OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The cost of this hobby.....

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The cost of this hobby..... - Page 2 Empty Re: The cost of this hobby..... Sun May 16, 2021 1:13 pm

venator5

ZeroDelta wrote:I think that this might have been a typo on the sellers part.

Like accidentaly adding 3 zeros on the items quiet often?

27The cost of this hobby..... - Page 2 Empty Re: The cost of this hobby..... Sun May 16, 2021 1:57 pm

ZeroDelta

venator5 wrote:
ZeroDelta wrote:I think that this might have been a typo on the sellers part.

Like accidentaly adding 3 zeros on the items quiet often?
That happens if your punctuation/comma key is broken or you dont hit it hard enough, happened to me before

28The cost of this hobby..... - Page 2 Empty Re: The cost of this hobby..... Sun May 16, 2021 6:25 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

I think the bottom line is that the hobby is an addiction. It's worse perhaps for people like me who prefer to kitbash rather than to buy complete figure sets because when you buy the stuff parted out and a-la-carte, it ends up costing you more. It's for this reason that I primarily buy parted out stuff from one source....Monkey Depot, which IMO, has the best prices on parts, but you have to check out their updates every day and jump on the stuff you want quickly because it goes quickly. A lot of others know they have better prices than others. I digress a bit.

Like a lot of others here, I have more clothing, weapons and gear than I have figures for, except in the field of footwear, as it's getting harder and harder to find the high, lace up style female boots I like. So may ideas for kitbashes, so little budget for figures themselves. Oh yeah...I need more German helmets....Damn!

29The cost of this hobby..... - Page 2 Empty Re: The cost of this hobby..... Mon May 17, 2021 3:13 am

ZeroDelta

I think one of the current factors of why prices are rising so high, has to do with the current world economic situation. The Coronavirus has lead to shutdowns everywhere and decreased production on one side, with many people loosing jobs and places having to close, thats one side, the other is that places like Amazon and such are making billions right now because everyone orders online.

now couple that with China wanting to force its economical growth by 20 %, by basically ramping up production AND building cities from the ground up, it means they have to buy a lot of resources on the market. If you have notice, wood, stone, electronics and such all have become hard to get and the prices have gone up, thats because China buys everything one one hand and the other is that protectionist governments import less resources.

All that leads to inflation by the way and I dont have to tell you what it means if you have a economic crisis, where a bubble is created artificially and you have inflation (protip: thats how you get a depression once the thing pops)

30The cost of this hobby..... - Page 2 Empty Re: The cost of this hobby..... Tue May 18, 2021 6:42 am

venator5

venator5
I don't know.
I am working in a Tobacco factory and our productivity is increased in the covid times and manufacturing cost become lower compare to the previous years.

I dont say that it is the same on all places but people trend to exaggerate covid effects.

31The cost of this hobby..... - Page 2 Empty Re: The cost of this hobby..... Tue May 18, 2021 9:48 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Talking about the cost of this hobby, I’m considering dropping $30 to $50 on 1/6 assault rifle set for Kerr. It’s like every other consumer good, though. There’s always the under budget option that just looks and feels cheap, the on budget option that just seems like you’re not really getting what you’re paying for, and then the over budget option which is the only one you know you’re truly going to be happy with. No one wants to spend their hard earned money AND have to feel like they settled for something less, so onto the hamster wheel of overpriced consumerism we go.

32The cost of this hobby..... - Page 2 Empty Re: The cost of this hobby..... Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 am

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
it's only in hindsight that i "regret" spending a certain amount of money on a project that, once finished, stands amongst the rest and rarely catching as much attention it deserves, given the money, time and effort spent. prior to temporarily switching to 1/12 scale, i was usually hooked on a video game like fallout, spending thousands of hours in that world and was over motivated recreating a scene or backdrop from that theme no matter the cost. bashed an agent 47 along leon from the resi 2 remake and got a "cheap" chris just in case i was ever going for a resi 1 diorama. and while i was at it i bought various items creating a hunk just for the fun of it. guess with all the stuff combined over the years i could have easily paid off my mortgage and then some.

thing is, at least for me, the costs of one particular figure isnt that bad considering the increase in quality when i put a 60€ dragon figure from early 2000 next to it, thats not surprising.
what is though, is the fact that i became "twitchy" and stretching my funds over various projects at once, leaving multiple of them unfinished for the time be.

those figures aint lost but rather in limbo, thus making me wonder once the initial motivation past if they were a "necessary" purchase in the first place.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum