OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Veryhot Toys Sniper

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Veryhot Toys Sniper Empty Veryhot Toys Sniper Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:42 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Another recent work on a set I've had since 2011 which was also their first sniper offering if I am not mistaken.
Not really a bad set quality wise but of course nothing compared to their more recent releases where quality has much improved.  
From their promo pics :
Veryhot Toys Sniper 74h3KeD

Here he is weathered, modded and with a diorama.
Veryhot Toys Sniper 666OJtv
Veryhot Toys Sniper I5zTS3J
Veryhot Toys Sniper EeOecFX
Veryhot Toys Sniper Eb0L5H3Veryhot Toys Sniper E9hAu8O
Veryhot Toys Sniper Z4qqxSsVeryhot Toys Sniper St1aLXt

WIP
- working out the layout, pose and look.
Veryhot Toys Sniper PEOvmWf

- I used the grass from woodland scenics and lined the frame with craft glue to give the diorama an enclosed sort of effect.
Veryhot Toys Sniper MVZkhON

Many thanks for dropping by as always folks !

2Veryhot Toys Sniper Empty Re: Veryhot Toys Sniper Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:07 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice work. Looks real. I’ve never been a sniper, though I have had the opportunity to fire a Barrett M82 a few times (if I wasn’t spending so much money on this hobby, I’d be able save up for one), but I found it a lot easier to lie prone firing those monsters. Better stability, and easier to breathe appropriately. I have seen guys shoot in the position of your figure, I just never found it comfortable, and my aim was always way off.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Veryhot Toys Sniper C8485110

3Veryhot Toys Sniper Empty Re: Veryhot Toys Sniper Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful work! If the original product had issues, you certainly found a way to disguise them.

4Veryhot Toys Sniper Empty Re: Veryhot Toys Sniper Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:16 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Man, that's slick work.

Gorgeous.

5Veryhot Toys Sniper Empty Re: Veryhot Toys Sniper Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:11 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice work. Looks real. I’ve never been a sniper, though I have had the opportunity to fire a Barrett M82 a few times (if I wasn’t spending so much money on this hobby, I’d be able save up for one), but I found it a lot easier to lie prone firing those monsters. Better stability, and easier to breathe appropriately. I have seen guys shoot in the position of your figure, I just never found it comfortable, and my aim was always way off.
I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would be to steady your aim (let alone land a killshot) in that position especially for long periods of time like some of the ops these guys must partake in. I cant even sit still in my chair for 30 minutes !
Space is an issue for me with building dioramas but I would have loved to have had him lying down in bushes waiting.

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful work! If the original product had issues, you certainly found a way to disguise them.
Thanks GF - This boxset was okay (by my low standards) and I had stripped him down to his bare minimum to pull of that pose but there was a lot of work needed to be done with the ghillie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum