OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS *

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Some really cool new additions. The wings look great with her, and those candles are really cool. I have the first Lucifer figure (Lucifer — herself), and she’s one of the coolest figures with those striking black wings.

Valiarde

Outstanding pics - better than the promo pics and like I told you already, the wings really improved her and Lucifer should sell more figures with wings it seems Very Happy

ReverendSpooky

Damn, these photos are stunning!!! Beautiful figure, but the photography is really what sells it for me. The removable blade on the back really are cool, and was one of the things I thought was most interesting on the design. Those candles really are phenomenal, and just a heads up, birthday candles actually make great 1/6 candles as well, if you're ever looking for another option (Although these are the more freestanding pillar kind, and really are perfect. What actually are they?). Seriously though, so striking. I keep coming back to look at them.

http://reverendspooky.com

Illusion

Stryker2011 wrote:Some really cool new additions. The wings look great with her, and those candles are really cool. I have the first Lucifer figure (Lucifer — herself), and she’s one of the coolest figures with those striking black wings.

Thank you! I am not very familiar with Lucifer figures - so, I had to google her. LOVE her wings (and the cool stone accessories).  Very Happy  

Valiarde wrote:Outstanding pics - better than the promo pics and like I told you already, the wings really improved her and Lucifer should sell more figures with wings it seems Very Happy

Thank you! yes, a lot of people seem to like wings, and as your armored angels and the Lucifer Demon Lady demonstrate, it should not be too difficult to come up with a clever solution for attaching them.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn, these photos are stunning!!!  Beautiful figure, but the photography is really what sells it for me.  The removable blade on the back really are cool, and was one of the things I thought was most interesting on the design.  Those candles really are phenomenal, and just a heads up, birthday candles actually make great 1/6 candles as well, if you're ever looking for another option (Although these are the more freestanding pillar kind, and really are perfect.  What actually are they?).  Seriously though, so striking.  I keep coming back to look at them.

Thanks so much!
The candles are based on an LED set-up. Here's the link to the ebay auction of their maker (thanks Valiarde for the ebay reminder, you saved me the time to take quick pics myself Wink ):
1/6 candles on ebay

Diana

Diana
I love these pics! The third is my fave. Her side glance works especially well with her looking up, but I really like this head sculpt overall. The wings look gorgeous! Overall you make her look more classy!

And those candles are exciting!! Very Happy

Valiarde

Valiarde
I can fully recommend these candles! They are done by a friend and I asked him if he also does international delivery. He said yes, so feel free to ask him on ebay if you are interested.

I will post pics of my candles (own two) once I find a good scene with them. Or maybe Illusion will post her candle first. Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
In all the talk about the costume, I forgot about the candles, which do look excellent. I just hope you don't singe or melt anything in the process of photographing them. It did occur to me, as others have pointed out, that some birthday candles have the potential for being customized into something for our scale. I'm also reminded of the thin (almost noodle-like) candles used in some churches, which can probably do the same. Just do not let it slip you would be using them alongside a product containing "Lucifer" in the name. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! that figure is stunning! ad so wonderfully photographed. The lighting really brings her to life!

Illusion

Illusion
Diana wrote:I love these pics! The third is my fave. Her side glance works especially well with her looking up, but I really like this head sculpt overall. The wings look gorgeous! Overall you make her look more classy!

And those candles are exciting!! Very Happy

Thank you!  Her side glance is a nice diversification to the other girls.

GubernatorFan wrote:In all the talk about the costume, I forgot about the candles, which do look excellent. I just hope you don't singe or melt anything in the process of photographing them. It did occur to me, as others have pointed out, that some birthday candles have the potential for being customized into something for our scale. I'm also reminded of the thin (almost noodle-like) candles used in some churches, which can probably do the same. Just do not let it slip you would be using them alongside a product containing "Lucifer" in the name. Smile

Laughing to be honest, I have not been to a church in quite a while (and last time probably during some sightseeing)... not sure we have these thin candles around...
anyway, singeing or melting is unlikely as the LEDs don‘t get that warm that soon  Wink  - not sure that was a real concern or just joking? If you check the ebay link, there are some pics of the candles switched off an on and the battery set up. ( Just in case you have not checked yet.)

Whilst talking about candles: one of my favourite pics is the following with a "real" wax candle that I "lit" by cutting a flame from a pic of a lit candle. Although it is pretty obvious that the candle is not actually burning, back then I was really proud of myself to have managed... now I cannot even remember how I did it exactly. Of course this does not help with the actual candle light effect on the surroundings.
(Occasion was a sad one, a fellow collector's death by cancer.)

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * - Page 2 21859824080_14ff177eaucj0o

BAMComix wrote:Wow! that figure is stunning! ad so wonderfully photographed. The lighting really brings her to life!

Thank you! Glad you like her too.

Thanks everyone for the continued support. Appreciate your interest in my pics.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sorry for your friend's passing. But that was a very sweet tribute on your part. The digitally-inserted flame actually looks very good. And, yes, I was careless enough to assume those were real fire-lit candles! Wow. They are impressive. Thanks for the link. You and Valiarde have put them to good use for sure. The ones I was talking about were real wax (or paraphin) candles, and I would be careful with them, lest one sets oneself, one's figures, or one's home on fire. Or someone else's. Smile

Illusion

Illusion
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm sorry for your friend's passing. But that was a very sweet tribute on your part. The digitally-inserted flame actually looks very good. And, yes, I was careless enough to assume those were real fire-lit candles! Wow. They are impressive. Thanks for the link. You and Valiarde have put them to good use for sure. The ones I was talking about were real wax (or paraphin) candles, and I would be careful with them, lest one sets oneself, one's figures, or one's home on fire. Or someone else's. Smile

Very Happy  no way I would light any candle or other real fire close to my little folks... (MAYBE some tea candle in a glass with few small openings if I expect some use from its light... with figures in stable positions.... actually, it just strikes me, I did it once  affraid  :

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * - Page 2 28106364388_08570a97ec_z

there was a particular reason for Groot trying some voodoo magic... (would get way too off topic to explain it, I guess)

I assume we have a mixed „Dark Elf / use of (fake or real) candles“ thread now  alien
(I don‘t mind...)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That photo with Woodoo Groot is just precious.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was thinking about 1/6 scale wings recently, and remembered this thread. I meant to ask Illusion about the wings on this figure -- are these the wings that were being sold as an accessory for the horse, by any chance? 

I ask because they are the only ones I'm seeing available at the moment....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:I was thinking about 1/6 scale wings recently, and remembered this thread. I meant to ask Illusion about the wings on this figure -- are these the wings that were being sold as an accessory for the horse, by any chance? 

I ask because they are the only ones I'm seeing available at the moment....

Yes, the wings are the accessory wings for the Lucifer horses.
I got them to try to attach them to another horse (or whatever alien ) - but have not started with finding out how... have had some ideas but nothing brought to reality yet... having too many bits and pieces of ideas over here... Rolling Eyes

In the pics the elf is actually lying on the wings. They are not attached to her. Would not know how as they are comparatively large and heavy.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you so much, that's really helpful to know! I presume the wings are static, or can they be posed at all?

Ephiane

Ephiane
before the birth of Light, there was darkness. And from the darkness came the dark elves.... a   Quote of Malagir i get a Goosebumps of it Shocked

Fantastic figure and photographie. Grindelwald invite her for visit the earth for sure. The Raven feathers turned her into a Angel of darkness. Love her !

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Thank you so much, that's really helpful to know! I presume the wings are static, or can they be posed at all?

Well, the wire is really thick but you could change the angle - I suppose you wouldn't do it frequently (not comparable to posing an elbow). The issue is to stabilize the position when the original "screw pin" is not used. The wire is inserted in a white plastic knob that turns into the horse body as a screw does. I have cut off one of them so far - now I need to find a solution wherewith the wire of the wing keeps the position instead of turning around its axis (not sure you understand what I mean)....

Ephiane wrote:before the birth of Light, there was darkness. And from the darkness came the dark elves.... a   Quote of Malagir i get a Goosebumps of it Shocked

Fantastic figure and photographie. Grindelwald invite her for visit the earth for sure. The Raven feathers turned her into a Angel of darkness. Love her !

a fitting quote indeed - many thanks! I am happy you like her. Very Happy

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those wings are fantastic and make the figure that much better. The candles are also great.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * - Page 2 1f60e

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the explanation of the wings, I figured they probably couldn't be bent much, but was just curious in case. I have an idea in mind and it would save me a lot of hassle not to have to make the wings from scratch, but I'll have to think about it if these will work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum