OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Glad you like him! I think he turned out well, too. I gave the Conan version to my husband for Christmas two years ago, and he loved it (still has it on display). Wish I could get a parted-out He-Man headsculpt from this set, as it would be perfect for a 'bash I have in mind.

Not seeing any on eBay right now. As I've learned the hard way, it's often difficult to find a head once the parting out widow recedes into the past -- I've seen them on eBay and the usual part out haunts, but not now.

Yeah, sadly I gave up looking for a parted-out one. Only option would be to get the full set, and I'm just not in the mood to do that at this point. Razz

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, sadly I gave up looking for a parted-out one. Only option would be to get the full set, and I'm just not in the mood to do that at this point. Razz

Understandable. I saw it overpriced, but I also saw it for $108, which is only about $8 more than it was originally, which is something these days.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234270217488?hash=item368b97d510:g:Z8IAAOSwo~Jhg3YA

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

collectorofmany

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad you finally received He-Man and are happy with the figure, even with having experienced these frustrations putting it together. Reading them made me look up my review (HERE) and I see that these same things caused me concern, too, although nothing broke or didn't work in the end. As for the boots, remember to use a hair dryer to soften the hard plastic parts. That should allow your TBLeague body's foot pegs to go on properly. There might still be some balance issues, because the recommended M35 is the heftiest body and has a high center of gravity.

Yeah, I probably should have seeked out your review before I tackled the installation. I, too, was disappointed in the lack of instructions. Like, who’da thunk you’d need instructions for a cape or sheath, lol! As far as the hairdryer trick, I’ll try that next and see if I can’t get the boots to snap in. Now I wish I would have ordered him sooner, as I saw the chest piece on Toy Anxiety not too long ago, and of course it’s gone now… because it would have been ideal to just replace the chest piece with a new, unbroken one.

skywalkersaga wrote:Glad you like him! I think he turned out well, too. I gave the Conan version to my husband for Christmas two years ago, and he loved it (still has it on display). Wish I could get a parted-out He-Man headsculpt from this set, as it would be perfect for a 'bash I have in mind.

Yeah, when I found photos of this figure before I got into this hobby, I too saw the Conan set and would have liked to get that one as well. Unfortunately, the Conan set appears to be sold out everywhere, except the one on evilBay that’s over double, almost triple the retail price. I’m glad I was able to find this one, and at retail price. And as mentioned above, Toy Anxiety broke this same kit down not too long ago, but only a few pieces remain today, with the head sculpt not being one of them.

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good.

Thank you. I like to think so as well.

GubernatorFan wrote:

Not seeing any on eBay right now. As I've learned the hard way, it's often difficult to find a head once the parting out widow recedes into the past -- I've seen them on eBay and the usual part out haunts, but not now.

I learned this from dealing with Hot Toys figures. If you see something and like it, it’s probably a good idea to buy it when you see it (finances pending) because it’ll likely be gone, and be gone for good.

collectorofmany

skywalkersaga wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Yeah, sadly I gave up looking for a parted-out one. Only option would be to get the full set, and I'm just not in the mood to do that at this point. Razz

Yeah I found it for retail ($99) plus $9 shipping from a vendor in the US. And oddly enough, this was the last thing I ordered yet the first to arrive!

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, sadly I gave up looking for a parted-out one. Only option would be to get the full set, and I'm just not in the mood to do that at this point. Razz

Understandable. I saw it overpriced, but I also saw it for $108, which is only about $8 more than it was originally, which is something these days.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234270217488?hash=item368b97d510:g:Z8IAAOSwo~Jhg3YA

Agreed. The Conan set is like $280 last I looked, yet the He-Man is very close to retail. I guess it’s easy to see which one was more popular…

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for heads-up, GF. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No problem, just in case it helps you.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:As for the boots, remember to use a hair dryer to soften the hard plastic parts. That should allow your TBLeague body's foot pegs to go on properly.

While that method only worked temporarily on the brown dress shoes (the heat allowed it to pop in, but I assume the socket cavity wasn’t deep enough as they fell out shortly thereafter) it worked like a charm for these boots. It didn’t take much heat on them and bam, snapped right into place good and tight!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 9b41ef10

He stands freely! Thanks again for the reminder. Something about a figure stand just takes you out of the element!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:So, the staining has seemed to work it’s way out, or at least diminish to the point where it’s not really visible upon inspection, however it is still *slightly* there if you’re really looking for it. I think maybe one more wash and rinse might do the trick.

Alas, her motorcycle did arrive a week or so back, but I’ve been too preoccupied trying to hunt down some other action figures over the past few weeks to really give her any attention. I opened the motorcycle up last night and decided to put Cameron’s orange bikini back on (which seems to be her favorite! Laughing ) so she could pose and match along side her new orange and silver motorcycle. I did buy some satin black paint as I do plan on painting it black! (“I see an orange bike and I want to paint in black!”)

Here are some pics for now:
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 Cba03d10
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 68e92010
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 7ced1810
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 463b9310
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 C0f8a710
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 Ae1e2d10
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 D9ebf410New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 C419c410

I just heard Mick’s voice.

Not sure how I missed this. Nice bike, and appropriately scaled for her. bounce

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad it worked out with the boots -- I was a bit confused whether you used them or shoes -- so I can't comment on the latter.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Stryker2011 wrote:
collectorofmany wrote:New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 C419c410

I just heard Mick’s voice.

Not sure how I missed this. Nice bike, and appropriately scaled for her. bounce

I appreciate it. It was advertised as 1:6 scale and was about $30 so it was a great score for sure! I remember when I was positioning her body in the “seated” position, I was actually quite surprised how well she fit onto the bike. I suppose that’s a testament to not only it being in the appropriate scale, but the incredible range of motion TBL put into these figures. I still haven’t painted that bike yet. Laughing

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad it worked out with the boots -- I was a bit confused whether you used them or shoes -- so I can't comment on the latter.

Sorry to confuse you. I was referencing an earlier attempt using the brown dress shoes from post #97. Those didn’t seem to work as well as these He-Man boots when using the hair dryer softening method.

— — —

I ended up digging out the box that the Ghostbusters figure came in, to check the seamed body and how compatible it would be to neckless head sculpts. It turns out it’s not that indifferent than other seamed bodies with necks. Sadly, I had to break the Mattel Egon head (horrible sculpt anyway Laughing) off it’s joint, due to Mattel using some proprietary head joint style. Instead of a ball socket, it was more like some bloated disc with a ridge around the middle. Besides the body being a bit skinny (I may need to pad it up some), the only thing that looks like I will need to do is paint match the body’s neck to the Paul Rudd head sculpt. I’ll definitely be checking the painting tutorials on this forum for paint mixing and blending methods! I figure modifying/using what I already have saves me from spending monies that could otherwise go to more kitbashing!

I swapped the Ghostbusters uniform back onto its original body, so I could continue my kitbashed Barbarian utilizing M33. Here’s a sneak peek, since I’m still waiting on and need to order more parts. Not sure which HS I’m gonna use, or if I’m gonna try to find another that’s more fitting. Excuse the horrible photo. It’s on my very messy desk!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 38bbcb10

I was actually worried that the GoT cape would be too small (since it’s for a smaller female, Aria or something), and while it may be too small for M34, I don’t think it’s too bad on M33. Still may go another route on the cape, though…

Until next time…

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've never thought of Paul Walker as a barbarian, but I guess he is (or was) fast and furious, so there you go. Sorry, I couldn't resist. RIP Paul. The custom barbarian is coming along nicely.

csyeung

csyeung
Love that bike! Here's my biker girl I made a few years ago. Always thought about repainting the bike black , but I've kinda grown to like the orange and silver colorway. It's a great bike and great price if you can get it in the states. I think it cost me a little more due to shipping and taxes in canada. I wish NewRay did more 1/6 stuff but I think they are more 1/12 these days.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 Dsc01114

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
csyeung wrote:Love that bike! Here's my biker girl I made a few years ago. Always thought about repainting the bike black , but I've kinda grown to like the orange and silver colorway. It's a great bike and great price if you can get it in the states. I think it cost me a little more due to shipping and taxes in canada. I wish NewRay did more 1/6 stuff but I think they are more 1/12 these days.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 Dsc01114

Very nice biker girl! I love the outfit! Which motorcycle helmet is that? It looks a little less oversized than the one I picked up. I kind of want to do away with the “racing girls” racing suit and upgrade it with something a bit more realistic, and I’ve been eyeballing a female motorcycle suit set I’ve seen a couple times now. As always, I wonder if the sizing will be compatible with S29…

As far as taking the bike apart, a couple months back I attempted this, then realized that some pieces might be glued together, and the couch probably wasn’t the best place to take it apart considering how tiny some of the assembly screws were. I then tightened those coupe screws back and said I’d handle it at a future time, lol! Laughing

csyeung

csyeung
The helmet was readily available back in like 2018 off many ebay sellers. I got one of those deals where i was like the only bidder and got it for super cheap. Ah, those were the days. I think it came in several colors. It has an Aria logo on the side. I can't find it on ebay anymore though. If you search zcwo motorcycle helmet, some pictures come out. I found one on a site, but not sure if it's legit. I think it also came in black white and silver.

The jacket and belt are from the vstoys ada wong locomotive girl set, I grabbed the whole set when it came out as most of the parts were useful. The leather pants was parted out and i think was off an original ada wong from hot toys. Boots off a painkiller jane parted out.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great bike girl, Craig. And NewRay made some really nice, fairly accurate to scale bikes, so I agree.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
So, I found myself in a dilemma regarding feet for Cameron’s sexy leather getup… GFS struck again with her lace up over the knee leather boots (see post here) and instead of spending around $20 shipped for one pair of smaller arched feet (that wouldn’t have worked anyway), I just bought an entirely new body for right at triple that cost which included both sets of feet, all hands and a new body.

While I had originally added a head sculpt and minimal clothing for said figure, I wasn’t 100% certain if I wanted S23B (whose feet would work) or S25B (whose feet had the smaller pegs) because I’ve really been admiring both of those body sculpts (as well as S21B) so for the same price of one body, a head sculpt and undies, I removed the accessories and just picked up both bodies…

That one purchase (my first from Giantoy) brought me from “three’s company” to a “party of five!” Now, I will start looking for a minimum of two female head sculpts to fit S23 & S25. I’m excited to continue expanding my TBLeague family! I figure I’d eventually order S25 as recommended by GF, but was having a hard time deciding so said the heck with it! LOL Laughing

I’m glad I originally tagged this thread NSFW, because her sexy black leather outfit teeters on the edge of the forum policy (by its nature) so I’ll have to hide the photos from automatically displaying… I also finally pulled out a camera that isn’t attached to a phone, and while my phone has a decent camera, nothing compares to a purpose built professional (or in this case, professional/consumer, or pro-sume as I call it) camera.

Of course, she’s missing her boots in these, so keep that in mind…

First is a slo-mo video I shot (only one from my iPhone here) of her spinning on my turntable, this was before I added the sleeves (which took way longer to get up to her abnormally wide elbows, lol!)
“Click for video link”:

Next is the first shot with the Canon D-SLR, which has her sitting on my desk in the shadows of a very dimly lit room (no flash) and I think it came out well considering how dark she actually was at the time.
“Click to see”:

Followed by a similar shot at a slightly different angle where we can see a little more of her. I pulled her a little more forward and out of the shadows to allow some light to hit her upper body/hair.
“Click to see”:

Below was my first attempt at taking a photo of the figure with a screen behind her to simulate the background. As you can see the lighting offset was pretty horrible!
“Click to view”:

I then adjusted the brightness of the monitor to a slightly lower level than above, allowing the light levels to not overpower the subject. I also rotated her a bit to allow the room’s light to hit her. Still not exactly right, tho.
“Click to view“:

More monitor brightness adjustments and the composition appears much better! Part of me thought of mirroring my MacBook’s screen to my big screen TV so I wouldn’t be so limited by my 15” screen size. (I had to put her on her knees to get the shot using my laptop’s smaller screen.)
“Click to view”:

Not too bad overall… I still would like to buy some smaller LED lights to properly light the scene to match the background, though.
“Click to view”:

Now the shopping of two female head sculpts will commence, oh and the waiting game for the bodies to arrive. Now I will finally see just how long Giantoy takes to ship something to my door!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad you are enjoying your new acquisitions. It seems a shame to hide (never mind gag?) her face this way, and I'm getting stressed out just looking at this and thinking "stain bait" -- although, for all I know, this may have been treated in such a way as to preclude staining the head and body, etc.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad you are enjoying your new acquisitions. It seems a shame to hide (never mind gag?) her face this way, and I'm getting stressed out just looking at this and thinking "stain bait" -- although, for all I know, this may have been treated in such a way as to preclude staining the head and body, etc.

I sure hope it doesn’t stain, but that thought did cross my mind. I will probably remove the outfit from her soon and double-check to make sure it didn’t stain, and give her a cleansing and powdering… gotta keep them fresh!

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm getting stressed out just looking at this and thinking "stain bait"

I went ahead and removed everything, and there was only one minuscule spot on her neck from where a small part of the mask had touched. The one-piece suit did not stain whatsoever. Good time for a cleaning….

———

On a separate note, a little while back (shortly after the mermaid gown dress stained her) I may have got her right arm in an out-of-range position, which may have altered her right elbow joint. I was able to get her shoulders/arms properly set/rotated, but her forearm wants to do a karate-chop like motion away from her body. Like there’s tension inside making it swing out. I believe I’ve read that others have had issues specifically with S28/29 regarding their elbows becoming wonky.

If that is my problem, is it possible to pull the arm “flesh” (surrounding the skeleton frame) above the elbow and inspect/fix that hinge/joint, or will it not allow that much range?

I guess I need to research the topic more thoroughly before making assumptions and asking baseless questions. Embarassed

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would not pull the "flesh" this far up, or even less -- it might look a little damaged or loose when you pull it back down. Perhaps the joint has gotten loose enough to where the pull of the "flesh" is keeping it from holding a certain position; there would be little you can do about that. If you have gotten the arm twisted the wrong way, try to gently untwist it -- bend at the elbow (gently) to find the correct direction. Also, study the photos of the endoskeleton (in the Catalog thread) and the shoulder untwist tutorial (in Tutorials), in case they give you any ideas.

csyeung

csyeung
Yea, something similar happened to one of my 25s but for me i discovered that the joint was just overextending backwards. Ie, it was actually bent a bit the wrong way. The natural bend should have been to the other side. I mustve rotated the shoulder arm 360 or something. Try feeling around and seeing which way the joint naturally bends, don't force anything if there is resistance .

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I’ve been pretty busy scooping up some more TBLeague figures, most of that has been documented on the “Your Latest Purchase…” thread here and here, but wanted to update this thread as well.

Bought two female bodies, S23B & S25B, of which S23 has quickly become my favorite female body. She’s tall, with a great overall shape, and a bit of athleticism in her build. I paired S23 with the GAC Toys Charlize Theron head sculpt and at the time moved the Kimi Toys sculpt over to S25, because her smaller sized head seamed to work better on the smaller petite frame.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 2565d210
Did not realize I had S23’s body suit on backwards until it was pointed out to me, but it seems to work either way! Laughing
New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 0332c510

The head sculpt originally meant for S25 arrived yesterday and while the sculpt is okay, it seems to be rather largely sized when compared to my other female head sculpts. Of course, I only have three female figures and 3 female head sculpts, so I decided to keep the Kimi Toys on the petite S25 frame, and added the Ruby Rose sculpt to S29. At least until the Super Duck Russian head sculpt becomes available, then I can do some more switch-a-roo’s until the heads fit each body proportionally.

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 97c60210

So, I went from one, quickly to two, and then three figures, to finally to five total (in under a year no less!) Below are my five figures in their current state, just sitting on my desk taking up too much room! I seriously don’t know how you folks with many, many more figures handle displaying and storing them!

New member here: Ended up with M34 & S29... (Possible NSFW images) - Page 6 52f78510
L to R: S25B in overly baggy sweatpants, S29 in overly baggy shirt and shorts, S23 in black lingerie, M33 in the middle of being kitbashed, and M34 about ready to finish being unclothed and cleaned and powdered.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like you have plenty of bashing planned. Shouldn't some of your ladies go medieval-ish, too? Smile

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like you have plenty of bashing planned. Shouldn't some of your ladies go medieval-ish, too? Smile

Indeed! I’ve thought about turning S23 into ‘Teela’ (or even boss lady, ‘Sorceress’) from MOTU to pair with He-Man, but I imagine it’s going to be harder than anticipated with trying to match the look and feel of the Mr. Toys He-Man’s armor.

No doubt have I thought about making a female Barbarian character as well, as there are PLENTY of options out there to go that route to match the look M33’s still going after.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum