OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:I haven’t seen that one yet (about to go look) but I was rather impressed by the Natalie Portman sculpt. What’s even more insane is I thought the original paint app looked great until I saw a photo of one that was repainted! It looked even more lifelike!

I have them in a couple of places. Look here, post 1:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t127-barbie-debarbiefied-continuously-updated?highlight=barbie+debarbiefied

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

collectorofmany

collectorofmany wrote:So... I did a thing... Laughing
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 95cb8110
Stay tuned...

So, just like my Kimi Toys head sculpt (and as posted in the thread devoted to this “practice”) the seller replied back saying it’s out of stock and will be in later next week. Asking if I wanted another body type as a replacement or to wait. It’s like, no I wanted this exact body and not interested in anything else, so I cancelled the order. Also, this specific seller was who I bought my M34 from (simplehappylife) who have been pretty good at stocking items. Sadly I will need to go elsewhere.

I find it highly aggravating that stores are listing items as in stock, only to be told it’s not. Like keep better track of your inventory FFS!!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:So, just like my Kimi Toys head sculpt (and as posted in the thread devoted to this “practice”) the seller replied back saying it’s out of stock and will be in later next week. Asking if I wanted another body type as a replacement or to wait. It’s like, no I wanted this exact body and not interested in anything else, so I cancelled the order. Also, this specific seller was who I bought my M34 from (simplehappylife) who have been pretty good at stocking items. Sadly I will need to go elsewhere.

I find it highly aggravating that stores are listing items as in stock, only to be told it’s not. Like keep better track of your inventory FFS!!

I have a long history of using simplehappylife, and always been happy with them. In this instance, I would take it at face value. Which does not mean that you should not seek this product from another seller. Try Giantoy -- they should have these (or have them soon, as at one point recently they ran out of stock).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

collectorofmany

GubernatorFan wrote:
I have a long history of using simplehappylife, and always been happy with them. In this instance, I would take it at face value. Which does not mean that you should not seek this product from another seller. Try Giantoy -- they should have these (or have them soon, as at one point recently they ran out of stock).

Yeah, so far I’ve had nothing but pleasurable dealings with them! Agreed that this was probably just a fluke (that or maybe they’re sharing inventory with another offshoot company?)...

As far as Giantoy, I had initially intended to use them for my next body purchase, but there’s always the wait time to consider. Do they have a US based warehouse or does their product ship from Asia? There’s nothing like the satisfaction of receiving an order as soon as physically possible after placing it. I sure wish there was a local outlet I could walk out with it in hand after buying...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:Yeah, so far I’ve had nothing but pleasurable dealings with them! Agreed that this was probably just a fluke (that or maybe they’re sharing inventory with another offshoot company?)...

As far as Giantoy, I had initially intended to use them for my next body purchase, but there’s always the wait time to consider. Do they have a US based warehouse or does their product ship from Asia? There’s nothing like the satisfaction of receiving an order as soon as physically possible after placing it. I sure wish there was a local outlet I could walk out with it in hand after buying...

The "local" eBay sellers I have been using are one foot here, one foot there, at best. Or at least their stock is. Giantoy is there and not pretending otherwise. Provided they have it back in stock, it is (usually!) a pretty fast turnaround.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So, in the end I found him on Amazon (with 2 day shipping!!) for less than it would have been on eBay, but alas a bit more than Giantoy. However, I don’t mind ponying up a bit more to have the item in hand come Monday.

But I did create an account on Giantoy and will definitely use them in the future (probably for the next female body I order—still not sure if I want the S25 [or a different style] at this time.... decisions, decisions!)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:So, in the end I found him on Amazon (with 2 day shipping!!) for less than it would have been on eBay, but alas a bit more than Giantoy. However, I don’t mind ponying up a bit more to have the item in hand come Monday.

But I did create an account on Giantoy and will definitely use them in the future (probably for the next female body I order—still not sure if I want the S25 [or a different style] at this time.... decisions, decisions!)

Patience is not one of my many virtues, either. You do not have to create an account with Giantoy if you pay by PayPal. But anyway. Oh, and yes, you do want the S25B. Smile

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So, the motorcycle helmet came in today and at first glance it looked to be overall too big for her, and may be better suited for Tommy. Upon trying it on him first, his molded hair almost didn’t clear the bottom of the helmet. I essentially had to slightly squeeze the helmet to clear his head. Naturally, I tried it on Cameron next and it was indeed slightly oversized for her as it sat too low, however a small piece of thin foam (which was actually what Toy Anxiety shipped the sunglasses in) wedged between her HS and the helmet made an almost PERFECT fit!! See for yourself...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 635b0410
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 9c4aaf10

- - - - -

The Egon figure (long story short, first seller sat around for over a week and never updated the status aside from its in storage and would take “a couple days” so I canceled and went elsewhere—for cheaper at that!) also arrived today, so I immediately unboxed him and stripped him of his clothing and accessories.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 Fb387a10

The fit was a little snug on the M34 frame, but not too overly tight. Maybe if I left the black T-Shirt off there would be a bit more slack, but the T-Shirt is a must in the aesthetic. I ended up throwing the gray scaled gloves (which need to be black) over the stock TBL hands as the Blitzway single gloved hand I bought extended the forearm out too far and it just looked off in my opinion, so I’m probably going to dye them or use fabric markers to change them to black unless I can find a scaled pair of black gloves. I also popped on the Sideshow “Lobo” elbow pads, that will need to be painted gray. Also still need to figure out his boot arrangements as I ended up just popping the feet off and stuffing them into the hollow Mattel boots for these photos.

Here’s a couple quick pictures...New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 77ab9810New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 7567fa10

Overall I’m pretty satisfied with both of today’s arrivals!

BAMComix

BAMComix
The helmet looks fantastic bounce bounce A does your Ghostbuster cheers cheers

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
collectorofmany wrote:Yeah, so far I’ve had nothing but pleasurable dealings with them! Agreed that this was probably just a fluke (that or maybe they’re sharing inventory with another offshoot company?)...

The "local" eBay sellers I have been using are one foot here, one foot there, at best. Or at least their stock is. Giantoy is there and not pretending otherwise. Provided they have it back in stock, it is (usually!) a pretty fast turnaround.

I am located in the UK, so perhaps this is not helpful, but I actually find GianToy to have one of the fastest shipping times of any of the Asian sellers (other than perhaps a few of the ones in Hong Kong). I get my shipments from them within 5-7 working days (so, about a week to a week and half at most, sometimes even less). Even during the worst of the pandemic times, their shipping was still fairly quick. It may vary for the US, however.

Personally, I find ordering from GianToy to be very reassuring because they have excellent customer service. I don't always trust a faceless random seller on ebay, but I feel I can trust GianToy if there's any issues with the product. And when it comes to tbleague bodies, at least, they have the best prices. I will often order things like clothing and accessories from random ebay sellers, but for bodies, I almost never use anyone other than GianToy nowadays.

ETA: Meant to add that your Ghostbuster looks awesome!!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The helmet looks good on her. That’s pretty much what MC helmets look like on someone with no clothes on (like a semi-bobble head). Once geared up properly, it’s not nearly as noticeable.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Yeah, the helmet looks great.You might want to trim the foam a bit though.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
BAMComix wrote:The helmet looks fantastic bounce bounce  A does your Ghostbuster cheers cheers

Thanks BAM! I think they both look good too, myself!

skywalkersaga wrote:I am located in the UK, so perhaps this is not helpful, but I actually find GianToy to have one of the fastest shipping times of any of the Asian sellers (other than perhaps a few of the ones in Hong Kong). I get my shipments from them within 5-7 working days (so, about a week to a week and half at most, sometimes even less). Even during the worst of the pandemic times, their shipping was still fairly quick. It may vary for the US, however.

Personally, I find ordering from GianToy to be very reassuring because they have excellent customer service. I don't always trust a faceless random seller on ebay, but I feel I can trust GianToy if there's any issues with the product. And when it comes to tbleague bodies, at least, they have the best prices. I will often order things like clothing and accessories from random ebay sellers, but for bodies, I almost never use anyone other than GianToy nowadays.

ETA: Meant to add that your Ghostbuster looks awesome!!

Thanks skywalkersaga! I do plan on using GianToy at some point, which is the main reason I created an account over there, plus they have a rewards system so that’s always appreciated! As far as timing, I’ll just need to order something and see how long it takes to make it to the southeast US.

Stryker2011 wrote:The helmet looks good on her. That’s pretty much what MC helmets look like on someone with no clothes on (like a semi-bobble head). Once geared up properly, it’s not nearly as noticeable.

For sure! I used to ride with a full face helmet, and they are indeed larger than the general populous thinks they are, so I think this one scales pretty nicely with the S29 when it’s all said and done.

TravelGuide wrote:Yeah, the helmet looks great.You might want to trim the foam a bit though.

I intend to not only trim it a bit, but also want to maybe adhere it to the helmet, just not sure which type of adhesive I want to use. Not sure if a double-sided tape will work better than a type of liquid glue or not. We shall see.

— — —

I received the M33 body in on Monday, but was too busy to break into it. I ended up opening it last night and put those Larry Bird shorts (they were overall too big for Cameron) and black A-shirt on the body while I wait for his head sculpt to arrive. Sadly it’s coming from China, so no telling when it will actually get here. I’ll wait to post photos until that time. I thought it was interesting that this body included both ankle and wrist covers (and of course hands/feet/genitals) but no undies. I suppose this is one of those that dropped that accessory over time. This body also included what I believe to be GF’s favorite, those goofy looking leg extenders. Laughing But I will say that as much as I like the M34 body, one can’t help but appreciate the M33 just a smidge more as his less-bulkiness allows for easier addition/removal of clothing. Not to mention a wider range of clothing seem it will better fit the M33 over the M34. Now, to see what my wife says about him when she gets back from Florida later today! Question

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:I received the M33 body in on Monday, but was too busy to break into it. I ended up opening it last night and put those Larry Bird shorts (they were overall too big for Cameron) and black A-shirt on the body while I wait for his head sculpt to arrive. Sadly it’s coming from China, so no telling when it will actually get here. I’ll wait to post photos until that time. I thought it was interesting that this body included both ankle and wrist covers (and of course hands/feet/genitals) but no undies. I suppose this is one of those that dropped that accessory over time. This body also included what I believe to be GF’s favorite, those goofy looking leg extenders. Laughing But I will say that as much as I like the M34 body, one can’t help but appreciate the M33 just a smidge more as his less-bulkiness allows for easier addition/removal of clothing. Not to mention a wider range of clothing seem it will better fit the M33 over the M34. Now, to see what my wife says about him when she gets back from Florida later today! Question

What's she going to say? Once you put the Paul Walker head on him you might have serious competition for her affection, that's what she's going to say. Wink Look around in the box and baggy again, there should be black shorts with a sort of white trim on the waistband. Unless the factory messed up when packing up the set. As for the ankle extenders, unless you're going to commit to a permanent look always obscuring the ankle area, don't even try putting these on. They are extremely difficult to remove. I tried once and learned my lesson. Never again! Smile

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:What's she going to say? Once you put the Paul Walker head on him you might have serious competition for her affection, that's what she's going to say. Wink Look around in the box and baggy again, there should be black shorts with a sort of white trim on the waistband. Unless the factory messed up when packing up the set. As for the ankle extenders, unless you're going to commit to a permanent look always obscuring the ankle area, don't even try putting these on. They are extremely difficult to remove. I tried once and learned my lesson. Never again! Smile

It’s funny. She has to have seen the head-less figure standing next to Cameron, yet she didn’t mention anything about it... yet! Laughing

And nope, it seems everything was included in the box with the exception of the black trunks. I don’t know if I should reach out to the Amazon seller or just leave it be. It’s not like I don’t have enough undies for the guys at this point.

I have no intention to use the ankle extenders... so no worries there.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 3cbe4710
Here is a pic of Tommy in his Ghostbusters uniform along with a portion of my Ghostbusters collection...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 59b37a10
And here is a photo of M33 with Cameron lurking in the background in her red getup (although the colors aren’t quite matching.) I ended up having to cut the stockings off the ruffled undies since they wouldn’t fit her quite thick thighs.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Tommy looks great all suited up, even if the suit obscure the glorious musculature.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Tommy looks great all suited up, even if the suit obscure the glorious musculature.
Oh, but we know it's there. Wink

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Tommy looks great all suited up, even if the suit obscure the glorious musculature.

Agreed! I’ve actually removed Tommy out of the flight suit and re-clothed M33 in it for preparation of installing his head sculpt (which came in the mail today!)

Diana wrote:
Oh, but we know it's there. Wink

That we do!! Wink

— — — —

To bring everyone up to speed, I guess Toy Anxiety was sold out of the black “mermaid” gown so I ended up with a refund on that, so will definitely need to find something else for those formal outings...

As far as the racing suit, I used an exacto knife and carefully cut the boots off of the suit. From that point, I was able to squeeze her into it! I’m kinda surprised how unfriendly this S29 body is to clothing! You’d think she’d be alright as she’s not that big, but in the end I was able to get her into it..... mostly into it! Laughing Unfortunately, her “mid bust” is just too large for the front zipper to fully close (and what’s the fun in that anyway?!) I did notice that whatever the black material is used around the zipper easily flakes off into tiny pieces, as you can see in the photos below, it seemed to like to stick to the flesh of the figure. Once I disrobe her from this outfit, I plan on a thorough cleansing and re-powdering of her body (as I just did for Tommy in preparation of his Toy Center CENM08 clothing set, which also arrived today!) Sadly this suit is so tight on her body, movement is severely hampered, especially the arms and mid-section. When wearing this she will be relegated to pretty much this standing pose.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 21ffb310
As you can see, those tiny black particles love to stick to her flesh. I’ll probably try to remove as much of it off the suit as I can after I take it off next time. For now I just claim that it’s dirt and grime from her racing!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 5a096410
As always, here is a black clipped version... I still need to trim the padding in the helmet. This was merely a test fit.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 39ab2c10
And another in white.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 B8798010
Lastly a slight close-up... Now it’s time to order her up a motorcycle (and some motorcycle boots!)

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
As stated prior, both the M33 head sculpt and clothing set for M34 arrived yesterday so I decided to throw them on...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 D03c6a10

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 836e9410
As you can see, the GB flight suit fits the M33 body way better than the M34. I also didn’t realize how similar the Paul head sculpt looks compared to the one on Tommy. From a distance, one looks like the others “body double” (but a bit more bulked up!)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 35be1810

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 18a3d010

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 5543b410
I think the Toy Center set is pretty decent, if not slightly tight (jeans) on the M34. I’m sure these jeans work a bit better on the M33, but on Tommy they’re “skinny” jeans. (It’s crazy how slowly you must work these on!) I also typically layer bottom clothing (for realism) but they’re so tight I didn’t bother with underwear or genitals for my own sanity during installation. I meant to note that I bulked up his neck slightly with some thin foam I had laying around, but might need to take a little out as it’s a bit thicker than anticipated.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 C72bd410
Sadly the included brown shoes’ ankle joint peg holes are slightly undersized, so not only did they not want to pop in or stay on, but I suspect this might be a knockoff since it’s advertised as being compatible with TBL figures...

BAMComix

BAMComix
He looks fantastic mate!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They are coming along nicely. The neck looks pretty good, actually, from what you show. Did you try to heat up the shoes thoroughly with a hair dryer?

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
BAMComix wrote:He looks fantastic mate!

Thank you! They’re getting there, that’s for sure!

GubernatorFan wrote:They are coming along nicely. The neck looks pretty good, actually, from what you show. Did you try to heat up the shoes thoroughly with a hair dryer?

Thanks! I did not try any other method outside of trying to shove them on. I’ll either try to soak them in hot water or trying a hair dryer or heat gun to see if that will help the joints slip on.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just use a hair dryer. Smile Hot water you have to wipe and dry.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Just use a hair dryer. Smile Hot water you have to wipe and dry.

I thought the hair dryer worked at first, but they easily fell off. After closer inspection it appears that the brown shoes cavity isn’t as deep as the flesh feet nor the black Nikes I kitbashed...

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 Cd4e3e10
Clearly you can see the hole diameter is too small compared to the others.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 Ae7a2e10
I try to illustrate the difference in depth but it’s hard to photograph.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 79a97510
Little bit better view...

Is there any way to maybe drill this out deeper and it still pop into place? The thought immediately comes to mind of finding a metal ball of a similar size that I could heat up real good and press into the hole to enlarge it by slightly melting in a deeper one.

Has anyone run into this before? Any decent solutions?

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Hi, regarding the ankle peg, maybe you can check out what AFM did in the link, 1st post, last two pics,
where he transplanted the white sockets of the TBL feet to the desired feet/shoes,
that is if you don't mind cutting up the TBL feet and that your figure will end up a bit taller.
I also did that when i connected my Worldbox body to Crazy Toys boots which are totally incompatible.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3975-a-journey-to-a-spider-man-m32-tbleague-body-swap-step-by-step-work-in-progress

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
rollotomasi wrote:Hi, regarding the ankle peg, maybe you can check out what AFM did in the link, 1st post, last two pics,
where he transplanted the white sockets of the TBL feet to the desired feet/shoes,
that is if you don't mind cutting up the TBL feet and that your figure will end up a bit taller.
I also did that when i connected my Worldbox body to Crazy Toys boots which are totally incompatible.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3975-a-journey-to-a-spider-man-m32-tbleague-body-swap-step-by-step-work-in-progress

That’s actually not a bad idea... would just need to buy another pair of feet, as I don’t want to alter the only ones I have for my figures. Thanks for the tip and link!!

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Not too much in the way of updates since my last reply, but I’ve ordered and received a few pieces to help push the Ghostbusters cosplay a little further in the accuracy department...

The first of these was updating the rubbery plastic molded pistol/web belt from the original Mattel figure with a DID WWII Medic “grommeted” web belt from Zhukov’s Attic. This is a much more authentic belt with it being fabric/metal. Not to mention this is actually the style belt they used for the original movie costumes.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 25c10e10
It was reasonably priced and arrived in good time. Way better than the Mattel belt for sure!

Next, I pulled the trigger on some other smaller detail pieces for the GB costume that I’ve been eyeing ever since I asked about kitbash-friendly vendors, and that came in the way of parted-out Blitzway pieces from MachineGun Figures in France. I was hesitant because of the price (I spent a little more than I would have preferred—don’t we all!? Laughing) but also was weary of the shipping charges/lead times. MachineGun was literally the last vendor I was able to find any partout pieces from the Blitzway sets, so am happy to be able to upgrade my radio, holster and belt gizmo, while also adding the Seiko digital wrist watch and a Ghostbusters logo’d stand/base.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 325bc010
The detail Blitzway put into these is incredible.

I’ll try to get a new shot of the ‘buster in the updated gear soon.

Until next time.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice pieces, coming together very effectively. Would you believe it, something like this belt was also in Star Wars, and I had to make a point of finding it for my Imperial Mechanical Crew (or rather his rebel counterpart). I'm not sure I want to know where that tube is coming from but it looks just right. Smile Blitzway does do some pretty amazing work, at equally amazing prices...

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice pieces, coming together very effectively. Would you believe it, something like this belt was also in Star Wars, and I had to make a point of finding it for my Imperial Mechanical Crew (or rather his rebel counterpart).

I appreciate it. I’d like to think so myself as well.. and I’m not surprised there’s a similar belt in the SW universe.

GubernatorFan wrote: I'm not sure I want to know where that tube is coming from but it looks just right. Smile Blitzway does do some pretty amazing work, at equally amazing prices...

Haha! Yeah, supposedly it was a joke in of itself... being “scared the piss out of” but just added to the greeblies of the costume, but it’s accurate to the film! Laughing Blitzway just knocked it out on these and I’m upset I didn’t at least buy one of the four when they were available way back when. Oh, well.

I ended up removing the Mattel pieces and put the Blitzway in their place.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 32207510
Inner are Mattel and outer are Blitzway. Vast difference in both scale and detail.

Took a couple quick pics of the ‘buster (see what I did there?!? Laughing)

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 C3e30610
Not too bad. Sadly the glue that holds the smaller “daughterboard” of the belt gizmo to its metal clip separated, so it presently can’t attach to the belt. I need to track down a good metal adhesive.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 4 E5ac3410
I still need to paint the elbow pads (and dye the gloves black) and have already bought 2 acrylic gray paints and black rit dye. Just need to set a time and do it.

Until next time...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum