OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The issue of very tight sleeves.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty The issue of very tight sleeves. Mon May 10, 2021 5:04 am

venator5

venator5
In the past topic I am talked about a neck issue I have encountered right now it will be about too tight sleeves.

Star Man Windbreaker Female Killer Of Battle Royale (MS-002)

The issue of very tight sleeves. Blonde10

It looks cool And I like it. But when I received the item I had to encounter an unpleasant issue.

The issue of very tight sleeves. 20190510

What you see on the picture above is the maximum range of elevation both by the shoulder and the elbow.

Not to much to play with it eh?

My decision was that I must cut of the sleeves from the T-shirt, To have the original one intact I ordered a loose shirt an cut off the sleeves.

The issue of very tight sleeves. 20190511

Since I am only able to send 3 pics at max I will continue in the comments

2The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Mon May 10, 2021 5:08 am

venator5

venator5
Continuing.

So I am removed the intact sleeved shirt and keept it for later photo purposes

The issue of very tight sleeves. 20190512

Then added on the customized one

The issue of very tight sleeves. 20190513

And suprise take a look on what range of motion I archieved!

The issue of very tight sleeves. 20190514

3The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Mon May 10, 2021 5:11 am

venator5

venator5
Much more to play with. Riht now I can play the moveset given in the prototype one!

The issue of very tight sleeves. 20190710
The issue of very tight sleeves. 20190711
The issue of very tight sleeves. 20190712

4The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Mon May 10, 2021 5:59 am

Diana

Diana
What a beautiful figure!! And well done on the modification. It clearly was well worth it. Smile

Btw, you can only upload three pictures at a time, but then you can do it again within the same post. Wink

5The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Mon May 10, 2021 1:10 pm

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nicely done, Venator5!
The headsculpt looks gorgeous.
I hope you kept the sleeves you cut off.
I did something similar before, i don't want to see wrist joints when i bend the arms for rifle-aiming poses as the sleeves rides up and exposes the ball joints.
so i inserted the cut-off sleeves/cuffs (using tweezers) inside the opening of the jacket sleeves, and extend it accordingly to cover the wrist joints when you have your arms in bent poses like in your pics.

6The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Mon May 10, 2021 1:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a nice set, although it is sad that it requires this type of modification to allow proper articulation -- and you weren't even swapping bodies. I feel (and not for the first time) like they can benefit from using stretchier fabric as much as possible.

7The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Tue May 11, 2021 10:01 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a quick fix, I would like to suggest a little tip, something that I've done in the past.

Once you cut off the sleeves you can cut them a bit shorter (past the elbow) and stick them on the forearm so that it looks like she has a long sleeve shirt still.😀

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The issue of very tight sleeves. 1f60e

8The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:16 am

venator5

venator5
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a quick fix, I would like to suggest a little tip, something that I've done in the past.

Once you cut off the sleeves you can cut them a bit shorter (past the elbow) and stick them on the forearm so that it looks like she has a long sleeve shirt still.😀

Actually It was so tight I was not in the mod of messing with it. And it would not be seen anyway. So I am not doing that. Actually I have another figure with to tight clothing issue but because it is pants we are talking about I can't really work out a solution other than a new replacement one.

9The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:06 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
She is a great looking figure!

10The issue of very tight sleeves. Empty Re: The issue of very tight sleeves. Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:22 am

venator5

venator5
BAMComix wrote:She is a great looking figure!

Yeah Smile  I knew that I will buy her sooner or later when got my eyes on her for the first time. Interestingly I have only seen this figure on Ebay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum