OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dream Chamber

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Dream Chamber Empty The Dream Chamber Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:10 am

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I've built a new set using a combination of further modified props from other shoots, along with some new items I acquired from Hobby Lobby (the chamber/case/lantern and the cans). Characters' clothes have also been further modded/changed. So here it is!

(Gheizt found himself imprisoned in some sort of chamber that caused him to phase in and out of a dream state, as well as inducing hallucinations and twisting his overall sense of reality. He did not know how he got here or how much time had passed, only that he could vaguely sense the presence of someone growing closer - hopefully to rescue him from this nightmarish prison.)

The Dream Chamber Lumii_70
The Dream Chamber Lumii_71
The Dream Chamber Lumii_72
The Dream Chamber Lumii_73
The Dream Chamber Lumii_74
The Dream Chamber Lumii_75
The Dream Chamber Lumii_76
The Dream Chamber Lumii_77
The Dream Chamber Lumii_78The Dream Chamber Lumii_79
The Dream Chamber Lumii_80
The Dream Chamber Lumii_81
The Dream Chamber Lumii_82
The Dream Chamber Lumii_83
The Dream Chamber Lumii_84
The Dream Chamber Lumii_85
The Dream Chamber Lumii_86
The Dream Chamber Lumii_87
The Dream Chamber Lumii_88

2The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:53 am

GregT

seriously cool! great set and props,
great figures and storyline

3The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the new environment very much. And nice work on the characters too, as always. For a moment I thought it was going to be a dark twist, with his savior turning out to lure him into a false sense of security, but she seems pretty earnest so far... Smile

4The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:30 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nicely done. I like the smoke effect when she lets him out, and placing his hat on his head. Great environment, and nice use of the Hobby Lobby stuff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Dream Chamber C8485110

5The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Wow nice lantern chamber, somehow reminds me of one of those tanks used to drown chained magicians.  Like in the Prestige or something? The one with Nikola Tesla.

I also like the scene where she places his iconic hat to hide the slick new synthetic hair.

What's Hobby Lobby btw,  a dollar store with Chinese quality products?

6The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:What's Hobby Lobby btw,  a dollar store with Chinese quality products?

It's a hobby and decor store like Michaels, but I like the selection better and always found it a bit more useful. Unfortunately I now live very far away from the nearest one. There are all sorts of goods, not just Chinese.

7The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:38 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Really cool set there! Kudos!

8The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:46 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a very nice looking set, a good ending too which is nice. That chamber he was in looks very interesting.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Dream Chamber 1f60e

9The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed very cool looking set!

10The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:56 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Thank you again everyone, I knew this slightly more elegant diorama would please a handful of people. The slick new hair is actually attached to a new Asian headsculpt (maybe it's hard to see with the goggles) and wasn't sure I wanted to rough it up yet; Asians typically have very shiny and straight dark hair. Gheizt isn't naturally Asian but his face changes a lot and he's basically a shape-shifter at this point.

On another note this may be the last we see of this set for now. I was recently dumped by my girlfriend and had to move far away, and simply did not have enough room to bring it along with me. In a way this was a figure-based documentation about our breakup. This may very well be my last post for quite some time until I am able to get more important real-world things in order.

11The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am sorry for your troubles. Hang in there. And heal -- while it is not a bare necessity, the hobby should help. And don't be a stranger, whether you have something to show off or not.

12The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:31 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Indeed. Breakups suck, and are very hard. As the Guv said, don’t be a stranger.

13The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:12 am

MerylAkiba

I hope you're okay and please continue to write your stories.

14The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:32 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh no, I'm so sorry Alkel. *hugs to you* As others have said, please know your input is always welcome here, and don't feel obligated to have pictures or a story to share. I completely understand how much RL troubles can affect one's ability to concentrate on things, even on hobbies that should bring us joy. Hope you will stick around, all the same. <3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

15The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:57 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic as ever, Akel. I hope You are fine. I love all the details and Your very unique Style here. It´s a little bit of steam punk inside, don´t stop to create Your own world

16The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:18 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Thanks to the community for all the support in my online personal work as well as real-life issues. The world is a crazy place during these times, I fully acknowledge that, but considering I was literally thinking about walking into traffic to end my pain just a few weeks ago, I am ready to fully admit to my personal flaws in this situation. For a long while I have struggled with manic depression and turned to alcohol to try and calm it, but it only made things worse in the end, due to underlying high blood pressure which is hereditary. Addiction to nicotine is a whole other thing which has made withdrawals that much more difficult; basically I am a mess, and trying to find help through Medicaid support at this point. Despite the wrongs I attempted to right, I pretty much caused gradual emotional damage to the one I cared most about, someone who was the best part of me. I am by no means a violent person; we were both sensitive human beings in our own way, but during our personal struggles I lashed out verbally and it eventually reached a breaking point. I would pretty much give up everything for a time machine at this point, as I fully recognize my mistakes and would do literally anything to go back and control my feelings before they got out of hand. But the realist in me knows that it is iimpossible at this point and I have to face the consequences of my actions.

17The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:08 am

Diana

Diana
AlKelAstra91 wrote:Thanks to the community for all the support in my online personal work as well as real-life issues. The world is a crazy place during these times, I fully acknowledge that, but considering I was literally thinking about walking into traffic to end my pain just a few weeks ago, I am ready to fully admit to my personal flaws in this situation. For a long while I have struggled with manic depression and turned to alcohol to try and calm it, but it only made things worse in the end, due to underlying high blood pressure which is hereditary. Addiction to nicotine is a whole other thing which has made withdrawals that much more difficult; basically I am a mess, and trying to find help through Medicaid support at this point. Despite the wrongs I attempted to right,  I pretty much caused gradual emotional damage to the one I cared most about, someone who was the best part of me. I am by no means a violent person; we were both sensitive human beings in our own way, but during our personal struggles I lashed out verbally and it eventually reached a breaking point. I would pretty much give up everything for a time machine at this point, as I fully recognize my mistakes and would do literally anything to go back and control my feelings before they got out of hand. But the realist in me knows that it is iimpossible at this point and I have to face the consequences of my actions.
I hear ya. Don't look at the past or at the things - or people - no longer in your life. It helped you get to where you are now, which - going by your own descriptions - seems to be a step further towards getting yourself where/who you want to be. No regrets. Focus on the present moment and how to make that the best it can be. Step by step. The future is shaped in the present moment. And regarding substance/habit abuse I can strongly recommend Iboga microdosing, which I believe is legal in many countries. Or find yourself an Ayahuasca retreat (somewhere where it is legal of course) and work through your s**t there. You might be in just the right mental stage for it (aware there is work to do and willing to do it).

All the best, stick around (with or without your beautiful sets). Wink

18The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Losing the one you care about can indeed feel unbearable, I have been there. Ten years ago I wanted to end it all for that reason as well. But despite the current craziness of the world, I'm so very glad I stuck around. If I hadn't, I would have missed out on what eventually became the best part of my life. I really hope you will give yourself a chance, you have so much talent and creativity, and a lot to give. I've never been through substance addiction, but hope you can receive some help with that. I am rooting for you. * hugs again *

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

19The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:57 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Admitting you have a problem is a great first step. Support groups can be very helpful. Hang in there, Brother.

20The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:51 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Dealing with such a situation, with such emotions, and facing them and your actions takes wisdom and courage, which you exhibit in sharing this with us. And it looks like you have already taken the first steps to getting yourself back on the right path. Hang in there and heal.

21The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:55 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Life can be not so funny. I think i´m much older than You, Akel. I traveled all around the world by working for Engine plants. All the Brands You know. I have to stay there for Years. 2 Years Mexico, 4 Years USA, 2 Years Italy, 1 Year Iran, 1 Year India..... and so on. I worked 10- 12 Hours a day, 70- 80 a Week. I earn much money, pay much taxes in Germany Laughing
I get the first Stroke 4 Years ago. I´m lost the light of an Eye. Learn to walk again, get the secound stroke. After that one i can´t do my Job anymore. In Germany You have to pay the the half of the money You earn for Insurances. That Insurances has own " Doctors ". That Guys tell me i´m fine. The strokes are just in my mind. They made MRT Pictures of my Head in the Hospitals when i´ve had the strokes. So the strokes was real. The German Insurances pay not only one cent to me. God bless Germany. This is the health system here so many nations want to have.

I´m happy. I´m still alive. Strokes did not kill me. I can walk, need no wheel chair. I can see with one of my eyes. All the time in my life i wan´t to know what is it i´m good in ? I´m good in taking strokes. I´m watching in TV what the german gouvernment did with all the money Guys like me give to them with our taxes.... and im smiling

22The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:53 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I don’t know any of you well, and have only been part of this community in any way since May of this year. That being said, all the troubles that have been mentioned in this thread...hang in there everyone and I am definitely praying!

23The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I had no idea of your troubles, Ephiane. That is most unfair. But I'm glad you have bounced back and have kept your positive outlook, creativity, and sense of humor. Hang in there.

24The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:32 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s exactly what i like to say to Akel and to all of You Friends here.

O.K. Life is hitting You hard in the face. Stand up, clench Your fists and ready for Round 2.
There will be many Rounds in the life of all of us we will lose... but maybe the next round we will win.

25The Dream Chamber Empty Re: The Dream Chamber Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:55 pm

doodlehobby

Ephiane wrote:That´s exactly what i like to say to Akel and to all of You Friends here.

O.K. Life is hitting You hard in the face. Stand up, clench Your fists and ready for Round 2.
There will be many Rounds in the life of all of us we will lose... but maybe the next round we will win.

Agreed. Life will always hit us when you least expect it. The next step would be to have the courage, strength and hope to get back up to take the next blow. Yeah, that sounds so simple, and yet the most hardest and difficult thing to do. Too many countless lost because they don't want to get back up, they don't want to take the next blow that comes by.

@AlKelAstra91 if there's anything I want add is, I'm sure your diorama will inspire some present/future artist or hobbyist to explore further the imaginations of the mind. That is the most beautiful thing about sharing one's work. You might inspire another generation of people to take up the hobby or make a career out of it. Now that thought alone should bring a smile to anyone's face. Smile

As it's already been said earlier, you took the first big important step, now take the next step and the next. You just ended one chapter in your life. It's time to start a new chapter. I'm sure I speak for all of us here, we are definitely rooting for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum