OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS *

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Illusion

Illusion
I know there are already (better) in hand pics of her in the "new product section", but as I am kind of happy at the moment to have her and to have managed to get a couple of decent pics of her, I just wanted to show mine too.

I am not 100% convinced of her outfit (neither was I at the time of order nor am I now) but it is cool enough not to be disappointed.  Very Happy
(not going into discussing how much sense this type of armor makes  Wink  )

When I took the pics I had not known the blades on her back are meant to be used as weapons (and joined by the metal chain) -  Embarassed  - which is why she borrowed Arwen's sword and Bran's dagger... (my regular shops did not list the promos with her using the blades)

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50989226468_a624c75cc4_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50989226693_22fb04d887_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50990038212_187315db3e_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50990037932_0bbe80fe18_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50989928431_a78418b5fe_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50989928611_2e43b758f5_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50989227283_4c62781d4b_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50990039297_66cb8da0b3_b

unholy alliances brewing...

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50989927366_08f52f3896_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50989225628_9a7a38cb81_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 50990037377_590d68b24c_b

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stunning photos! She seems to fit quite well into your Elven aesthetic....

ETA: Also, nice Grindelwald figure. He's another that has a very cool outfit. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Illusion wrote:I know there are already (better) in hand pics of her in the "new product section",
These pictures are quite nice though Smile I'm glad you posted them.

I am not 100% convinced of her outfit (neither was I at the time of order nor am I now) but it is cool enough not to be disappointed.  Very Happy
(not going into discussing how much sense this type of armor makes  Wink  )
I guess it protects the bare minimum Laughing

davidd

davidd
Outstanding photos! That third one from the top is superb!

In fact... as I look at product photos on a retailer website, I would say the fig looks better in your photos here than in the promotional images!

If this figure is indicative of the appearance of Lucifer releases, it gives me hope that the centaur... if it's ever actually released... will be impressive, indeed!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous presentation and photography!

Diana

Diana
She looks amazing and your photos are fantastic!! Gorgeous lighting.
Don't you ever hold back on us! Wink

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! what a gorgeous figure! love the pointy ears! You really have caught the essence of the figure with the pics you have taken. I hope we get to see more of her!

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks so much guys!!!
I am happy you like the pics too. (My first attempt at taking pics of her was a frustrating disaster. Therefore I am all the happier that the second was a success.  Very Happy )

davidd wrote:Outstanding photos! That third one from the top is superb!

In fact... as I look at product photos on a retailer website, I would say the fig looks better in your photos here than in the promotional images!

If this figure is indicative of the appearance of Lucifer releases, it gives me hope that the centaur... if it's ever actually released... will be impressive, indeed!

Shocked too kind of you - might be due to the fact that the darker light leaves more room for imagination? (but on promos you want to see what you get, right? Wink )

I have checked the thread on the centaur... well... certainly an interesting design (but indeed a bit creepy).  I keep my fingers crossed for everyone interested in getting one that Lucifer will indeed release it and that it will live up to expectations Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really outstanding photos. The lighting is perfect, and I don’t mind the alternate borrowed weapons, they seem to suit her.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great shots, I personally like seeing shots of stuff from people who own them.

I originally thought that since it said dark elf she would be grey skinned and white haired like the ones in D&D or Elder Scrolls.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 1f60e

brassco

brassco
I also think the 3rd picture is the best. I would love to have this pic on my cellphone, if you dun mind!

A bit regretting not getting this figure...

Illusion

Illusion
Stryker2011 wrote:Really outstanding photos. The lighting is perfect, and I don’t mind the alternate borrowed weapons, they seem to suit her.

Thank you! I was lucky with the sunlight in my back. I also think the weapons are close enough to her style.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Great shots, I personally like seeing shots of stuff from people who own them.

I originally thought that since it said dark elf she would be grey skinned and white haired like the ones in D&D or Elder Scrolls.

Thank you. Yes, everyone has a different way of taking pics of their stuff. I don‘t mind seeing the same figure all over Very Happy

I think „dark“ refers to her spirit and intentions rather than her looks (although obviously villains are dressed in black Rolling Eyes ). There is an overdone Chinenglish background story on her packaging too...

brassco wrote:I also think the 3rd picture is the best. I would love to have this pic on my cellphone, if you dun mind!

A bit regretting not getting this figure...

yes, sure, go ahead... a pleasure if you like it that much. Thank you! Very Happy

blackpool

blackpool
lovely posing and photography, I really like th emood of the set, and what a gorgeous figure!

Thanks for sharing!

14Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * Empty Dark Elf with Wings Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Illusion

Illusion
blackpool wrote:lovely posing and photography, I really like th emood of the set, and what a gorgeous figure!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! Appreciate your comment!

Sooner than expected a little update here...

I had been thinking about getting the wings that belong to the Lucifer horse for quite a long while, but had been hesitant knowing I might have difficulties to use them for anything else...
Reason - once again - lost out to longing; therefore a set of black wings arrived last week. And here's the first attempt to make any use of them:  

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51036327317_a3240529e6_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51035489298_f8b1a90619_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51036327067_880f98d0c5_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51035489993_b4b8c341d7_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51036327177_cec9c9f1ae_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51036327602_42136bf38c_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51036327752_62fef22c17_b

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51036220891_1a86c1772c_b

originally I had intended to take many pics with some custom candles made by a fellow German genius collector... but I was lost enough to have forgotten about when I finally had some spare time to spend on pics. Here's a hurried test pic I had taken earlier (I leave the rest to your imagination  Very Happy ).

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * 51036221241_640afaee4f_b

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They certainly worked beautifully! I bet with more custom additions, this figure would keep getting better and better. I know I'm missing the point, but there is just too much exposed... in the middle... to be any sort of practical. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Normally I'd agree with you on the 'overexposure' thing, GF, but in this case I think the contrast between the black and gold and the flesh tone makes for a particularly gorgeous aesthetic.

The wings are also a beautiful addition -- I love various textures all together, it adds so much visual interest to photos. And Illusion, your photography here is just superb -- wonderful lighting and composition!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Normally I'd agree with you on the 'overexposure' thing, GF, but in this case I think the contrast between the black and gold and the flesh tone makes for a particularly gorgeous aesthetic.

We all see things a little differently, so there is no need to necessarily justify out different reactions. But I think I can explain mine slightly: I think what bothers me in the original design is not just the potential silliness and/or oversexualization of overexposure in what we might call militant fantasy female figures (henceforth, MFFF -- just kidding), but balance. There is just so much pale flesh with only a few bits of mostly gold (which is not the biggest contrast to said flesh) here in the middle of the figure, and so little of the same to balance it elsewhere, where black with a few bits of gold predominate. Maybe a hefty (and functional) belt and a few straps or smaller armor pieces (disks?) in black with the occasional gold detail would have broken this up and made it look more balanced and -- arguably -- a little more practical? What we end up getting is basically an impractical sexy semi-armored nightie, of sorts... I really wish I could suspend my disbelief a bit more often. Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Very Happy
no need for any justifications whatever direction Wink

I am glad for everyone who likes her - but I am not offended at all when there is criticism, and certainly not at suggestions for improvement. Appreciate the thoughts that go with it!
So, again, thanks everyone for any contribution!!

@GF: I perfectly understand what you mean and I do not fully agree with her "outfit" either. Although we are in the realm of fantasy here (so, who cares about practical - or even feasible Laughing ), I would have done it differently. But obviously, I like her just enough to have bought her.  Very Happy
Given the rather dark attitude of the figure and the preferably darker set-up all this "light area" in her middle causes me a bit of an issue in the pics at times Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:I am glad for everyone who likes her - but I am not offended at all when there is criticism, and certainly not at suggestions for improvement. Appreciate the thoughts that go with it! So, again, thanks everyone for any contribution!!

@GF: I perfectly understand what you mean and I do not fully agree with her "outfit" either. Although we are in the realm of fantasy here (so, who cares about practical - or even feasible Laughing ), I would have done it differently. But obviously, I like her just enough to have bought her.  Very Happy Given the rather dark attitude of the figure and the preferably darker set-up all this "light area" in her middle causes me a bit of an issue in the pics at times Wink

I'm glad you're not offended -- but one never knows how something is going to be taken. It certainly wasn't meant to offend, and I usually reign in this kind of criticism of products, in part since it is based on subjective taste. But I think we can safely say that you are already making the figure more spectacular and more interesting than it was before, and your photography is an art form. Indeed, I can only imagine the problem focusing and getting decent clarity of the imagery given the imbalance of pale and dark. I think you pulled it off very well. Perhaps fittingly, the photos I found the most beautiful in the first set are the one where the pale area is toned down by being in the shade. Smile And while you certainly don't need to improve her, this just occurred to me: some fancy beaded lacework with black Czech glass microbeads?

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Normally I'd agree with you on the 'overexposure' thing, GF, but in this case I think the contrast between the black and gold and the flesh tone makes for a particularly gorgeous aesthetic.

The wings are also a beautiful addition -- I love various textures all together, it adds so much visual interest to photos. And Illusion, your photography here is just superb -- wonderful lighting and composition!

Thank you ! - Given my very limited knowledge of photography and equally limited equipment I am always happy when I end up with some „nicer than my average“ pics. Smile
I esp like the first b/w pic where she seams to „float“.

Illusion

Illusion
GubernatorFan wrote:
Illusion wrote:I am glad for everyone who likes her - but I am not offended at all when there is criticism, and certainly not at suggestions for improvement. Appreciate the thoughts that go with it! So, again, thanks everyone for any contribution!!

@GF: I perfectly understand what you mean and I do not fully agree with her "outfit" either. Although we are in the realm of fantasy here (so, who cares about practical - or even feasible Laughing ), I would have done it differently. But obviously, I like her just enough to have bought her.  Very Happy Given the rather dark attitude of the figure and the preferably darker set-up all this "light area" in her middle causes me a bit of an issue in the pics at times Wink

I'm glad you're not offended -- but one never knows how something is going to be taken. It certainly wasn't meant to offend, and I usually reign in this kind of criticism of products, in part since it is based on subjective taste. But I think we can safely say that you are already making the figure more spectacular and more interesting than it was before, and your photography is an art form. Indeed, I can only imagine the problem focusing and getting decent clarity of the imagery given the imbalance of pale and dark. I think you pulled it off very well. Perhaps fittingly, the photos I found the most beautiful in the first set are the one where the pale area is toned down by being in the shade. Smile And while you certainly don't need to improve her, this just occurred to me: some fancy beaded lacework with black Czech glass microbeads?

Very Happy we seem to have posted at the same time...
thanks for your kind compliments! I suppose I rarely make a figure better than she had been perceived before ... chuckles...
I am looking for constructive discussions in a forum and not just applause. Smile

I may actually think of some limited changes to her (with or without beads involved) but that is not a top priority... too many things chasing each other in my head... Mad

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some really cool new additions. The wings look great with her, and those candles are really cool. I have the first Lucifer figure (Lucifer — herself), and she’s one of the coolest figures with those striking black wings.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Lucifer's Exiled Heirs Dark Elf - * Update 14 Mar - WINGS * C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Outstanding pics - better than the promo pics and like I told you already, the wings really improved her and Lucifer should sell more figures with wings it seems Very Happy

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Damn, these photos are stunning!!! Beautiful figure, but the photography is really what sells it for me. The removable blade on the back really are cool, and was one of the things I thought was most interesting on the design. Those candles really are phenomenal, and just a heads up, birthday candles actually make great 1/6 candles as well, if you're ever looking for another option (Although these are the more freestanding pillar kind, and really are perfect. What actually are they?). Seriously though, so striking. I keep coming back to look at them.

Illusion

Illusion
Stryker2011 wrote:Some really cool new additions. The wings look great with her, and those candles are really cool. I have the first Lucifer figure (Lucifer — herself), and she’s one of the coolest figures with those striking black wings.

Thank you! I am not very familiar with Lucifer figures - so, I had to google her. LOVE her wings (and the cool stone accessories).  Very Happy  

Valiarde wrote:Outstanding pics - better than the promo pics and like I told you already, the wings really improved her and Lucifer should sell more figures with wings it seems Very Happy

Thank you! yes, a lot of people seem to like wings, and as your armored angels and the Lucifer Demon Lady demonstrate, it should not be too difficult to come up with a clever solution for attaching them.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn, these photos are stunning!!!  Beautiful figure, but the photography is really what sells it for me.  The removable blade on the back really are cool, and was one of the things I thought was most interesting on the design.  Those candles really are phenomenal, and just a heads up, birthday candles actually make great 1/6 candles as well, if you're ever looking for another option (Although these are the more freestanding pillar kind, and really are perfect.  What actually are they?).  Seriously though, so striking.  I keep coming back to look at them.

Thanks so much!
The candles are based on an LED set-up. Here's the link to the ebay auction of their maker (thanks Valiarde for the ebay reminder, you saved me the time to take quick pics myself Wink ):
1/6 candles on ebay

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum