OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

collectorofmany

rollotomasi wrote:Hi, regarding the ankle peg, maybe you can check out what AFM did in the link, 1st post, last two pics,
where he transplanted the white sockets of the TBL feet to the desired feet/shoes,
that is if you don't mind cutting up the TBL feet and that your figure will end up a bit taller.
I also did that when i connected my Worldbox body to Crazy Toys boots which are totally incompatible.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3975-a-journey-to-a-spider-man-m32-tbleague-body-swap-step-by-step-work-in-progress

That’s actually not a bad idea... would just need to buy another pair of feet, as I don’t want to alter the only ones I have for my figures. Thanks for the tip and link!!

collectorofmany

Not too much in the way of updates since my last reply, but I’ve ordered and received a few pieces to help push the Ghostbusters cosplay a little further in the accuracy department...

The first of these was updating the rubbery plastic molded pistol/web belt from the original Mattel figure with a DID WWII Medic “grommeted” web belt from Zhukov’s Attic. This is a much more authentic belt with it being fabric/metal. Not to mention this is actually the style belt they used for the original movie costumes.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 25c10e10
It was reasonably priced and arrived in good time. Way better than the Mattel belt for sure!

Next, I pulled the trigger on some other smaller detail pieces for the GB costume that I’ve been eyeing ever since I asked about kitbash-friendly vendors, and that came in the way of parted-out Blitzway pieces from MachineGun Figures in France. I was hesitant because of the price (I spent a little more than I would have preferred—don’t we all!? Laughing) but also was weary of the shipping charges/lead times. MachineGun was literally the last vendor I was able to find any partout pieces from the Blitzway sets, so am happy to be able to upgrade my radio, holster and belt gizmo, while also adding the Seiko digital wrist watch and a Ghostbusters logo’d stand/base.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 325bc010
The detail Blitzway put into these is incredible.

I’ll try to get a new shot of the ‘buster in the updated gear soon.

Until next time.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nice pieces, coming together very effectively. Would you believe it, something like this belt was also in Star Wars, and I had to make a point of finding it for my Imperial Mechanical Crew (or rather his rebel counterpart). I'm not sure I want to know where that tube is coming from but it looks just right. Smile Blitzway does do some pretty amazing work, at equally amazing prices...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

collectorofmany

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice pieces, coming together very effectively. Would you believe it, something like this belt was also in Star Wars, and I had to make a point of finding it for my Imperial Mechanical Crew (or rather his rebel counterpart).

I appreciate it. I’d like to think so myself as well.. and I’m not surprised there’s a similar belt in the SW universe.

GubernatorFan wrote: I'm not sure I want to know where that tube is coming from but it looks just right. Smile Blitzway does do some pretty amazing work, at equally amazing prices...

Haha! Yeah, supposedly it was a joke in of itself... being “scared the piss out of” but just added to the greeblies of the costume, but it’s accurate to the film! Laughing Blitzway just knocked it out on these and I’m upset I didn’t at least buy one of the four when they were available way back when. Oh, well.

I ended up removing the Mattel pieces and put the Blitzway in their place.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 32207510
Inner are Mattel and outer are Blitzway. Vast difference in both scale and detail.

Took a couple quick pics of the ‘buster (see what I did there?!? Laughing)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 C3e30610
Not too bad. Sadly the glue that holds the smaller “daughterboard” of the belt gizmo to its metal clip separated, so it presently can’t attach to the belt. I need to track down a good metal adhesive.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 E5ac3410
I still need to paint the elbow pads (and dye the gloves black) and have already bought 2 acrylic gray paints and black rit dye. Just need to set a time and do it.

Until next time...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He’s come a long way, but the upgrades look great. cheers

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, looking sharp.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So, ended up doing a couple head swaps after my latest male HS arrived a week or so back, which was of the Paul Rudd variety. I figure that likeness would better fit the Ghostbusters figure since he’s in the upcoming movie. Paul Walker’s likeness went over to M34 (a stretch, maybe! Laughing) and Tommy’s head (Jake Gyllenhaal) went into storage.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 963ff310
No doubt probably a knockoff from some Hot Toys Antman figure…

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 40cfcc10
More fitting. Still some paint/dye work on some pieces, but practically there.

I also found a 6.1L HEMI engine so decided to pick that up (since I’m a Mopar guy) and presently have Cameron posing behind it in a bikini, with “Paul” just hanging around.
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Ade06610

I did just put in an order at Toy Anxiety, which one of those pieces finally finished up the ‘sexy racer’ outfit, which were some motorcycle boots. I also picked her up more of some formal attire (since my last order’s gown was cancelled) plus another lounge outfit for M34… I wonder, do we change names with the changing of the heads?

Next up, I’ll eventually get her a crotch rocket (honesty probably the next accessory I buy.)

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool1 Paul head looks terrific in his ghost busters gear! as it has to said does Cameron! nice posing bounce

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Cameron's formal wear arrived, and two issues (one immediately and one after the fact) unfortunately. I remember reading that the S29's (and I think S39's) have GFS (gargantuan feet syndrome) and the black heels were way too small for her massive feet! LOL Laughing More on the other issue later.

I decided to throw her mermaid gown on, which fit surprisingly well, albeit a bit form-fitting, but still nice looking! Layering her new black bra (kitbashed from Nancy in Hell figure) and new black bikini (from another TBL figure) under her dress definitely gives the look more realism in the details department.

Figured I'd have her modeling the engine on display...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Img_2810
I cleverly took it from an angle to hide the fact that she's not wearing any shoes at the moment! Laughing

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Img_2811
Horrible background choice, but it's the only thing I had large enough to knock out my room/the background. (also, still that horrible indoor yellow lighting! I'll eventually get a decent lighting setup...)

I was then going to throw on her racing suit to pose for some more photos because her boots came in (which fit very nicely for those big feet!) It was when I pulled the black dress off that I found issue number 2...

Shocked STAINING!! Shocked

I should have soaked it in a vinegar/water mix before I put it on...  or at least tried to wash the remaining color dye out of the fabric. It was only on her for maybe 3 days, which means it doesn't take long. I didn't take any pics of the stains because I panicked and immediately prepped her for cleansing. The staining was concentrated to the areas on the inner seams/overlap where the glittery fabric touched the HPE/silicone.

I don't know if I ever mentioned before but those jeans initially stained Tommy, and those were on him for at least a couple weeks. His staining has definitely mellowed off, but you can still faintly see it. Probably need to give him another warm water/soap bath and rinsing since it's been a few weeks.

For Cameron's new stains, I immediately rinsed her with warm water and Dawn detergent. Then, final rinse and patted her dry, and that was a couple days ago. Most of the light overall staining has disappeared, but like Tommy, larger/lighter stained areas have significantly lightened while the smaller/darker areas slightly spread out (especially if it was at a concentrated point/area.) I'm fixing to give her another rinse/wash/rinse before finally applying some protective powder on her.

As far as the rest of the order, the loungewear for Tommy ended up only working half in his favor, so Cameron got some track lounge pants and Tommy got the white hoodie!

I also finally ordered her Honda motorcycle, and will likely do a custom paint job on it since the orange/silver doesn't look that good, imo. I may also cut some tiny vinyl decals to adhere to it.

Sorry I didn't include more pics as I intended to do a much longer shoot, but it was abruptly cut short when the staining was unveiled.

I'll report after I try to remove the little staining that's left/visible.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Update after second round of trying to lighten/remove the stains.

All photos are with the flash on and with the figure uncoated and I tell you what, she picks up every little speck without  powder on her.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Img_2812

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Img_2813

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Img_2814

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Img_2815

As you can see, it's still there. Not sure if I need to look at more aggressive solutions next or what...

I'm probably going to give her a third rinse/washing again in a couple of days, then powder her down. Not sure if the powder helps pull anything off or not but since I knew I was likely going to encounter multiple rounds of washing to try to curb the stains, I didn't powder her in between cleaning sessions.

Going to do some more digging around on the stain threads in here.

davidd

davidd
I had a figure that got seriously stained a while back. After washing the figure vigorously with dishwasher detergent (Dawn, I think it was), I lathered on the benzoyl peroxide cream and let it sit for a couple of days.

I used a "generic" benzoyl peroxide I got on eBay: this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133590137740?epid=8038114881

If there was any improvement at all, it was negligible.

I washed the figure a second time, let it dry, and lathered it up again. I let it sit for four or five days.

Perhaps a slight improvement, but not much. I was ready to either toss the figure, or use it as a "grease stained" mechanic or something.

I rinsed off the dried peroxide, coated it again, and set it aside for about three weeks. The next time I checked, the once deep black stains were gone other than a few faint traces.

I did not seal the fig in a bag. I set it on a shelf out of direct sun and tried to forget about it. It took three weeks or more for the stains to mostly disappear.

After powdering and a bit more time, the fig looks normal again.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know that you need to resort to benzoyl peroxide just yet. Wash it good, set it aside, leave it for a few days (say 3), check on it. It might be all good. If not, wash it again and check. If not, leave it for a few more days and repeat. Only if that fails would I resort to something more aggressive. Also, do remember to apply protective powder after each wash.

csyeung

csyeung
I would wait some time, I had some similar stains and over time they dispersed. I don't know if massaging it works hehe, but I'd wait a week or two and see if it lightens up.

I've never used the benzoyl peroxide on the silicone before, only on plastic parts. For Benzoyl peroxide on plastic, you need to double check the content in the acne creme as they come in 5% and 10%. The higher content works faster, but like davidd says, you need to put it in sunlight to help activate it and may need to do a few times. Again I've only done this on plastic parts. Also the benzoyl peroxide will also lighten paint apps if you do it on a piece that has it.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So, the staining has seemed to work it’s way out, or at least diminish to the point where it’s not really visible upon inspection, however it is still *slightly* there if you’re really looking for it. I think maybe one more wash and rinse might do the trick.

Alas, her motorcycle did arrive a week or so back, but I’ve been too preoccupied trying to hunt down some other action figures over the past few weeks to really give her any attention. I opened the motorcycle up last night and decided to put Cameron’s orange bikini back on (which seems to be her favorite! Laughing ) so she could pose and match along side her new orange and silver motorcycle. I did buy some satin black paint as I do plan on painting it black! (“I see an orange bike and I want to paint in black!”)

Here are some pics for now:
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Cba03d10
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 68e92010
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 7ced1810
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 463b9310
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 C0f8a710
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Ae1e2d10
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 D9ebf410New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 C419c410

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
But... if you paint it black, wouldn't you ruin the match? Or do you have black clothing planned for her? And I got the song reference. Anyway, I'm glad the stain has receded and that you are expanding your collection.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:But... if you paint it black, wouldn't you ruin the match? Or do you have black clothing planned for her? And I got the song reference. Anyway, I'm glad the stain has receded and that you are expanding your collection.

Indeed, I do have her a black top and bottom (undies/swimwear but whatever! Ha!), but I think her red and black racing suit will work better with a black bike over an orange one.

Yeah, I’ll probably give her another rinse before I change her into the motorcycle clothing, just to be safe.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Tommy looks great all suited up, even if the suit obscure the glorious musculature.
Oh, but we know it's there. Wink

So, after reading shazzdan’s budget action figure thread (link here), it occurred to me that I am probably going to try to find a non-seamless figure to solely use for the Ghostbusters kitbash, since any and all seams/joints will be fully covered no matter the pose. After all, what’s the sense in covering up all the glory of these incredibly sculpted figures?!? Lol! I just need to find one comparable from M31 up to M33 in terms of height and mass, worrying much less about the physique/muscular build. The body will definitely need to be compatible with the standard male head sculpt socket. Also, as informative as the budget thread is, I’ve never used Aliexpress and wasn’t intending to, so does anyone else have a suggestion of a best price for purchase? Giantoy, eBay or otherwise? I mean, I guess I could try Aliexpress, but have heard horror stories about low quality knockoffs. I don’t mind knockoffs so much, but the quality has to be there!

— — — —

So, what have I done or ordered lately? Well for starters, I finally picked up the one very item that caught my eye from the start, the sole kit that kickstarted my passion for seamless 1/6 scale figures, the Mr. Toys Barbarian (He-Man) 1/6 accessory kit. It arrived today, so expect some pics soon. Before I pulled the trigger on that kit (thanks holiday bonus check! Laughing) I had begun to make my own barbarian/viking/primitive warrior type of character. I picked up a lot of loose 1/6 primitive weapons from evilBay, which should be in soon. I also placed an order at Toy Anxiety (why I didn’t do this during the BF/CM sales are beyond me! LOL) for some various weapons and clothing for the custom bash, which also arrived today. A couple items from that order came from the Barbarian Soul figure, but also a fur lined cloak/cape from some Game of Thrones character. I hope the cape isn’t too short, as it came from a female figure and is a bit on the shorter side to begin with. I may try to invert it to make the fur on the outside as opposed to the inside, so hoping it isn’t too short or might look off… stay tuned, and expect some photos of my latest arrivals soon.

Not much else has been happening on my end. I did get the packing/shipping boxes for my 2 Hot Toys figures from the attic and brought them down (where they will stay!) so I could change their posing and accessories. I swore that I had lost one of the Joker’s props in the last move, but (not) surprisingly had placed it back into the pieces/parts tray inside the box, so that was a small win. I removed his overcoat, swapped hands and added his cane. I decided to pose him like one of the original 1989 Joker press photos!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Ca7cf710

Then I swapped over Batman’s look back to the ending scene where Bruce rips off the cowl to try to persuade Selina to end the madness. Very fitting look given the NECA 1/4 scale Catwoman figure is behind him, and NECA even had her alternate head sculpt attached, which is from the same scene the HT Batman is currently depicting.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 35284410
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 5a2e9910

As far as what’s up for the future, I’ve gotten the itch to finally pick up a new seamless female body. I mean 3’s company, but 4’s a crowd (plus they can double-date!) right? Even after reading the stainless bodies index thread, I’m having a hard time deciding which female I want next. Part of me loves the overall appearance of S21B, but S23B has an impressive athletic definition that I can’t stay away from looking at. Then again, S25B has a similar athletic build, but is also on the shorter side like my S29B, so not entirely sure as I wanted a “taller” female than what I have (but also don’t mind the “shortness” of S29B!) I’m afraid with S21B or S23B, I’ll end up running into a lot of the same issues I’ve been having with S29 in terms of the diameter of both her thighs and hips (too large for a lot of “standard” clothing options) so that thought has crossed my mind… decisions, decisions!!!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice figures, Steven. As for your other dilemma, there is a wide array of hard plastic open-jointed bodies you can use. The old rule of thumb was that Hot Toys True Type base bodies are the best, but I think they have stopped making them, and that was a long time ago anyway. By now there are different bodies (some inspired by them) that can be as good, maybe better. World Box produces very sturdy bodies -- they can literally take a hammer to them -- on the other hand, if you happen to get one with a loose ankle peg or something, it can be very unstable. I have had decent experience with Coo Model bodies and DAM bodies (of which there is now a new type, also decent), but again, this can all depend on the individual body you happen to get. ArtFigures bodies can be on the bulkier side, if that's what you are looking for. They are sometimes a bit more stylized, but that wouldn't show if you are covering it up completely. We also have a thread somewhere in which Ovy compares different bodies of this type with each other, which might be helpful.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Regarding Aliexpress -- I do agree that you have to be careful on there, but a lot of the 1/6 sellers on that site are *also* the same sellers on ebay...a few even have the same names. Others are the same shops but with different names on each platform. So, the 1/6 scale stuff on there is probably more or less the same quality as on ebay. I typically only buy on Aliexpress if the items are significantly cheaper. But even then, you still have to be careful because sometimes AliExpress tacks on extra shipping costs. So definitely take your time on there and wait until you put it in your cart and see the final price before deciding if it's worth it. Also, if it's a larger/more expensive item, there's more of a chance of it turning out to be 'out of stock' and then they will try to convince you to take a different item of the same price. So I'd only use AliExpress for smaller/cheaper items, OR if you do find something pricier on there that isn't available elsewhere, bear in mind it might be too good to be true and make sure to enquire about its availability with the seller first. Aliexpress also has reviews, so you can check those too. I've had mixed experiences on AliExpress, but honestly they haven't been all that much worse than ebay --- when it comes to 1/6 stuff, at least. Most of the smaller things I've bought there (heads, clothing, accessories, etc) have been absolutely fine. I've only had trouble with a couple of larger purchases (Mr. Z horses that turned out to not be in-stock).

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice figures, Steven. As for your other dilemma, there is a wide array of hard plastic open-jointed bodies you can use. The old rule of thumb was that Hot Toys True Type base bodies are the best, but I think they have stopped making them, and that was a long time ago anyway. By now there are different bodies (some inspired by them) that can be as good, maybe better. World Box produces very sturdy bodies -- they can literally take a hammer to them -- on the other hand, if you happen to get one with a loose ankle peg or something, it can be very unstable. I have had decent experience with Coo Model bodies and DAM bodies (of which there is now a new type, also decent), but again, this can all depend on the individual body you happen to get. ArtFigures bodies can be on the bulkier side, if that's what you are looking for. They are sometimes a bit more stylized, but that wouldn't show if you are covering it up completely. We also have a thread somewhere in which Ovy compares different bodies of this type with each other, which might be helpful.

Yeah, it took me awhile to find it through the search feature, but it’s here. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Thanks GF (and @Ovy)!

skywalkersaga wrote:Regarding Aliexpress -- I do agree that you have to be careful on there, but a lot of the 1/6 sellers on that site are *also* the same sellers on ebay...a few even have the same names. Others are the same shops but with different names on each platform. So, the 1/6 scale stuff on there is probably more or less the same quality as on ebay. I typically only buy on Aliexpress if the items are significantly cheaper. But even then, you still have to be careful because sometimes AliExpress tacks on extra shipping costs. So definitely take your time on there and wait until you put it in your cart and see the final price before deciding if it's worth it. Also, if it's a larger/more expensive item, there's more of a chance of it turning out to be 'out of stock' and then they will try to convince you to take a different item of the same price. So I'd only use AliExpress for smaller/cheaper items, OR if you do find something pricier on there that isn't available elsewhere, bear in mind it might be too good to be true and make sure to enquire about its availability with the seller first. Aliexpress also has reviews, so you can check those too. I've had mixed experiences on AliExpress, but honestly they haven't been all that much worse than ebay --- when it comes to 1/6 stuff, at least. Most of the smaller things I've bought there (heads, clothing, accessories, etc) have been absolutely fine. I've only had trouble with a couple of larger purchases (Mr. Z horses that turned out to not be in-stock).

Yea, I’ve been down that “out of stock” or “broken, wait for vendor to re-ship” road before and it’s quite aggravating! I think I’m gonna search eBay first, at least to narrow down my search of what specific body I want to use, then go find him wherever I can find the best shipped to me price. Thanks skywalkersaga!

Now to continue narrowing down my next seamless female body……

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I was so excited that the Mr. Toys barbarian accessory set arrived, I didn’t even bother messing with the few pieces that came in for my custom kit bash. (Not to mention I’m still waiting on a few more other pieces for that one to arrive.) The fur-lined cape is probably not gonna work for what I had in mind as it is clearly too small for any male figure, but I’ll deal with that down the road. Maybe I’ll use it for a future female barbarian character… we’ll see.

As far as the Mr. Toys accessory set, I was blown away at the start by the packaging itself. Very nice graphics and presentation. I also forgot just how much time it takes to get these figures clothed and accessorized… which took me an hour or more! Unfortunately, I did run into one piece on the chest strap plate that broke off, which was totally my fault as only 2 of the 4 snaps were supposed to be used and I snapped off a piece of the chest plate next to a strap that was glued down. Thankfully, it wasn’t anything that a small dab of super glue couldn’t fix.

I also ran into the same issue that I had with the brown shoes in the past, in that the body’s foot pegs are just too big (or the shoes/boots peg holes are too small) so in order for him to stay on his own, he needed the aide of a figure stand. Lastly, the little “J” hook on the back of the chest plate was barely big enough to hold the sword sheath on without the cape, and it broke off after I wrestled with it while the cape was on. I’ll try to devise some type of updated sheath holding hook, but for now he’s holding the sword so the sheath just went back into the box.

I know these are “He-Man” in his stock form, but even with the small issues I faced, I’m still highly impressed with how well this kit looks when it all comes together over M34. I stayed up way too late posing and shooting this guy.

I’m not even that big of a He Man and the Masters of the Universe fan, but so far this is my favorite setup that I own. I do hope the somewhat tightly fitting accessories don’t imprint or damage the TPE/flesh material, so probably gonna remove all of this in the near future.

Here are some pics.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 B922ef10
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 9be51d10
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 35ea9a10
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 0759f210
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 08048510New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 687be210
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 C5eef710
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 Da263910
“I have the POWAAAAA!!”

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad you finally received He-Man and are happy with the figure, even with having experienced these frustrations putting it together. Reading them made me look up my review (HERE) and I see that these same things caused me concern, too, although nothing broke or didn't work in the end. As for the boots, remember to use a hair dryer to soften the hard plastic parts. That should allow your TBLeague body's foot pegs to go on properly. There might still be some balance issues, because the recommended M35 is the heftiest body and has a high center of gravity.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad you like him! I think he turned out well, too. I gave the Conan version to my husband for Christmas two years ago, and he loved it (still has it on display). Wish I could get a parted-out He-Man headsculpt from this set, as it would be perfect for a 'bash I have in mind.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 5 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Glad you like him! I think he turned out well, too. I gave the Conan version to my husband for Christmas two years ago, and he loved it (still has it on display). Wish I could get a parted-out He-Man headsculpt from this set, as it would be perfect for a 'bash I have in mind.

Not seeing any on eBay right now. As I've learned the hard way, it's often difficult to find a head once the parting out widow recedes into the past -- I've seen them on eBay and the usual part out haunts, but not now.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Glad you like him! I think he turned out well, too. I gave the Conan version to my husband for Christmas two years ago, and he loved it (still has it on display). Wish I could get a parted-out He-Man headsculpt from this set, as it would be perfect for a 'bash I have in mind.

Not seeing any on eBay right now. As I've learned the hard way, it's often difficult to find a head once the parting out widow recedes into the past -- I've seen them on eBay and the usual part out haunts, but not now.

Yeah, sadly I gave up looking for a parted-out one. Only option would be to get the full set, and I'm just not in the mood to do that at this point. Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, sadly I gave up looking for a parted-out one. Only option would be to get the full set, and I'm just not in the mood to do that at this point. Razz

Understandable. I saw it overpriced, but I also saw it for $108, which is only about $8 more than it was originally, which is something these days.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234270217488?hash=item368b97d510:g:Z8IAAOSwo~Jhg3YA

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad you finally received He-Man and are happy with the figure, even with having experienced these frustrations putting it together. Reading them made me look up my review (HERE) and I see that these same things caused me concern, too, although nothing broke or didn't work in the end. As for the boots, remember to use a hair dryer to soften the hard plastic parts. That should allow your TBLeague body's foot pegs to go on properly. There might still be some balance issues, because the recommended M35 is the heftiest body and has a high center of gravity.

Yeah, I probably should have seeked out your review before I tackled the installation. I, too, was disappointed in the lack of instructions. Like, who’da thunk you’d need instructions for a cape or sheath, lol! As far as the hairdryer trick, I’ll try that next and see if I can’t get the boots to snap in. Now I wish I would have ordered him sooner, as I saw the chest piece on Toy Anxiety not too long ago, and of course it’s gone now… because it would have been ideal to just replace the chest piece with a new, unbroken one.

Yeah, when I found photos of this figure before I got into this hobby, I too saw the Conan set and would have liked to get that one as well. Unfortunately, the Conan set appears to be sold out everywhere, except the one on evilBay that’s over double, almost triple the retail price. I’m glad I was able to find this one, and at retail price. And as mentioned above, Toy Anxiety broke this same kit down not too long ago, but only a few pieces remain today, with the head sculpt not being one of them.

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good.

Thank you. I like to think so as well.

GubernatorFan wrote:

I learned this from dealing with Hot Toys figures. If you see something and like it, it’s probably a good idea to buy it when you see it (finances pending) because it’ll likely be gone, and be gone for good.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
skywalkersaga wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Yeah, sadly I gave up looking for a parted-out one. Only option would be to get the full set, and I'm just not in the mood to do that at this point. Razz

Yeah I found it for retail ($99) plus $9 shipping from a vendor in the US. And oddly enough, this was the last thing I ordered yet the first to arrive!

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, sadly I gave up looking for a parted-out one. Only option would be to get the full set, and I'm just not in the mood to do that at this point. Razz

Understandable. I saw it overpriced, but I also saw it for $108, which is only about $8 more than it was originally, which is something these days.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234270217488?hash=item368b97d510:g:Z8IAAOSwo~Jhg3YA

Agreed. The Conan set is like $280 last I looked, yet the He-Man is very close to retail. I guess it’s easy to see which one was more popular…

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum