OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, slightly more intense than your regular sculpt, why not.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yet another one! Though imo looks even less like the model for the game than the previous versions.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm with Ovy -- this could work for a custom character. I prefer the brunette version.

Diana

Diana
I love the expression! I can totally see how this might look bad in hand though.
Gotta pre-order anyway.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I like this one very much - I get so tired of all the neutral 'pretty' female head sculpts out there, this one has character.

I have no real interest in the source material, so the effectiveness or otherwise of the likeness is no big deal for me (in fact it not looking quite right is a bonus in my eyes so long as it still looks realistic), but even so the brunette does work better than the blonde.

It's also nice to see a sculpt with hair parted to the left instead of to the right for a change. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The brunette one (even though it's the same sculpt) -- looks oddly like Maggie from The Walking Dead -- at least it looks better than the generically bad sculpt provided by ThreeZero for their prototype. I just wish the previous two "outfit" sets for this character (or is one of them a complete figure) had rooted hair like these, instead of sculpted.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:The brunette one (even though it's the same sculpt) -- looks oddly like Maggie from The Walking Dead -- at least it looks better than the generically bad sculpt provided by ThreeZero for their prototype. I just wish the previous two "outfit" sets for this character (or is one of them a complete figure) had rooted hair like these, instead of sculpted.

There is a version of the Super Duck Jill Valentine figure that uses the rooted hair sculpt, but it's the more skimpy outfit with the tube top and skirt rather than the more recent practical design from the remake.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Duck-1-6-Jill-Valentine-Head-Carved-Clothes-C026-Fit-12-PH-S12D-Body/184611170214?epid=20043556013&hash=item2afbaee7a6:g:CiwAAOSwavRf9tm-

That said, you could always use the main Super Duck outfit set but swap out the sculpted hair for the Super Duck rooted option (I'm pretty sure that's why they made the optional rooted head in the first place). Though the two different heads are not exactly the same in appearance.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, yeah. I forgot about that one. Thanks for the link.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh, yeah. I forgot about that one. Thanks for the link.

No prob! I love you

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I don't know if anyone was seriously interested in these, but GianToy have some in-hand shots up for viewing now that this has been released.

Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt C592f3282517af786d3601537b10f06a_446x595Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt 8d072b46a9776631e446e23b0df1022a_7bc5189f-1c8f-4e8a-8b62-60038653a3a3_446x595

Hm....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. That seems a significant drop from the photo.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very simplistic, flat paint job. I wasn't looking forward to these, thankfully. ;p

Diana

Diana
I regret my purchase.
I guess she will be among the first to volunteer for a new face.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Yeah... I had one in my shopping cart, but I'm seriously reconsidering that now, even at the low price GianToy are asking.

If you're going to give a sculpt such distinctive features, at least try and give it a decent paint job. There doesn't even appear to be any noticeable 'nostril detailing'.

gooboo

Oof.

Coincidentally, Super Duck is doing a set of heads of that character as well. I thought their version looked better in the promo photos, and Super Duck usually does a good job of making the actual product resemble the promotional material.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:Coincidentally, Super Duck is doing a set of heads of that character as well. I thought their version looked better in the promo photos, and Super Duck usually does a good job of making the actual product resemble the promotional material.
Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt 1cb808b2cc30e62454ab913a69b4f58c_446x595

Yep, if this is the one you mean then I've preordered that one already (it seems to be the same sculpt offered with the set sky linked to above, inexplicably renamed 'Russian Model' here Smile). It's more 'pretty' than the ZilToys one but also less generically-bland than many of SD's usual offerings, so fingers crossed.

Usually I'd wait for some in-hand pics, but I preordered it purely because I thought they'd vanish quickly like that last Facepool sculpt, but all three variants of this still seem to be available.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Diana wrote:I regret my purchase.

It'll be interesting to see how yours compares to GianToy's in-hand shots above though Diana - I know that buying sculpts is often a roulette game, but I still can't believe that such a poorly-finished product would be on the market in this day and age, it's like something from ten years ago.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:

It'll be interesting to see how yours compares to GianToy's in-hand shots above though Diana - I know that buying sculpts is often a roulette game, but I still can't believe that such a poorly-finished product would be on the market in this day and age, it's like something from ten years ago.

RIGHT??? All that nice shading around the eyes that you can see in the promo shots is missing.
I did also pre-order that SuperDuck sculpt. Hopefully that will be better.

Ghost808

Ghost808

Agreed. At this point, I'm glad I went with the super duck version (though I'll probably have to wait years to get it, knowing super duck).

Sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. But thanks GeeWillikers for the heads up (no pun intended) That's the risk with this hobby, I guess. Pre order and risk a bad item, or wait and maybe miss out altogether.

Diana

Diana
I'm still waiting for mine. I'll post photos when it arrives.

Diana

Diana
In hand she didn't disappoint me as much as expected. I quite like her, considering she suits the smaller bodies!

There is not much hair underneath what you see. I started loosening it a bit and just saw scalp underneath. That could probably be fixed with careful styling though.

Her skin color is between pale and suntan, so kinda fits both/neither.

Here she is on the suntan S25B, followed by the pale S37A.

Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt S2510
Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt S25_0110
Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt S25_0210
Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt S3710
Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt S37_0110
Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt S37_0210
Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt S37_0310
Ziltoys - NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt S37_0410

Saturn

Saturn
Diana wrote:In hand she didn't disappoint me as much as expected. I quite like her, considering she suits the smaller bodies!

There is not much hair underneath what you see. I started loosening it a bit and just saw scalp underneath. That could probably be fixed with careful styling though.

Her skin color is between pale and suntan, so kinda fits both/neither.

Here she is on the suntan S25B, followed by the pale S37A.

Thank you for the pictures!
It looks to me quite a lifelike, characteristic face. Good news that it fits both skin tones.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Oh, that's actually not so bad in the end.

Just goes to show how big a part sympathetic lighting can play in this hobby/vocation/obsession.

It's not a huge difference, but I do think it works best with the pale body (which is no bad thing, considering how difficult it is to find matching heads for those).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos, Diana. She looks like Black Widow's sister. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum