OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Converting newer Phicen seamless feet figures into regular figures

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

gooboo

I used the hacksaw to cut through enough of the metal to be able to use the wirecutters to finish it off. I could have just used the hacksaw, but it would have taken longer. The heavy duty wirecutters might work, but I will say I was pretty impressed with the strength of the metal. It certainly is durable.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
gooboo wrote:I used the hacksaw to cut through enough of the metal to be able to use the wirecutters to finish it off. I could have just used the hacksaw, but it would have taken longer. The heavy duty wirecutters might work, but I will say I was pretty impressed with the strength of the metal. It certainly is durable.

Thank you for the clarification. Makes sense. Yes, I'm impressed with the strength of both the metal skeleton and of the silicone TPE flesh.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

This is a pretty good guide to do the same, I applaud your ankle surgery skills.

gooboo

Didn't notice this at first, but it seems like converting the figure from a seamless body might have shortened the figure a bit overall. Here it's standing next to an s28 and the Viking Woman body, and the VW body is noticeably taller now. I remember them being roughly the same heigh previously.

Converting newer Phicen seamless feet figures into regular figures - Page 2 Ankle410

So yeah if you weren't crazy about how tall the figure is, this seems to reduce that problem somewhat. I like her new height now. Standing next to the VW body you really see how low it's lower legs are, and it looks a little odd to me.

BAMComix

BAMComix
I think the all look great! one question though, what is a vw body?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
‘VW’ just stands for ‘Viking Woman’ , which is the only tbleague release so far to have used a certain type of female body in fleshtone (the body has been used for fantasy/horror characters with unrealistic skintones,  but the only human character so far is Viking Woman, making it quite a rare body at this point, since it’s not been released as a base body yet and it’s uncertain if it will be.)

BAMComix

BAMComix
skywalkersaga wrote:‘VW’ just stands for ‘Viking Woman’ , which is the only tbleague release so far to have used a certain type of female body in fleshtone (the body has been used for fantasy/horror characters with unrealistic skintones,  but the only human character so far is Viking Woman, making it quite a rare body at this point, since it’s not been released as a base body yet and it’s uncertain if it will be.)

ETA: and gooboo — I meant to add that the shorter legs look fine to my eyes. In fact, for someone like me who uses these with shoes and boots, it’s ideal since those can add extra height to the leg and ankle area sometimes.

Thanks for the info! I do like the look of that body! bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting observation, gooboo. But even shortened, it looks just right. Again, well done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum