bit of the goofy scenes from that "party".

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Tieflings! I’m working on turning my D&D character Veska into a figure, but the body I bought for her is a little smaller than I expected so it’s back to square one for now. XD

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? 9754ce10

Also, WEREWOLVES!! At some point I reeeeally want to do some heavy body mods and make one of my own but I’d love to see more figures with digitigrade legs in general tbh.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice one, Lynkhart! I'm all for more creatures with horns, lol!

And yesss, werewolves are a must. That's sort of where I was going with the 'animal heads' idea, but you're right that it would be even better with a more werewolf-y body to match. I've seen some pretty awesome art dolls that capture the aesthetic I'm thinking of, but of course many of those are wayyyy out of my price range. ;p

blackpool

blackpool
Werewolves are my dream figure, if well done of course...
I mean mainly with fur like a chewbacca figure, on such a fully furry figure, I would be disappointed with sculpted hair only... After that of course I'd prefer a real scary one with dog like legs and clawed paws, but I wouldn't deny a classic wolfman from the 40's either lol

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? The-many-looks-of-the-wolfman-20100211012406650-000

Fantasy creatures you would like to see? Universal-is-developing-a-new-wolfman-movie-with-ryan-gosling

(btw as I was looking for these pictures on the web, it's apparently supposed that Universal will remake the original "Wolf Man" with Ryan Gosling)

EDIT
I'm actually surprised that we're talking fantasy creatures, and nobody did ask for a dragon...?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A dragon? That would be sweet, though I imagine so cost- and possibly space-prohibitive, that most of us didn't dare think of it. Come to think of it, are there any renditions of (maybe) a Chinese new-year-type  dragon that are detailed enough and large (and small) enough to work for sixth scale?

Delanie

Delanie
GF I was thinking of trying to make a dragon if I ever got around to buying a 3d printer it would have to be made in bits and assembled a 30' dragon probably the smallest rideable would work out as a cool 5' in scale

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:GF I was thinking of trying to make a dragon if I ever got around to buying a 3d printer it would have to be made in bits and assembled

That would be awesome. Please share it if you get around to doing it. Would it be articulated (although even a statue would probably work for many scenes)? I was thinking, if someone could figure out the armature design, maybe a cloth body could be sown together and stuffed with cotton or something, and the surface could be covered in slightly flexible scales (something like those paste-on acrylic nails maybe?) but how to attach those successfully, I haven't quite figured out).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
Delanie wrote:GF I was thinking of trying to make a dragon if I ever got around to buying a 3d printer it would have to be made in bits and assembled

That would be awesome. Please share it if you get around to doing it. Would it be articulated (although even a statue would probably work for many scenes)? I was thinking, if someone could figure out the armature design, maybe a cloth body could be sown together and stuffed with cotton or something, and the surface could be covered in slightly flexible scales (something like those paste-on acrylic nails maybe?) but how to attach those successfully, I haven't quite figured out).

I have seen people make fully poseable dragon art dolls -- usually have some kind of armature with a 'stuffed' body around it, a head and claws sculpted out polymer clay (with glass eyes), and then with scales/fur/feathers/etc covering the body.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh man! A furry Werewolf would be an absolute must (especially if it looked like one of the ones from The Howling, Dog Soldiers or Van Helsing).

it's my understanding that Trick'R'Treat Studios is in the planning stages to make 1/6 scale figures of the Universal Monsters (minus the Creature from the Black Lagoon) -- but who know IF and/or WHEN that will happen. I first heard about that well over a year ago.

As far as a dragon -- think of the size! Over at the Freaks Slikkerias (a professional painter) has made some amazing creatures using his 3D printer (including a completely accurate and to scale Rancor -- supposedly, according to his measurements, the Sideshow version is actually 1/7 -- a Bantha, a blurrg (seen in the Mandalorian series), and a Ronto. Due to the size, they had to be printed in sections, and then all the seams filled in with putty once assembled. So... bear that in mind, that in order to do it may require some serious modeling skills (both 3D and in real life).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, at least Delanie and I were thinking along the lines of the possible. These sound like awesome projects.

Delanie

Delanie
Ah GF a man after my own heart. That was my own thought re the scales etc. What I was thinking was I have a 3d model I own from my 3d art days which is jointed so I was thinking of using that as a base

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Delanie wrote:Ah GF a man after my own heart. That was my own thought re the scales etc. What I was thinking was I have a 3d model I own from my 3d art days which is jointed so I was thinking of using that as a base

That’s a good idea. Good luck with that. I’m sure we’d all be excited to see what you can come up with.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Likewise! Articulated 3D model? That's more than half the battle already.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
If you’ve got the money you can buy some incredibly well articulated dragons if you know where to look!

https://cuartosdolls.diary.ru/p191055293.htm?oam

Satyr anyone?

https://store.evethecat.com/product/satyr-357-demons-line/

Eve Studios does do a stylised baby dragon but their cats are to die for - definitely a holy grail for me!

https://store.evethecat.com/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those are really something, Christine, thanks for sharing!

henchman21

henchman21
I would love to see just about anything from the works of Brian and Wendy Froud

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum