OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:54 am

doodlehobby

Alright, here's the body swap over onto a S25B. Nice to know it fits well, though be warned that you do need to ditch the boots as they are solid non-removable ball pegs inside. So it's incompatible with any Phicen/TBL SS body. Although if you have the much older plastic armature one, it'll be fine. Another issue with my copy is when removing the boots. Well the figure's lower leg under the knee came right off and tore the stocking as I started to remove the boot from the ankles. Need to re-stitch the seam and it should be fine. At least I had a pair of spare stockings.

Head sculpt is nice, though after making the body swap... I don't know, she looks much younger like a teenager/young adult. Maybe it's just me. LOL
Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50415010122_378d3384c6_bKatyusha HS Front by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50414160928_b352f407eb_bKatyusha HS Side Angle 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50414849861_cd07f2ecf6_bKatyusha HS Side Angle 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Full figure replaced with ankle boots. I'm still debating on the boots though and have some laced high heel ankle boots too that I might try later on her. Unfortunately you lose quite a bit of wrist articulation going to the smaller S25B body. You also need to make the wrist pegs larger (like the head ball joint) to fit the hands.
Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50415010022_d4732e2d57_bKatyusha Front by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50415010057_6c6c09ab3d_bKatyusha Back by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50415010002_922eaa7ea6_bKatyusha Side 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50414849791_83055d6a6d_bKatyusha Side 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

And some comparison shots. Does she look diminutive and small or what? I mean the size difference is just staggering. LOL
Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50415010177_c7b7f12bb0_bKatyusha and Villa Agent 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50415010147_2dbd9d3149_bKatyusha and Villa Agent 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50414850386_c564f0a33b_bKatyusha and COO Hades by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

And a robot...
Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50415010712_9243a21581_bKatyusha and SOC GoLion 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Her pets...
Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50415010297_d320f4e0c8_bKatyusha and SOC GoLion 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

And finally, I found this extremely interesting. The size of the S25B figure is actually very common in 1/6. I didn't think about it until I started comparing the Flagset, Very Cool, COO Model, Phicen v4 Plastic Armature and VTS Toys bodies. Well, what do you know, they are all the same size. Really, the only difference is the ankle extensions added to the legs giving it the added height to match the standard Phicen/TBL SS body. This is probably why it's so easy to find and match clothes for this size body.

Here's some old shots I dug out and you can actually see it now... If you pay attention to the length of the arms, torso, etc. (and remove the ankle extenders). You can clearly see how much smaller it is compared to a the current standard Phicen/TBL body. Ok, maybe some of you were already aware of it. I just never really thought about or realized it until now. Smile
Click to view uncensored potentially offensive image:
, on Flickr

Click to view uncensored potentially offensive image:
, on Flickr

2Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:36 am

csyeung

csyeung
Very nice! I think she looks much more proportionate with the body swap. I'm thinking of changing the boots but am afraid I may break it heh.

3Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
With the body swap and the the head sculpt, she does look more like a teenager. Strange that the final production paint apps are so much different than the prototype.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B C8485110

4Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:54 pm

doodlehobby

csyeung wrote:Very nice! I think she looks much more proportionate with the body swap. I'm thinking of changing the boots but am afraid I may break it heh.
Thanks. Yeah, her hands were small for starters. They were exactly the same size as the S25B hands. Then she had the long legs with big high heeled feet. But now looks much better, though much more younger in years.

Boots are ok if you slowly wiggle it off the joint. The only issue I suffered was ripping the seam of the stocking due to the faulty leg coming apart from the knee.

Stryker2011 wrote:With the body swap and the the head sculpt, she does look more like a teenager. Strange that the final production paint apps are so much different than the prototype.
Or more lack of paint apps. In the proto, you see much more shading around the eyes and cheeks. Giving them a more sunken and mature look.

Hmmm... Just noticed I didn't slap her hat on. Lol

Guess I'll post some pics of that on a later date. Smile

5Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice (and brave/costly) body swap, doodlehobby. I think it is a success. Yes, she does end up looking short next to some of the glamazons out there, but some variety, not to mention a measure of realism/averageness, is welcome, at least in my book. And yes, S24A-S25B does actually correspond closely to a number of female sixth-scale bodies by other companies. I discovered that with the Hot Toys Leia and Gamora (this stature for Leia is about right, for Gamora it is actually a little short).

6Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:35 pm

Diana

Diana
She looks great! Thank you for the great photos. The S25B is suddenly looking more interesting... Smile

7Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:34 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

8Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:35 pm

doodlehobby

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice (and brave/costly) body swap, doodlehobby. I think it is a success. Yes, she does end up looking short next to some of the glamazons out there, but some variety, not to mention a measure of realism/averageness, is welcome, at least in my book. And yes, S24A-S25B does actually correspond closely to a number of female sixth-scale bodies by other companies. I discovered that with the Hot Toys Leia and Gamora (this stature for Leia is about right, for Gamora it is actually a little short).
Would have been nice if they could make this more realistic with smaller breast size. Though for this small size, this is definitely one of my favorite base bodies to use to date despite having a little less articutlation.

AerynDiana wrote:She looks great! Thank you for the great photos. The S25B is suddenly looking more interesting... Smile
Well at least there's more options for this body than, say, the 26/27 bodies. Only thing is why they have to mess with the connection points (making them smaller... smh).

9Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:08 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't think they have had the small breast size in ages; in fact, I'm starting to doubt it ever existed... and I'm pretty sure the medium ballooned up. Smile

10Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:26 pm

doodlehobby

GubernatorFan wrote:I don't think they have had the small breast size in ages; in fact, I'm starting to doubt it ever existed... and I'm pretty sure the medium ballooned up. Smile
LOL that's true. Well, when I first heard of and collected Phicen/TBL I started with their v4 plastic armatures. And they definitely only started with mid-bust+.

11Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:22 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She looks cool but like others have said, that face looks like a very young woman. I do like the tunic and medals, makes me think of C&C red alert.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 1f60e

12Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:19 am

doodlehobby

Well, decided to add a splash of red to her uniform and got some laced flat boots to go with it. It originally came with black laces, so changed them over to red. It's a nice new look for her. LOL

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50897131867_e295bf1c7e_bKatyusha Pose 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50897132117_818c27ebd3_bKatyusha Pose 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B 50897016376_6d1ebf2e3d_bKatyusha Pose 3 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

13Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:21 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's a nice touch (as opposed to a bad touch), and definitely a red touch. Smile

14Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:08 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks very striking!

Out of curiosity, did you use 'regular' 1/6 scale tights on her? I ask because I have been wondering if the ones made for the larger tbleague bodies would fit on the s25b.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

15Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:30 pm

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:Looks very striking!

Out of curiosity, did you use 'regular' 1/6 scale tights on her? I ask because I have been wondering if the ones made for the larger tbleague bodies would fit on the s25b.
The black ones were regular sized and fit well. The red one though is a bit small (was more designed for a Barbie) and when her legs are spread further apart they tend to pull the upper portion down.

16Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:17 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
doodlehobby wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Looks very striking!

The black ones were regular sized and fit well. The red one though is a bit small (was more designed for a Barbie) and when her legs are spread further apart they tend to pull the upper portion down.

Thanks so much, that's really helpful to know!

17Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
I was just admiring these pics on your flickr! Amazing work on creating such a great character!

18Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:49 am

Illusion

Illusion
A really cool figure. I'd almost bought her myself - but I proudly resisted Laughing

Love the flat boots on her. Not 100% sure about the red stockings, as they are really bright, but the do add a certain extra. It makes her stand out - and she deserves to.

I will pay some more attention to the body sizes in the future.

19Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:00 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I just started a thread on undersized sculpts that namechecks Flagset, and this looks like another one of those sculpts (or maybe TBL bodies are oversized, you decide).

This sculpt sits really well on that 25b, though - it looks proportionate which is a very difficult thing to achieve with those bodies. Well done!

20Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:47 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree with GeeW that this head does seem particularly well-suited to the s25b body, which is really nice to see.

I also finally realised who she reminded me of.... she looks very much how I had originally imagined Daenerys Targaryen in the A Song of Ice and Fire books (as opposed to the character's depiction in the show).

21Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's a couple of nice upgrades. The stockings and laces really add nicely to the overall aesthetic. Good choices.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B C8485110

22Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:22 am

doodlehobby

Thanks all. Glad you like that splash of red on her. Of course, she's not as stealthy as befor@: e. LOL

GeeWillikers: this is my first Flagset figure. I find it's not just her head was small, her hands were also smaller than a regular Phicen/TBL. It's actually sized to the 24/25 body. And her boot feet were ridiculously big for such a small/slim frame. Put it together and she looked oddly disproportionate in my eyes. After the body swap, I was quite impressed with how everything matched up well... head, hands and suit. Though her suit is "puffy" in the back, but her hair hides it well enough that it doesn't bother me.

23Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Empty Re: Flagset Katyusha Body Swap TBL S25B Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:58 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Looks great on the new body! Gotta say, I wasn't sure on this head, but your photos really sold me on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum