OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ABOUT THIS SIXTH SCALE FIGURE
“I have been trained in your Jedi arts…”

Sideshow presents the General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure, ready to command your army of Star Wars™ collectibles.

Engineered with meticulous attention to detail, the General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure is fully articulated to achieve dynamic and intimidating postures, recreating all of your favorite villainous moments from the Star Wars saga. From head to toe, the Confederacy’s Supreme Commander measures 16” tall with a detailed cybernetic body with clawed feet and multi-jointed limbs. Grievous also includes a removable grey fabric cape with a red inner lining that features pockets for storing stolen lightsabers.

The General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure includes a pair of fused arms and a pair of switch-out split arms for recreating his infamous battle stance. His articulated fingers allow for easy posing alongside the array of accessories in his armory, including a blaster, an electro staff, and his four lightsabers with removable hilts. The figure comes with a black stand base to help balance and support any number of action-packed poses you can devise for this celebrated Star Wars villain. From his intricate mechanical composition to the weathering and battle-damage on his exterior armor, General Grievous is an essential collectible for Star Wars fans of any generation.

Bring the infamous Jedi killer home to your Star Wars collection with the General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure today.

Brand
Star Wars
Manufacturer
Sideshow Collectibles
Type
Sixth Scale Figure
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure features:

Two (2) sets of arms for multiple display options
L/R Single Arms
L/R Double Arms
Fabric cape with interior saber pockets, and logo on back
Four (4) lightsaber hilts
Four (4) lit lightsabers
Electro staff with removable energy effect
Blaster
Base
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS
Materials
Product Size
Height: 16" (406.4 mm) | Width: 5" (127 mm) | *
Box Size
Height: 7.50" (190.5 mm) | Width: 12.00" (304.8 mm) | Depth: 19.50" (495.3 mm) | *
Weight
4.85 lbs (2.2 kg) *
* Size and weight are approximate values. Learn more

SKU
UPC
© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.

generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 11475
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 2786
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 3530
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 4479
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 5458
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 6430
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 7415
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 8392
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 9377
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 10356
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 11476
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 12318
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 13301
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 14277
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 15259
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 16239
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 17225
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 18211
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 19189
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 20154
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 21185
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 22160
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 23143
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 24125
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 25114
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 26105
generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure 2787

#newproduct #SideshowCollectibles #StarWars #RevengeoftheSith #GeneralGrievous #Sci-Fi #movie

Valiarde

Valiarde
I bet this one will sell like hot cakes

Nice Star Wars month for all the fans

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I bet this one will sell like hot cakes.

Maybe. $285 USD...

He who dies with the most toys wins!

generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah but like Mando, a very liked character by fans.

Ovy

Ovy
Remember guys, no Corona jokes around him.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahhh, awesome!!! I regretfully do not have much space left in my collection area, but it's so great to see him! cheers

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:Ahhh, awesome!!! I regretfully do not have much space left in my collection area, but it's so great to see him! cheers

You could disassemble him and hang the pieces on the ceiling like in his personal repair spare part cave.

Maybe he makes beautiful soothing wind chime sounds.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Ahhh, awesome!!! I regretfully do not have much space left in my collection area, but it's so great to see him! cheers

You could disassemble him and hang the pieces on the ceiling like in his personal repair spare part cave.

Maybe he makes beautiful soothing wind chime sounds.

Lmaooo, that is brilliant idea. Laughing

We'll see if I can afford it. Razz

I also want some battle droids (says they are coming soon??)

Chip

Cool figure , has he not been done before ? I find that surprising .

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think he has been done by Sideshow before, but it was a while ago and that version is now extremely expensive on ebay....

Chip

skywalkersaga wrote:I think he has been done by Sideshow before, but it was a while ago and that version is now extremely expensive on ebay....

Thanks , I guessed someone must of released him before .

davidd

davidd
Looks pretty cool in these promo pics. Is there an estimated release date for the Grievous fig?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
davidd wrote:Looks pretty cool in these promo pics. Is there an estimated release date for the Grievous fig?

Sideshow is saying it's expected to ship Jun - August 2021....which seems really soon... o.O

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-general-grievous-sideshow-collectibles-1000272

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:
davidd wrote:Looks pretty cool in these promo pics. Is there an estimated release date for the Grievous fig?

Sideshow is saying it's expected to ship Jun - August 2021....which seems really soon... o.O

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-general-grievous-sideshow-collectibles-1000272
Considering it's a reissue, it shouldn't be surprising that they can turn it out quickly.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
doodlehobby wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

Considering it's a reissue, it shouldn't be surprising that they can turn it out quickly.

Good point. I knew they'd made a version before, but hadn't realised this was an exact re-issue of the same figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The “new” part is the material used for the cape. I’ve read from owners of the previous release that the cape left stains on the figure, and the (possibly rubber) tendons in the neck were prone to rotting. Who knows if they’ll use better dye/materials for either of these issues. But, as anyone knows, it’s always best to treat the cloth before putting on anything. Also, I e heard that due to the size and weight of the figure, it’s incapable of standing for long without a stand, and the legs are prone to warping/buckling due to the same issue. I’m not trying to dissuade anyone from purchasing, I’m just pointing out past issue I’ve seen. He is a pretty cool looking character, though I don’t know anything about him.

generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:The “new” part is the material used for the cape. I’ve read from owners of the previous release that the cape left stains on the figure, and the (possibly rubber) tendons in the neck were prone to rotting. Who knows if they’ll use better dye/materials for either of these issues. But, as anyone knows, it’s always best to treat the cloth before putting on anything. Also, I e heard that due to the size and weight of the figure, it’s incapable of standing for long without a stand, and the legs are prone to warping/buckling due to the same issue. I’m not trying to dissuade anyone from purchasing, I’m just pointing out past issue I’ve seen. He is a pretty cool looking character, though I don’t know anything about him.

Thanks for the additional background on the earlier version. And yes, it was the cape/cloak that made the two figures look different to my eyes. I highly doubt I'd ever be posing a figure like this without a stand for very long (other than to take a few pics), but for some people that might be a dissuading factor.

As for Grievous himself, he is indeed a pretty interesting character, though you don't really get much of his story from RotS alone. Grevious serves many purposes in the Clone Wars-era of the story, one of which is to function as a foreshadowing of Vader, albeit with his own twist on it. He has similarties to Vader in the sense that he used to be an organic creature (some kind of tribal warlord, if my memory serves) but is now mostly machine, but he's also completely different in that he was always a pretty dastardly fellow to begin with, and actually willingly *chose* to be turned into more or less a droid. The Clone Wars episode 'The Lair of Grievous' has a bit of insight into him, and as the title suggests, gives a look into his 'lair' which is basically a huge labyrinthine collection of all his trophies from defeated Jedi, as well as containing his personal 'medical chamber', where he frequently retreats to for repairs and 'upgrades'.

An artistic depiction of what Grievous looked like prior to becoming a droid:

generalgrievous - NEW PRODUCT: Sideshow Collectibles: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous Sixth Scale Figure Bbb7654e568f2bece3afda6a2b74dfa9

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a cool painting, and thanks for the background info, S. If someone made THAT version of him, I’d actually be in for that. Really neat. I actually did put in a PO for Echo, despite the cost (cheaper for me at Timewalker — though already waitlisted), since I thought he looked cool. This would be the same cost, though not sure I really “need” this.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a cool painting, and thanks for the background info, S. If someone made THAT version of him, I’d actually be in for that. Really neat. I actually did put in a PO for Echo, despite the cost (cheaper for me at Timewalker — though already waitlisted), since I thought he looked cool. This would be the same cost, though not sure I really “need” this.

You're most welcome! ^.^

And yeah, I feel you. If cost wasn't an issue, I'd definitely get this Grievous re-release, but I'm about to pay off my Captain Rex PO really soon, and need to save up a bit more for another PO that is coming up later this year. Add to it my lack of space, and I'm not sure I'll go for this (no doubt will regret it, but oh well).

Valiarde

Valiarde
Also thank you from me for the background info - always like to read stories about characters. That pic is great and would like that one too as a figure. Probably more than the original even (agree with stryker here).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Also thank you from me for the background info - always like to read stories about characters. That pic is great and would like that one too as a figure. Probably more than the original even (agree with stryker here).

You're welcome. Smile And same here, it's a really cool design. I know they did a small 3.75" figure of that version of him -- it was from the Lucas-era, probably around the time they were doing 30th anniversary releases (so, c. 2007). It was the same line that had a all the action figures of the original Ralph McQuarrie concept art designs.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks pretty great -- although I have my reservations about aspects of the original design, Sideshow seems to have done a very good job replicating him. The price is surprisingly low, considering. Sky, I think Medicom RAH did some pretty decent battle droids, maybe Sideshow too -- if they also did a Grievous?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sideshow has done battle droids in the past, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they reissued those at some point.

Skippy

According to the questions answered during Sideshow's live booth tour, this isn't a straight re-issue.

They said they've re-engineered the joints so he shouldn't be as floppy as the first release.

It's mentioned at about 22:48:

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Huh. Well, that’s good to know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum