OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

White Widow Custom by AFM

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1White Widow Custom by AFM Empty White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:52 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Here's what can be done with the Barbie Black Widow (White Version) set for $50.00. She has a new body and head sculpt, & Boots. The rest is from the Barbie set. Jump Suit, Harness, & Belt with holsters. Please enjoy the pictures.

White Widow Custom by AFM 50409541327_d673687957_bDSC09785 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

White Widow Custom by AFM 50408683623_fc8bb78479_bDSC09784 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

White Widow Custom by AFM 50409387486_e10641b936_bDSC09783 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

White Widow Custom by AFM 50409541382_7f98d0f672_bDSC09782 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

White Widow Custom by AFM 50409541422_d90012dac7_bDSC09781 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

White Widow Custom by AFM 50408683728_d90012dac7_bDSC09780 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

2White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:02 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That looks really good for Barbie stuff. The upgrades help, of course.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

White Widow Custom by AFM C8485110

3White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:44 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
interesting idea. Thanks for posting.

4White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:23 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks cool, the shoulder pads makes her look buff but otherwise a great looking widow.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! White Widow Custom by AFM 1f60e

5White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:18 pm

GregT

very cool, the rubbery (?) black belt looks good, fits well.
a good idea turned into a great figure!

6White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:22 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Cool, really like these pada. As boo Said, buffing the character up and giving a totally new mood to it.

7White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:07 am

rui

That looks amazing.

I'm curious, what body did you use? I just received my Black Widow Barbie order and I've been looking at the Phicen figures for a kitbash. However, there's just so many of them I don't know which would fit best.

8White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:32 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:That looks really good for Barbie stuff. The upgrades help, of course.
Thanks and it's cheaper than buying the whole HT one. I like to give good options.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:interesting idea. Thanks for posting.
My pleasure.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Looks cool, the shoulder pads makes her look buff but otherwise a great looking widow.
Thanks so much.

Ovy wrote:Cool, really like these pada. As boo Said, buffing the character up and giving a totally new mood to it.
Thanks my friend.

rui wrote:That looks amazing.

I'm curious, what body did you use? I just received my Black Widow Barbie order and I've been looking at the Phicen figures for a kitbash. However, there's just so many of them I don't know which would fit best.

Actually I think going the non phicen route works better because the uniforms on barbies are just smaller. I used the body that came with the Blade girl ( Not Phicen) on all my Barbie Black Widow bashes. I'm waiting on a head for me Black Barbie BW. I'll post pick of what I have together if you would like to see them so far. Let me know.

9White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 am

rui

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Actually I think going the non phicen route works better because the uniforms on barbies are just smaller. I used the body that came with the Blade girl ( Not Phicen) on all my Barbie Black Widow bashes. I'm waiting on a head for me Black Barbie BW. I'll post pick of what I have together if you would like to see them so far. Let me know.
That would be cool. Thanks!

10White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:56 am

doodlehobby

For Barbie refits, the 24/25 bodies should work for the most part. However it also depends on the body type and materials Mattel uses. The 26/27 bodies are a little too small, but again, varies dependent on the body and materials it was designed with.

You definitely want to stay away from the standard size Phicen/TBL bodies as those will require stretching the fabric to its limits or loosen seams to fit.

11White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:31 pm

rui

doodlehobby wrote:For Barbie refits, the 24/25 bodies should work for the most part. However it also depends on the body type and materials Mattel uses. The 26/27 bodies are a little too small, but again, varies dependent on the body and materials it was designed with.

You definitely want to stay away from the standard size Phicen/TBL bodies as those will require stretching the fabric to its limits or loosen seams to fit.
Thanks for the tip!

I wonder what body Hot Toys uses for their figures. My Avengers 1 Black Widow is shorter than Black Widow Barbie.

Note: Both are wearing ~0.5 inch heels.

White Widow Custom by AFM RxqUJb_5f-9YnGkCHEzkuh_cDwKQ7zhiEjSsIW0pY4DfjEuKS1pxVocT0OkuRwHLqo__sHrm4wE_xaQzHQ_RiiDu5gLv9pmxm8rolB-AHCI0Gm9W3zTNxTx8D70C3nn1pc3zhtj2IA=w2400

12White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hot Toys has its own female bodies, somewhere I have one of the old ones that were sold loose. The Leia and Gamora bodies are very closely comparable in stature and built to the TBLeague S24A-S25B bodies, if you are looking to make a swap -- but I don't know if these are necessarily the same stature as the bodies they use for Black Widow (or indeed whether they always used the same body for their several Black Widow figures).
In general, if you are looking into these TBLeague (formerly Phicen) bodies, see our TBLeague catalog thread here: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

13White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:36 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
rui wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Actually I think going the non phicen route works better because the uniforms on barbies are just smaller. I used the body that came with the Blade girl ( Not Phicen) on all my Barbie Black Widow bashes. I'm waiting on a head for me Black Barbie BW. I'll post pick of what I have together if you would like to see them so far. Let me know.
That would be cool. Thanks!

Here you buddy.

White Widow Custom by AFM 50442430457_07a94e69ff_bDSC09791 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

White Widow Custom by AFM 50441557363_144607dd80_bDSC09792 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

14White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:21 pm

rui

Thanks! Cool paint job on the belt.

I’m thinking I might use tiny zippers and attach them with fabric glue or something to my Barbie’s suit.

Curious, how did you get the little backpack off? I’ve been squeezing the head but couldn’t pull the pack through. Did you have to take off Barbie’s head?

GubernatorFan wrote:Hot Toys has its own female bodies, somewhere I have one of the old ones that were sold loose. The Leia and Gamora bodies are very closely comparable in stature and built to the TBLeague S24A-S25B bodies, if you are looking to make a swap -- but I don't know if these are necessarily the same stature as the bodies they use for Black Widow (or indeed whether they always used the same body for their several Black Widow figures).
In general, if you are looking into these TBLeague (formerly Phicen) bodies, see our TBLeague catalog thread here: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually
Yeah, that thread was what brought me here (via Google search). Very helpful resource and thank you so much for maintaining it.

I just placed an order for the S25B and a ScarJo head sculpt with Civil War hair.

Plan on getting these HS as well. They’re still on preorder right now so I’m waiting until they’re available via US dealers.
White Widow Custom by AFM S-l1600

15White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:19 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
rui" the Barbie back pack has two pegs under the arm pits. Just lift it off from the pegs and off it comes. Really easy. Same with the belt. The guns though are not removable. SAD. I replace the belt with the Hot Toys BW belt and just slid it up the body.

16White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rui wrote:Yeah, that thread was what brought me here (via Google search). Very helpful resource and thank you so much for maintaining it. I just placed an order for the S25B and a ScarJo head sculpt with Civil War hair.

Great, I'm glad to hear it is useful! Just remember that Hot Toys female heads in particular tend to require some adjustment to the inside neck connector (or simply removing it) to work well with other bodies. So have your pliers and Dremel ready and proceed with caution. It is not exactly/exclusively on this, but the head conversion tutorial should give you some ideas about simple solutions to attaching the head if you have dispensed with the inside neck connector:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

17White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:09 pm

rui

actionfiguremovies2 wrote:rui" the Barbie back pack has two pegs under the arm pits. Just lift it off from the pegs and off it comes. Really easy.  Same with the belt. The guns though are not removable. SAD. I replace the belt with the Hot Toys BW belt and just slid it up the body.
Yep, I saw the pegs. The head and the huge hair are getting in the way, though. I can't fit her head inside the hole. Did you remove Barbie's head by any chance?

White Widow Custom by AFM MyIZeP8HSxGCGYmqkA6dpEtUrLXr-b_v4uUULP--AchWpg5jmFvUpjMGyJ-Kb3qRMAMwHovuwast_D1a6eWhZsqsbxKZUUY7_QjwbfM8hLhqfq9pVnRfRBvKT1288ia-6-DV62do1Q=w2400

18White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:29 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
rui wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:rui" the Barbie back pack has two pegs under the arm pits. Just lift it off from the pegs and off it comes. Really easy.  Same with the belt. The guns though are not removable. SAD. I replace the belt with the Hot Toys BW belt and just slid it up the body.
Yep, I saw the pegs. The head and the huge hair are getting in the way, though. I can't fit her head inside the hole. Did you remove Barbie's head by any chance?

White Widow Custom by AFM MyIZeP8HSxGCGYmqkA6dpEtUrLXr-b_v4uUULP--AchWpg5jmFvUpjMGyJ-Kb3qRMAMwHovuwast_D1a6eWhZsqsbxKZUUY7_QjwbfM8hLhqfq9pVnRfRBvKT1288ia-6-DV62do1Q=w2400

Yes, I pulled it off easily. It will go back on just ae easily too.

19White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:19 pm

doodlehobby

If they are using their action bodies, the head should be on a ball joint. But if you fear damaging the HS, simply blow dry with some heat to soften the plastic. But aim towards the base of the joint and avoid the hair (you could also wrap in a towel to prevent damaging the hair with the heat treatment).

I know their more static bodies have to be extra careful as they are not ball jointed and have side pegs that can rip the HS if you don't apply heat first and carefully remove. But that shouldn't be the case here.

20White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:23 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
doodlehobby wrote:If they are using their action bodies, the head should be on a ball joint. But if you fear damaging the HS, simply blow dry with some heat to soften the plastic. But aim towards the base of the joint and avoid the hair (you could also wrap in a towel to prevent damaging the hair with the heat treatment).

I know their more static bodies have to be extra careful as they are not ball jointed and have side pegs that can rip the HS if you don't apply heat first and carefully remove. But that shouldn't be the case here.

This body doesn't have a ball joint. It's the white plastic pork like thing. The head pulls off and goes right back on with ease.

21White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:32 pm

doodlehobby

actionfiguremovies2 wrote: This body doesn't have a ball joint. It's the white plastic pork like thing. The head pulls off and goes right back on with ease.
OK. Thanks. I haven't collected Barbie action dolls in awhile. Good to know. Smile

22White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:27 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
doodlehobby wrote:
actionfiguremovies2 wrote: This body doesn't have a ball joint. It's the white plastic pork like thing. The head pulls off and goes right back on with ease.
OK. Thanks. I haven't collected Barbie action dolls in awhile. Good to know. Smile

My pleasure. I wish they would have used the action bodies. I probably wouldn't have felt the seenneed to swap the body. The body they used is only held by a rubber strap in the hip area. Seem way too loose for my taste.

23White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:35 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Here are the latest updates. I might still change the dark head out. but I'm thinking she will be Agent May

White Widow Custom by AFM 50481483506_1fdd3f2739_bDSC09799 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

White Widow Custom by AFM 50480767753_4322fa0711_bDSC09800 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

White Widow Custom by AFM 50481629527_0e81679774_bDSC09801 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

24White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:26 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like her. I think the head works good with the outfit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

White Widow Custom by AFM C8485110

25White Widow Custom by AFM Empty Re: White Widow Custom by AFM Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:34 pm

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:I like her. I think the head works good with the outfit.

Thanks so much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum