OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations? (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m looking for a replacement for Kerr’s C7K AR15 Rifle (Very Cool Toys - Police Black Python Stripe version), and wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

At the moment, I’m leaning towards the Very Cool Toys Villa’s M4A1 because it’s the same company, and I’m already replacing Kerr’s hands with Villa’s, so know it will fit her grip. I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything obvious since there’s so much out there.

I know next to nothing about assault rifles. I just want something black/gray and relatively simple to replace Kerr’s “I’m wearing urban camo, so just pretended you can’t see my big ass gold rifle, and if you don’t mind, I’d like to call a quick cease fire so that I can pick up all of the little pieces that keep falling off of it, and while we’re at it, does someone have a 1/6 strap, because I think they issued me one with 1/18 hooks by mistake, and that keeps falling off too!” Wink

(Obviously, since I’m looking at Villa’s M4A1, a gun strap is optional).

Thanks!

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Can't go wrong with anything from Easy & Simple (E&S). For Kerr I would recommend either the British Special Force Weapon Set HK417 or L119A1 or the Doom's Day Kit Weapon Set C.

Ovy

Ovy
Don't know how important high end detail is for you, but I really like these low budget gun kits on ebay. I think they are accurate 1/6, but they fit well in male and female hands. They are mostly black, Magazines can be detached and filled with some golden rubber bullets. Sometimes Wooden or metal parts are simply colored.

I have most of the assault rifles.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/323635823836

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Hmmm...both the E&S and Building Bricks rifle sets are really nice. I didn’t see anything that connected right away between price/availability/and the balance between simple and complicated, but I’m still looking at both companies. There is a very straight forward and inexpensive E&S 416, but it might be a little TOO stripped down for Kerr:

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations?  (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr) 6-D72-AD6-A-2-FB9-42-EA-8259-DD055-D0-CCC78

I do like this HK416, especially with the extra handle. Is DID any good?

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations?  (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr) 723-CFA47-45-CE-4851-8-A7-A-9-BA17-F808308

Finally, this is Villa’s rifle that I was looking at:

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations?  (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr) F591-FE95-4-A4-D-46-F2-BCDB-F9-AB4-DCEFB44

There’s just so much out there, especially for a novice like me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DiD makes good stuff, and as mentioned E&S are excellent as well. If you can’t find what you are looking for at MonkeyDepot, you can also try BlackOps (though they tend to charge eBay type prices).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations?  (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr) C8485110

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I've found that Black Ops has by far the most impressive collection of modern rifles/carbines available, but as mentioned they charge very high prices. But they also have constant rotating sales, ranging from 10-20% and it changes weekly (sign up for their newsletter and you'll be notified). Expect to pay at least $30 for a decent rifle with accessories (less on sale), more if it's one of the latest/greatest. E&S has some of the better price/quality ratios. Don't worry about same company and hands/grips, the scale is the same and they should all fit each other provided the hands are well made. Have you seen my "sexy operator" thread? I have several carbines ranging from basic to fully tricked out, and I think all can work with the Kerr figure. There's also an SMG and a camo SCAR but I don't think you'll want those. 

I've also found stuff at Rattlesnake Toys (ebay and website) as well as Toy Anxiety, but their stock is more hit/miss. I like Black OPs because they're in the next state so I get it in a day or two, but that's just my situation. It's almost like having an Amazon Prime for 1/6: very dangerous for the wallet! 

I also saw your thread about the problems you had with the Kerr figure and it's too bad. I was actually going to get the Flecktarn version but looks like you saved me the purchase! tongue

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Thanks again for the responses, everyone!

I haven’t checked Toy Anxiety, but I spent quite a bit of time on Black Ops and Rattlesnake.   What I really wanted was this.  I come back to it every time I go looking:

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations?  (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr) 6-E687-C32-B8-E2-4343-B5-F5-0-F9-FE7-EF2549

It’s the E&S SMU Frozen Night Assault HK 416.  Unfortunately, it’s nearly $60 shipped even after an 11% off promo code, and the thing I don’t like about Black Ops is that they don’t include the extra mags which I wanted for Kerr’s tactical vest.  I could get the set from China, with the three additional mags, for just under $50 shipped, but still wasn’t comfortable with the price or the wait.  So I decided to go with Very Cool Villa’s M4 for $30 shipped:

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations?  (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr) C6613-A5-C-71-E7-4573-BC35-A32100040-C93

It arrived yesterday.  It’s better than Kerr’s C7K AR15, but only by default because it doesn’t come with a gun strap (even though there are hooks attached for adding one that use the same crap system) and it doesn’t have all of those small rail pieces that are constantly falling off on the C7K AR15.  The mags are much nicer, though.  The caps slide on and off instead of just constantly falling off like Kerr’s do.

Bascically when it comes to Kerr, the fingerless gloves sewn into the sleeves was a terrible design choice, and the firearms, including the gun strap and leg holster, are crap.   Everything else like the sculpt, the hair, the uniform, the boots, the backpack, the tactical vest, and the other accessories are fantastic.

My problem was that I didn’t have enough experience with contemporary military figures to know what was good and what wasn’t, so I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to make the bad stuff work instead of just replacing it which I’m doing now.  Hence the frustration.

So please don’t let my bitching dissuade you from buying her, especially since it sounds like you would have no problem replacing the firearms.  The problem with her hands is a simple matter of tucking the “glove” inside of her sleeve and either just using her bare hands or getting her some fingerless gloved hands.

I’ll post an update in the other thread after I get her fixed up.  I think she’s worth the extra cost and effort, at least to me.  At some point though, I probably will invest in a nice E&S set for her.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
So the scope on (Sister Flower) Villa’s gun keeps sliding up and down the rail which is annoying.  I watched a You Tube video review of the Sister Flower Villa figure, and the reviewer had the same issue.

So let’s just assume that Very Cool Toys firearms are crap in general until proven otherwise, and move on.   Wink

I went back to Black Ops Toys where I found a solution that I think I’ll be very happy with:

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations?  (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr) 2-B00-D9-DF-C970-4-EEA-AAD3-AD2-B4-AE9-AAE7

This is the Easy and Simple S.A.D Field Raid Version - HK 416 Rifle w/M320A1 Grenade Launcher.  The set as pictured is $55, but you can buy a la carte too. So I got...

HK 416 Rifle
Rifle Scope
PEQ
Window Mag (x4 - One for the rifle, three for the pouches on Kerr’s tactical vest)

That was $42.50 total, but only $36.13 after a 15% coupon code.  Shipping was $8.18, but I picked up a few other things I needed, so that worked out really well.  I can always go back and pick up some of the other add-ons if I want, but I think the gun, scope, PEQ, and mags are all I really need for now.

Plus I can resell Villa’s gun (and maybe even Kerr’s) on eBay now to cover the cost.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
So this may be a dumb question, but is there a reason the scopes on some of these assault rifles seem to slide up and down the rail with little to no friction? I wrote it off on Villa’s M4A1 because I’m not happy with the quality of the Very Cool guns in general, but now the scope on the Easy and Simple HK 416 is doing the same thing. Meanwhile, the PEQs on both guns attach to the rail nice and tight.

Am I missing something here? Any good tricks to keep the scope in place on the rail?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Spot of crazy glue. (Unless you plan to move it around again.)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Assault Rifle recommendations?  (Replacement for VC Toys Kerr) C8485110

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Double sided tape if you want to remove it later

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Thanks for the feedback.  I ended up using removable double-sided Glue Dots after watching this You Tube video from Blackopstoys:

Blackopstoys Build a Gun

It think it’s a great solution.  It gets the job done, doesn’t make a mess, and isn’t permanent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum