OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 Empty Frozen hell plains Thu 25 Feb 2021 - 13:03

Ovy

Thanks Gubu.

Let's celebrate the end of winter with one last snow photoseries (but who knows). Didn't get around to do that many photos, this was in January I think. The rectangular plastic tray of a tbleague body was used as her transport box. It slid down the hill some hundred meters and was never seen again.

There are so few photos, you have to look at them longer because the track is too long.

Xykuurji crossing the Frozen Plains.

At dawn, the Xykuurji is crossing the frozen plains.
[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-010322

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-010424

It is said that when the first world ended, hundreds of ancestors had to be buried and burned here by dead men.
[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-010452

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-010521

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-010546

There were so many, they stacked upon another, so their spirits could not find their way home.
[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-010626

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-010701

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-010915

So even today, it is said,  there are still spirits wandering here in search of their families.
[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-011006

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-011038

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-011059

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-011202

Xykuurji is not afraid of dead spirits.

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-011301

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-011350

They might be afraid of Xykuurji, though.
[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 PSX-20210215-011542

TravelGuide

The snowy pictures are awesome! Very realistic, especially those with the forest in the background.

I'm sorry to hear that the transportbox disappeared. But at least she wasn't in it!

skywalkersaga

Oooh, awesome!! I am loving these closer looks at the character and her amazing outfit. Great angles, and the backdrop of snow and treeline. Feels you are there with her, seeing from her perspective in some of them. And in others, it feels like maybe the last thing you see before she slays you. Razz

Valiarde

Ovysome pictures!

This figure can't deliver bad pictures I think Razz Can't get enough of these tribe series - all looking so real.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done. Hard to convey ominous in a snow-covered wonderland, but you managed. And it wasn't just your fine choice of music score. Wink

Diana

Diana
Oh thank you so much for posting these cause I think they are my favorite snow pics yet. Truly beautiful. You picked a wonderful time of day to take these, too.

They really look like screenshots of a movie I'd like to see.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Superb shots!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really great snow shots, specially the night time ones.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These new shots are all really amazing. Everything looks perfectly in scale and realistic. Your characters are always fun to see, and this is one of my favorites. Her attire seems perfect for the environment. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
Amazing pictures in the snow, for a second I thought you were sharing some screenshots of a mysterious movie that would be the source material... Stunning work, seriously fantastic!!!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Those look great. Really like the shots taken in the snow.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic and so full of detail. That is a style of Art the pics You made. I´m sure You can do the blades in real metal, it´s not so hard. That could be a great effect in Your photographie when the light hits the metal blade

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I was late to comment on this, though not much more can be said aside from agreeing with all the other praise - this is an outstanding character, so dark and intimidating yet full of so many small details in all of the armor and weapons. Truly a master at customizing your wardrobes from the ground up and making them unique, a real treat to see them come to fruition. Also, I know it is a long bladed weapon, but I almost mistook it for a hockey stick of some kind and was expecting some post-apocalyptic Casie Jones hockey moves - especially in the snow photos if you happened upon a frozen lake. Ice skating boots would have been fun too. LOL

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I am so damn in love with these new photos of Xykkurji in the snow. The figure itself has such an intense presence already, but the early evening light, and the vast, cold emptiness of the scenery combine into something so atmospheric, I can practically hear the howl of the wind in the otherwise deafening silence. Gorgeous.

ZombieTestSubject

Very cool dark character. I like the mystery, the practicality, the restraint.

41[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 Empty Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. Wed 27 Apr 2022 - 15:26

Ovy

Ovy
"The Xykuurji might be driven away, but it can not be killed. It will always be there, lingering, waiting for the right moment. There will always be a time for the Xykuurji, as it is part of human nature. It can not exist without us. And it seems we can not exist without the Xykuurji."

Photography by the Valiarde, poses by the Ovy.

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06147-edited

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06151-edited2

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06152

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06153

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06155

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06159-edited3

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06161-edited

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06164-edited

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06167

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06169

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06171

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06174

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06178

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06179

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06190

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06183

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 RAU06188

Valiarde and me went to the forest about a year ago and he took these beautiful pictures (some might remember the beetle and the huntsman: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3910-the-bloodhunter-on-a-deadly-mission ) And I only recently rediscovered these pics on my old harddrive.

I will answer your 1+ year old comments now. Laughing

TravelGuide wrote:The snowy pictures are awesome! Very realistic, especially those with the forest in the background.

I'm sorry to hear that the transportbox disappeared. But at least she wasn't in it!
Thanks, after over a year, that transport box is still missing

skywalkersaga wrote:Oooh, awesome!! I am loving these closer looks at the character and her amazing outfit. Great angles, and the backdrop of snow and treeline. Feels you are there with her, seeing from her perspective in some of them. And in others, it feels like maybe the last thing you see before she slays you. Razz

Valiarde wrote:Ovysome pictures!

This figure can't deliver bad pictures I think Razz Can't get enough of these tribe series - all looking so real.

Thanks! The Xykuurji looks great under every lens as you learned haha.

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully done. Hard to convey ominous in a snow-covered wonderland, but you managed. And it wasn't just your fine choice of music score. Wink
Thanks, I think snow covered wonderlands can only become wonderlands if you have a cozy warm place nearby to retreat to. Also Thanks to Mr. Morricone.

Diana wrote:Oh thank you so much for posting these cause I think they are my favorite snow pics yet. Truly beautiful. You picked a wonderful time of day to take these, too.

They really look like screenshots of a movie I'd like to see.
Thanks, I'd like to see that movie too haha

BAMComix wrote:Superb shots!
Thanks

Theboo-bomb wrote:Really great snow shots, specially the night time ones.
Thanks, yeah Xykuurji is a creature of the night.

Stryker2011 wrote:These new shots are all really amazing. Everything looks perfectly in scale and realistic. Your characters are always fun to see, and this is one of my favorites. Her attire seems perfect for the environment. Nicely done.
Thanks sir, guess you enjoyed Valiarde photos too.

blackpool wrote:Amazing pictures in the snow, for a second I thought you were sharing some screenshots of a mysterious movie that would be the source material... Stunning work, seriously fantastic!!!
Thanks monsieur

ukshaun wrote:Those look great. Really like the shots taken in the snow.
Thanks

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic and so full of detail. That is a style of Art the pics You made. I´m sure You can do the blades in real metal, it´s not so hard. That could be a great effect in Your photographie when the light hits the metal blade
Thanks! Yeah the blades are supposed to be blackened with carbon black und fire or something, metal scratches shines through in some areas.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:I was late to comment on this, though not much more can be said aside from agreeing with all the other praise - this is an outstanding character, so dark and intimidating yet full of so many small details in all of the armor and weapons. Truly a master at customizing your wardrobes from the ground up and making them unique, a real treat to see them come to fruition. Also, I know it is a long bladed weapon, but I almost mistook it for a hockey stick of some kind and was expecting some post-apocalyptic Casie Jones hockey moves - especially in the snow photos if you happened upon a frozen lake. Ice skating boots would have been fun too. LOL
You are not late to comment, I am. And I am sure Xykkurji is ready for some ice hockey action when traversing frozen lakes. And maybe adding holes to the ice, and through those holes, sending her enemies to the other site, calmly preventing them from crawling back out. And she could use the machetes for ice skating, yes.

ReverendSpooky wrote:I am so damn in love with these new photos of Xykkurji in the snow.  The figure itself has such an intense presence already, but the early evening light, and the vast, cold emptiness of the scenery combine into something so atmospheric, I can practically hear the howl of the wind in the otherwise deafening silence.  Gorgeous.
Thanks, Deafening silence and cold emptiness are beautiful discriptions.

ZombieTestSubject wrote:Very cool dark character. I like the mystery, the practicality, the restraint.
Thanks a lot, beautifully said.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Absolutely gorgeous, serious, epic... You two create beautiful figures and images, but when you collaborate, the magic is amplified! Do it again! Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Jawdropping figure and photos!  [4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 1f632  [4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 1f60d

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 Anigif_sub-buzz-18245-1536877663-5

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
My god, I am so thrilled you rediscovered these lost photos! Xykuurji such a stunning figure, and these photos manage to so crisply capture every awesome detail, and are still just so intensely atmospheric. There's something so cool too about the contrast between these and the previous snowy ones, like even as the seasons change, Xykuurji is still out there. These pics are a real emotional gut punch. Amazing work from both of you guys.

Illusion

Illusion
Great to see her again - such a shame when figures do rarely show up again after their big entrance.

Right at the first pic I had to think of the ladybug pics (and esp. then with the helmet in the moss on the second...) and was a bit puzzled that you should have done a similar trip to repeat the experience just now with this figure. Solved Wink

Really great pics and cool to see her face.

BAMComix

BAMComix
stunning stuff Ovy!

Diana

Diana
Aaaah!! More amazingly inspiring photos! Thank you two!!
These are gorgeous! Love the colors, the framing, the figure, the posing... And love how you worked the light into some of the shots. Works really well. Very Happy

Valiarde

Valiarde
Illusion wrote:Great to see her again - such a shame when figures do rarely show up again after their big entrance.

Yeah right, we should reuse our characters more often, especially ones that took a lot of time to create like Xyku. But it is probably natural in this hobby with so many new charactes/figures releasing every month that we want to see new stuff all the time.

Anyway, I totally forgot that these pics exist! And I remember just now that we shot even more scenes with other characters on that same short trip. Smile

I have to say, Xykuuryj is probably my fav char from all the ones Ovy's done so far.  drunken

Allotropos

Allotropos
Absolutely killer work Ovy !
Killer KILLER work !
Each and everyone of your figures are amazingly put together.
Loving those outdoor shots too !

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These new photos (or rediscovered photos) of your beautiful figure are so cool. I love everything about this character. She’s glorious. Well done to both of you.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[4/27] Xykuurji, the Ghost of War returns. - Page 2 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum