OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WorldBox bodies, anyone have this issue?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WorldBox bodies, anyone have this issue? Empty WorldBox bodies, anyone have this issue? Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:26 am

ministryofwrath

ministryofwrath
I recently got a world box body, the ripped one, and everything was perfect except the hip joints where the legs attach were loose, so loose the model can hardly stand on its own.

now I don't know if it's a knock off or not, it looks and feels like the other regular body and it's solid, tight joints and everything.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

I contacted the seller on ebay, I think he's going to send me a replacement, if not I suppose I can try the super glue or rubberband trick, but we all know that doesn't last long.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Hi there!
Mine had a loose right hip joint so he fell easily.
I applied 2 coats of superglue at the underside of the hip ball joint, now its tighter than the left!
(I don't know the rubberband trick, please enlighten me.)
The right shoulder joint is a bit loose but manageable. Other joints are tight.
That's what i posted in GubernatorFan's review thread, check it out.

Posts 1, 19, 21 & 29... if you're in a hurry.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2310-world-box-at027-mini-review

ministryofwrath

ministryofwrath
rollotomasi wrote:Hi there!
Mine had a loose right hip joint so he fell easily.
I applied 2 coats of superglue at the underside of the hip ball joint, now its tighter than the left!
(I don't know the rubberband trick, please enlighten me.)
The right shoulder joint is a bit loose but manageable. Other joints are tight.
That's what i posted in GubernatorFan's review thread, check it out.

Posts 1, 19, 21 & 29... if you're in a hurry.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2310-world-box-at027-mini-review

cutting a rubberband in half or sometimes the entire thing is kept intact, you pull the ball joint out of socket, place the rubber band inside and insert the ball joint again.

The idea is it makes it tighter and it's flexible, and keeps the joint clean of other things like super glue or hot glue if you wanted a cleaner fix.

if the seller doesn't replace it I'll just use the superglue trick.

if it were a actual boxset I'd feel bad, but seeing as it's just a body... I can live with that.

blackpool

blackpool
Some of mine came with very loose arms (I actually have one that looses his arm from the shoulder just like buzz lightyear, you just have to ask and it pops out lol)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:Some of mine came with very loose arms (I actually have one that looses his arm from the shoulder just like buzz lightyear, you just have to ask and it pops out lol)

I agree, the detachable arms, in particular, are sometimes very easily detachable. It's as if they cannot easily find a good balance between too stiff and too loose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum