OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sorry, it ended up very photo heavy so please bear with us while they load.

A spinoff of the custom Imperial Mechanical Crew character HERE.

Additional/alternate photos in Post 21 below.

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc010

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc011

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc012

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc013

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Dsafml10

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc014

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc015

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc016

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc017

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc018

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc110

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc111

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc112

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc113

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc114

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc115

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc116

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc117

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc118

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc119

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc210

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc211

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc212

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc213

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc214

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc215

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Afml0210

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc216

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Dsafml10

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc217

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc218

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc219

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc310

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc311

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc312

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc313

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc314

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc315

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc316

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc317

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Afml0210

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc318

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc319

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc410

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc411

What do you think?

Additional/alternate photos in Post 21 below.

Earlier Star Wars photo stories included:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3240-star-wars-a-happy-endings-story-original-trilogy-updated

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3178-star-wars-a-silver-linings-story-original-trilogy-updated-with-extra-photos

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2799-star-wars-the-further-adventures-of-darth-maul-updated-with-part-ii-may-2020

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2541-star-wars-a-love-gone-wrong-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2206-star-wars-moving-on-solo-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1862-star-wars-a-lone-scoundrel-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1852-star-wars-a-negative-body-image-story

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1150-star-wars-spacecops

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t909-star-wars-new-imperial-unit-aquatrooper-part-two

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1076-christmas-reruns-star-wars-christmas-revised-edition-not-the-holiday-special

#starwars #parody #satire #fiction #scifi #photostory

Ovy

Ovy
Wow sir, that's art, might be one of you best stories yet. Great comedic timing, perfect use of 'A few moments later', overall very robotchickenesque atmosphere.
I first thought the detonator would land in the Death Stars literal plot hole (which was fixed by Rogue One, I know. Expensive plothole) and it would all blow up, but you subverted expectations like a true story writer, haha.
Love that you made the connection to C3PO being a creation of Anakin (one of the greatest coincidences of...oh it was the force). I guess Original Triology Vader forgot about that fact like many people did?
Besides the Ensemble shots my favourite one is where he screams the NOOOO and were Cavil and Leia embrace. I like that you built on your Expanded Guberverse, where Cavilleia (Leivill?) was established, and the jealous superman looking extra didn't get what he wants, but everyone's favourite underdog Kyle was promoted to slingfantery.

Btw, why Kyle? Is the head based on someone named Kyle, like Kyle Reese?

Chip

I love your Star Wars figures , and the backgrounds and photos , and the expressions and poses it`s all great , and humorous to boot . I don`t know how long they take you , but I am glad you do and share it with us , this post so deserves more than two replies , I hope you get some more compliments for your efforts .

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
GubernatorFan wrote:What do you think?

Nice story and wonderful pictures. You put a lot of work into it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Wow sir, that's art, might be one of you best stories yet. Great comedic timing, perfect use of 'A few moments later', overall very robotchickenesque atmosphere.
I first thought the detonator would land in the Death Stars literal plot hole (which was fixed by Rogue One, I know. Expensive plothole) and it would all blow up, but you subverted expectations like a true story writer, haha.
Love that you made the connection to C3PO being a creation of Anakin (one of the greatest coincidences of...oh it was the force). I guess Original Trilogy Vader forgot about that fact like many people did?
Besides the Ensemble shots my favourite one is where he screams the NOOOO and were Cavil and Leia embrace. I like that you built on your Expanded Guberverse, where Cavilleia (Leivill?) was established, and the jealous superman looking extra didn't get what he wants, but everyone's favourite underdog Kyle was promoted to slingfantery.

Btw, why Kyle? Is the head based on someone named Kyle, like Kyle Reese?

Thank you very much for liking it and the high praise. And funny you should mention Robot Chicken, because I've seen a few episodes recently, although after I planned the story and took the photos. Perhaps subconsciously that show has played a greater influence on me than I realized. Come on now, they are dumb but not that dumb -- the thermal detonator was not armed. No coincidence with C-3PO -- that was my not-so-subtle dig at the utterly unnecessary silliness of having him created by Anakin in the Prequel Trilogy. And there is another dig in there at the Sequel Trilogy. Glad you caught that protective embrace in the "NOOO" frame; now look at the other naval guard and see if you can spot the reference. Smile Yeah, Officer Kavil was being a bit of a jealous meanie, but he wasn't allowed to have his way. I guess there is some good in him (Vader). Smile Kyle? Well, not sure; started as a Ryan actually, but then I thought people would say he doesn't look like any of the famous Ryans, so I changed it to Kyle. Wasn't thinking of Kyle Reese (maybe I should have been), maybe of my friend Kyle who likes Star Wars but doesn't look much like that (unless maybe if he shaves). Smile The head is from the Bio-inspired knight Aramis the Halberdier, de-necked.

Chip wrote:I love your Star Wars figures , and the backgrounds and photos , and the expressions and poses it`s all great , and humorous to boot . I don`t know how long they take you , but I am glad you do and share it with us , this post so deserves more than two replies , I hope you get some more compliments for your efforts .

Thank you very much for all the kind words. Glad you liked and enjoyed the story and its components. Took awhile, between setting up, shooting, processing, and some time off in-between. If you enjoyed it, check out some of the earlier ones (linked above).

TravelGuide wrote:Nice story and wonderful pictures. You put a lot of work into it.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked them. And it did. But you're no stranger to a lot of work (driving, hiking, climbing, for the perfect shot).

davidd

davidd
That "slinger" outfit looks pretty cool, actually! Is that Star Wars canon, or just something that should have been Star Wars canon?

Of course, once Kyle finds out that "slinger" means slinging hash in the Death Star commissary....

(EDIT: looked it up. Forge of Empires reference. Probably pretty funny to the gamers who picked up on that! I'm not that hep. scratch )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:That "slinger" outfit looks pretty cool, actually! Is that Star Wars canon, or just something that should have been Star Wars canon?

Of course, once Kyle finds out that "slinger" means slinging hash in the Death Star commissary....

(EDIT: looked it up. Forge of Empires reference. Probably pretty funny to the gamers who picked up on that! I'm not that hep. scratch )

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. No, the "slinger" outfit is totally "Legends" as indicated in the actual kitbash post -- https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3595-star-wars-original-trilogy-imperial-mechanical-crew-updated-with-part-ii-fuer-ovy (the Mechanical Crew is canon but extremely obscure).

But I also think it came out pretty well. The reference to slinger is not Forge of Empires-related, except perhaps by coincidence. Slingers were among the earliest missile troops (beyond simply throwing stones or short spears), and in this case there is no sling but the object and function is similar, even though he is more of a "batter" or "flinger." I guess he hits the armed thermal detonator into the enemy lines and KABOOM. Smile

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Laughing Laughing Laughing  Razz  Love it! You're stuff is always so funny but this one was just great! I know you just said "slinger" is an actual term but it just sounds funny. Love all those pinched reaction shots, you chose the headsculpts with each expression perfectly for each character. And Vader having his psychopathic daydream was priceless!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This was hilarious. And as always — somewhere, somehow, there always seems to be a “Kyle” gumming up the works. The one photographic nit I have is the couple of shots of the first “batting” sequence. In films, and comics, it’s important to pay attention to “direction” of your characters — so, if Kyle is facing to camera right, the guy throwing the ball/detonator should be facing camera left. It’s a minor thing, but can often — as it did for me — catch the eye in an awkward moment. Otherwise, I agree with the others — the Leia/Kavil stuff is always fun to see, and now Kyle The Slinger and his Lady-Love are awesome new additions.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing  Razz  Love it! You're stuff is always so funny but this one was just great! I know you just said "slinger" is an actual term but it just sounds funny. Love all those pinched reaction shots, you chose the headsculpts with each expression perfectly for each character. And Vader having his psychopathic daydream was priceless!

I'm thrilled that you love it and found it funny. I thought some of the jokes might bomb. Yep, slinger, flinger, funny terms for serious military stuff, aren't they? Glad you thought the pinched reaction shots and expressions appropriate. I tried, but one can only do so much without recourse to FaceApp or something like that. Vader's daydream... to be honest I wasn't sure it was his daydream or Officer Kavil's but the power of the Force must have allowed Vader to project Kavil's daydream into his mind... or something. Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:This was hilarious. And as always — somewhere, somehow, there always seems to be a “Kyle” gumming up the works. The one photographic nit I have is the couple of shots of the first “batting” sequence. In films, and comics, it’s important to pay attention to “direction” of your characters — so, if Kyle is facing to camera right, the guy throwing the ball/detonator should be facing camera left. It’s a minor thing, but can often — as it did for me — catch the eye in an awkward moment. Otherwise, I agree with the others — the Leia/Kavil stuff is always fun to see, and now Kyle The Slinger and his Lady-Love are awesome new additions.

Thank you very much, love that you thought it hilarious. Kyles of the world unite! I mean, Kyles of the galaxy unite! Smile Yes, I thought about those shots too, and wanted to have them facing each other, but was limited by my light source at the time and didn't want to pull a Lucas (i.e., mirror an image, with or without post-production digital editing to make things right, decades later). I told myself the two were viewed by different observers on different sides in different parts of a hallway. But you're right, normally, they should be portrayed as if viewed by the same observer or at least from the same side of view (not respectively). I wonder if Leia will wait for Kavil to return from his search for R2... what do you think? Should she? Or should she give Jyn something to worry about?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hahaha, hilarious. 'Kyle' absolutely cracks me up. Did they just invent a new sport? Spaceball? ;'D

And is that Tom Cruise?? Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Hahaha, hilarious. 'Kyle' absolutely cracks me up. Did they just invent a new sport? Spaceball? ;'D And is that Tom Cruise??  Laughing

Thank you very much Sky, glad you enjoyed it. I like to think of Kyle as "unintentionally" goofy, in the most endearing sort of way. And yes, I'm pretty sure the head of that "other" naval guard ("Death Star trooper") is based on Tom Cruise. Spaceball!? See, I need you to tell me these things. No, I'm not being sarcastic, it was staring me in the face the whole time but somehow I didn't see it. Speaking of the trooper with Tom Cruise head and Spaceball, did you notice the reference to Mel Brooks' parody Spaceballs?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Hahaha, hilarious. 'Kyle' absolutely cracks me up. Did they just invent a new sport? Spaceball? ;'D  And is that Tom Cruise??  Laughing

Thank you very much Sky, glad you enjoyed it. I like to think of Kyle as "unintentionally" goofy, in the most endearing sort of way. And yes, I'm pretty sure the head of that "other" naval guard ("Death Star trooper") is based on Tom Cruise. Spaceball!? See, I need you to tell me these things. No, I'm not being sarcastic, it was staring me in the face the whole time but somehow I didn't see it. Speaking of the trooper with Tom Cruise head and Spaceball, did you notice the reference to Mel Brooks' parody Spaceballs?

Ha, it's been ages since I've seen Spaceballs, so I am drawing a blank atm... was it the reference to the video tapes?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ha, it's been ages since I've seen Spaceballs, so I am drawing a blank atm... was it the reference to the video tapes?

Hmmm... not quite. When Dark Helmet gets mad, all the Spaceballs instinctively try to protect their...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Ha, it's been ages since I've seen Spaceballs, so I am drawing a blank atm... was it the reference to the video tapes?

Hmmm... not quite. When Dark Helmet gets mad, all the Spaceballs instinctively try to protect their...

oh LOL!! Get it now.... Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:oh LOL!! Get it now.... Laughing

LOL. Congrats, here is your prize! DISCLAIMER: safe to watch before 3:29 and after 4:01 if you don't want to see the couple of Sequel Trilogy impressions. This guy is great.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t know about a possible love triangle thing with Leia/Jyn/Kyle. Cheaters drive me nuts, and unless Leia’s doing it just to test boundaries, and not serious — which is still all kinds of messed up — I think I’d prefer they play it safe, for now... Wink

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t know about a possible love triangle thing with Leia/Jyn/Kyle. Cheaters drive me nuts, and unless Leia’s doing it just to test boundaries, and not serious — which is still all kinds of messed up — I think I’d prefer they play it safe, for now... Wink

Fair enough, wouldn't want to sully Leia's pristine reputation for loyalty and honesty! Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Such great entertainment.  bounce
I know it is a lot of work and I really appreciate your wit and efforts. (I have done stories myself and would love to do again... But the time can only be spent either on comis or on handicrafts, not both... )
That is the first of your stories I have read, but I'll check out the others too Exclamation

For some reason this reminds me of "Matt the Radar Technician" and (actually) Ryan, the Intern...
(In the unlikely case that someone does not know Matt, please look for him on YouTube, as I am not allowed to post external links yet.  Wink  )

Seeing your Jyn almost causes me to regret having sold off my Star Wars Crew. But I had to narrow down the road a bit.

Great stuff, great crew. I will be back for more.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:Such great entertainment.  bounce
I know it is a lot of work and I really appreciate your wit and efforts. (I have done stories myself and would love to do again... But the time can only be spent either on comis or on handicrafts, not both... )
That is the first of your stories I have read, but I'll check out the others too Exclamation

For some reason this reminds me of "Matt the Radar Technician" and (actually) Ryan, the Intern...
(In the unlikely case that someone does not know Matt, please look for him on YouTube, as I am not allowed to post external links yet.  Wink  )

Seeing your Jyn almost causes me to regret having sold off my Star Wars Crew. But I had to narrow down the road a bit.

Great stuff, great crew. I will be back for more.

Thank you very much, and I'm glad you liked it. Believe it or not, I didn't know either Ryan the Intern nor Matt the Radar Technician, but I looked them up, and I can see why you made a connection. I did know of Stormtrooper Gary and Joe the Plumber. Smile I feel Jyn had lots of unrealized potential -- both as a character and as a figure, so I enjoy adding her to scenes as a different character.

If you enjoyed this one, check out some of the other Star Wars stories (linked above).

21STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Empty Alternate/deleted Scene Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While clearing out the materials for the photo story, I came across this color alternate footage, so here it is. No "audio," so you can make up your own (it really was intended differently than how it was used in the story above). Smile

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc412

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc413

STAR WARS The Accident Story (photo heavy) (updated with alternate/deleted footage) Swacc414

BAMComix

BAMComix
Always great to get to see extra stuff!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This is like the deleted scenes on a DVD/Blu-Ray. Thanks for the extras.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I feel like I've really gotten invested in this Death Star soap opera! Kyle is a great addition, and I love how easily provoked he is (especially in front of his crush) and how it actually pays off! An absolute blast as always.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Always great to get to see extra stuff!

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Stryker2011 wrote:This is like the deleted scenes on a DVD/Blu-Ray. Thanks for the extras.

You're welcome. I'm sure plenty of end up with extra footage when staging a photo story.

ReverendSpooky wrote:I feel like I've really gotten invested in this Death Star soap opera!  Kyle is a great addition, and I love how easily provoked he is (especially in front of his crush) and how it actually pays off!  An absolute blast as always.  

Thank you Adam, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum