OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

" Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam .

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:30 am

Chip

I love theses old 21st Century toys NAM sets .

This is Kwano , part of a Mike Force Team . Mike Force was under command of MAC-V SOG . Coloured scarfs seem popular amongst Mike Force teams , though some of the more brightly coloured ones as here , were more likely given as awards to individuals . Along with the patches , I have doubt these would be worn in combat . Kwano is loaded with ammo , these small teams often operated in areas where extraction or back up could be slow to reach them . His AK47 Chest rig has been converted to carry magazines for the Swedish K - M.G , and a WW11 Grease gun pouch to carry further mags . The other standard pouches likely carry frag grenades and field dressings ect . Often Ammo was carried in favour of food and water . His ruck appears to be a dyed black NVA ruck , I not researched this much , and it could well be a custom made item . The Mike Force Patch was banned in the end , as the initials M.F,  by higher ups was believed could easily be misinterpreted . Very Happy

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  1-P1110504

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  2-P1110506

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  3-P1110500

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  4-P1110508

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  5-P1110514

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  6-P1110516

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  7-P1110528

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  8-P1110532

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  9-P1110535

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  10-P1110533

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  11-P1110525

2" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:31 am

Chip

For Fun ....

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  1-P1110481

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  2-P1110496

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  3-P1110504

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  4-P1110485

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  5-P1110482

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  6-P1110478

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  7-P1110490

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  8-P1110492

3" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:52 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Not that's some MFing cool dude, like the cigarette shots the best. Although his head looks a bit dated, your photos capture him in the best light. I also like how peaceful they resolve their knife comparison conflict.

'Mike Force Team" sounds a bit like a boy band. Laughing

4" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like Ovy, while I find the head just a bit retro (which can have its charm), this is another fine trooper -- and nicely presented, with humor.

5" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Chip

Thanks Ovy , Ian , somewhere down the line the figure may well get swapped out , he seemed quite fitting at the time , but like you after seeing his photos he does look a little retro , and the kit does likely deserve someone a little more realistic looking . I will repost if he gets rotated . Very Happy

6" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:00 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Chip wrote:Thanks Ovy , Ian , somewhere down the line the figure may well get swapped out , he seemed quite fitting at the time , but like you after seeing his photos he does look a little retro , and the kit does likely deserve someone a little more realistic looking . I will repost if he gets rotated . Very Happy

Look, it isn't that unrealistic, and I actually think it works well for a smooth, youthful guy. I have seen repaints improve such sculpts quite a bit, but I'm not sure this needs it and don't know how comfortable you would be doing that -- and I wouldn't want you to regret it. If I were to customize it cautiously, the first thing would be to get rid of the infamous doll dot by filling it in with appropriate color acrylic, then giving the eyes (when fully dry) a careful go over with glossy acrylic varnish (I prefer Vallejo paints, but perhaps you have a preference of your own). Then maybe dull and rough-up the eyebrows just a bit (again, with acrylic, maybe mixed with a little Liquitex ultra matte medium, and apply with the tiniest brush or better yet a sharp toothpick or needle) -- it they are not quite so perfectly delineated and shiny, I think they would look much more realistic.

7" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:36 am

Chip

Something for the future maybe Ian , thanks for the tips , a man of many talents you are indeed .

8" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice looking figure. Really like the smoking pics.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  C8485110

9" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:15 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
He looks great, Chip!

Don't even mind the plastic pouches. Those old 21st sets had some great sculpted detail.

10" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 am

PitViper

PitViper
Very nice take on the original Ultimate Soldier figure. Your photography brings out the best of his uniform and gear. This was top notch back when it was released, and still looks pretty good. Excellent work!

11" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:15 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool Chip!

12" Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  Empty Re: " Kwano " Mike Force Vietnam . Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
21st century toys produced a lot of cool stuff back in the day, my favorite 'Nam figure of theirs continue to be their stoner gunner and their military advisor which came loaded with guns. Plenty of cool guns where also produced by them too.

As for your figure it's a nice addition, I don't think I would have to point out that plastic pouches take away from it but at the same time it gives it that toyness to it that I'm very fond of.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! " Kwano "  Mike Force Vietnam .  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum