OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action!

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Over the years I’ve accumulated a fair number of spare parts for “modern” figures (and by modern, I mean 90’s and early 2000s stuff, not really up-to-date gear in use in the past ten years), and much of it was fairly crude (by today’s standards) Dragon stuff. Recently with my glut of TBL bodies I decided to use them up with bashes of “sexy” troops and tried to use as much of my old gear as possible. In the process I ended up having to buy a whole bunch of new gear just so I could use up a few pieces of old gear! 

Anyway, here are a couple of lady SF operators, or PMCs, or whatever, since it’s not even remotely based on reality but just what I thought looked "cool," whatever that means. I'm not very knowledgeable about modern gear so if things look wrong or out of place, well, that's why. (MOLLE? ALICE? UCP? confused huh?)

The first is what I’m going to call “The Scout” or maybe "Multicam Girl": lightly armed, scantily clad, and ridiculously thin and tall. It’s based on the 19B body, which is my least favorite body I’ve tried. I think her proportions look strange and she reminds me of one of those Avatars from that movie. It’d look even worse without all that gear and the knee pads. Hence, the crouching pose is best to try to disguise that. (You'll see what I mean when I post her standing straight up at the end) I think I managed to use a grand total of two old parts: the holster/pistol and the radio pouch. Headsculpt is one of the Kimitoys ones. I've found they match the TBL suntan the best and generally stick with those. I did an extensive cut and restyle on her hair, only to realize that the cap pretty much hid all that effort! Rolling Eyes
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090448_13Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090447_12
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090449_14Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090450_15

Next, is what I’d like to call: “Heavily Armed, Lightly Dressed,” or "Digicam Girl." This is the 29b body which has much better proportions but has the weird shoulder/elbow problems I encountered with my other “Kat” bash. I was able to use some more older gear in this one, including the harness vest and the “skirt,” which was just a botched attempt at cutting up a pair of BDU pants into shorts, and also the holster/pistol. This one is definitely more "old school meets new school" with the old Dragon crappy gear paired with the fancy new stuff. KT head again, the short hair is perfect for the helmet and I didn't do anything to it.
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090451_16Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090452_17
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090453_18Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090454_19
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090457_21Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090458_22

And the two of them together:
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090456_20Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090462_25
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090459_23
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090460_24Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090463_26

That last photo really illustrates the height/proportion difference, and how "normal" the 29b looks next to the "avatar creature" 19b. Without the kneepads and all the gear she looked even worse. 

I must say it's fun and refreshing doing figures like this that are "clean" and weathering-free. I tend to like doing subjects that require a decent amount of wear and weathering, so it's nice when I can choose not to do that.

I’ve got a few more I’m doing, so I’ll update this thread with pics of those as I finish them.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very Nice! They look like there all set for a desert adventure. Very Happy

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Well done. They look as though they would fit in very well with Kimono Troop.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look very nice, and strangely enough somehow less unrealistic than some of the "tactical teases" being sold as sets out there -- though digicam girl could use some sort of shirt. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cute. I notice you did, indeed, get a lot of new gear. They look adorably “tough”.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! C8485110

brassco

brassco
if i was a soldier, i wouldn't want to fight these ladies! I would be distracted, and couldn't bear to put a bullet in them!

doodlehobby

Indeed, they look very nice indeed. Using their alluring figures to their full advantage I see. Lol

GregT

GubernatorFan wrote: ...digicam girl could use some sort of shirt. Smile
my initial impression as well but then,
no.... no, leave her just the way she is, she's perfect!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really cool, if fantasy bikini armor can withstand so much just imagine how much those pieces of equipment can handle.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! 1f60e

ben_kadeesh

Lovely Ladies! Shocked Very Happy bounce

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking figures!

Ovy

Ovy
Yeah, looking pretty cool and stupid, as intended I guess. Very Happy

Totally agree with the 19b being a little special, I never bought a second one because something about  it was a bit off, looks fitting though for a tall slender scientist/monk/battle nun lady I once made.

The last pic on the left with the SCAR cut by the frame looks like she is using some big fracking Scifi gun.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very Nice! They look like there all set for a desert adventure. Very Happy
Thanks BAD WOLF-787! Yeah, lightly dressed for the heat!  Laughing
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Well done.  They look as though they would fit in very well with Kimono Troop.  
Thanks ThePhotogsBlog! Yes, I'm thinking of giving them a snappy name and contributing to your thread, after I finish the group.
GubernatorFan wrote:They look very nice, and strangely enough somehow less unrealistic than some of the "tactical teases" being sold as sets out there -- though digicam girl could use some sort of shirt. Smile
Thanks GubernatorFan! It probably helps that I'm using gear from "real" soldier sets. And yeah, I can't imagine the chafing she's feeling, but she's taking one for the team here!  Smile
Stryker2011 wrote:Very cute. I notice you did, indeed, get a lot of new gear. They look adorably “tough”.
Thanks Stryker2011! I think Digicam Girl especially has that adorbs look going. I think it's the amount of gear, makes her look little.
brassco wrote:if i was a soldier, i wouldn't want to fight these ladies! I would be distracted, and couldn't bear to put a bullet in them!
Laughing
doodlehobby wrote:Indeed, they look very nice indeed. Using their alluring figures to their full advantage I see. Lol
Thanks doodlehobby! Yup, what a shame to cover them up! tongue
GregT wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:...digicam girl could use some sort of shirt. Smile
my initial impression as well but then,
no.... no, leave her just the way she is, she's perfect!
Cool
Theboo-bomb wrote:Really cool, if fantasy bikini armor can withstand so much just imagine how much those pieces of equipment can handle.
Thanks Theboo-bomb!
ben_kadeesh wrote:Lovely Ladies! Shocked Very Happy bounce
Thanks ben_kadeesh!
BAMComix wrote:Great looking figures!
Thanks BamComix!
Ovy wrote:Yeah, looking pretty cool and stupid, as intended I guess. Very Happy

Totally agree with the 19b being a little special, I never bought a second one because something about  it was a bit off, looks fitting though for a tall slender scientist/monk/battle nun lady I once made.

The last pic on the left with the SCAR cut by the frame looks like she is using some big fracking Scifi gun.
Razz Cool and Stupid.

19b is just odd. I think it would look better fully clothed.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Stay tuned. I apologize for taking so long to reply and post more, but you know, holidays...

I finished three more additions to these ladies, enough to make a whole team of SF operators!  Cool

I'll post pics soon.

maxman

They look sexy and deadly.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Excellent work!
Extra points for 'no seams'.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
maxman wrote:They look sexy and deadly.

ukshaun wrote:Excellent work!
Extra points for 'no seams'.
Thanks maxman and ukshaun! "Armed and sexy"; "Sexy and dangerous"; "Sexy and deadly" I think it works!  Smile Cool

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
And now to finish this 'fire team', I'll start with the boss lady of the group, "Staff Sergeant Tariah," or "Bulletproof Pantyhose Girl." Her job is to coordinate with the team, HQ, air assets, and direct the team on the ground. And she definitely wants to look good while doing it, so she's got her stylish minidress and beret to go with her flak jacket and long range radio. 
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090513Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090514Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090515Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090516Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090518
Can you tell she got the full cut and style treatment, because you can never look too good calling in drone strikes or directing suppressive fire from your team, can you? And no, the kneepads down by the boots are not a mistake, 'cuz she just thinks it looks cool that way and her kevlar pantyhose aren't going to rip no matter what, so why bother? rabbit tongue

Seriously, though, her ankles/calves are so long and skinny (like with most TBL bodies; this ones a 12D BTW) that I thought it looked better that way. I've seen construction workers do that, so borrowed that idea. The armored vest is from the "Flecktarn Kerr" set and is a really nicely made piece.

She had so much hair I cut at least half of it off, doing a lot of laborious thinning like my stylist does for me. Why do these head producers always think long hair means waist length? How many women do you know or see with hair that long? Evil or Very Mad

The outfit is from the rather cute Fire Girl army minidress set, with the same seamless style of pantyhose that my Kat 2.0 has for her bodystocking. I've bought a few of the Fire Girl "tactical" stuff and it's not bad, but it doesn't always fit the bodies depending on the model.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Next up is "Tactical Shooter 1," or "Woodland/Flecktarn Girl." Aside from the usual silly "tactical tease" outfit (combo of Cat Toys and Fire Girl), I gave her the really nice M4 Mk18 mod rifle from the MSE Marc Lee set. These modern weapons and equipment from the better companies these days are pretty neat, with lots of working parts and incredible detail (the SCAR from the MOH "Voodoo" set that Digicam Girl carries is the same way). But, before I go any further, can I just say how torturous 1/6 MOLLE is? I dread the sight of it now, having threaded countless straps for these dozens of pouches on these figures. Give me WWII Y straps and hooks any day.

Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090522Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090523Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090524Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090525

Although she's the most slender hipped, small chested and tallest of the bodies (17b), she actually looks less weird than Multicam Girl (19b) because she has much better muscle tone and definition. I know the headset on the outside of the helmet is ridiculous, but I couldn't think of another way to use a full headset with that helmet, and it kinda reminds me of an armored crew helmet look. Her head is another KT (the brunette with long straight hair--waist length again), and since I was using a helmet I cut the hair short and didn't do too much other than thinning out the ends.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
And finally, my fave for last, "Tactical Shooter 2," or "Multicam Girl, II," or "The Girl who Kicked your @ss." Yes, she's all muscle and ammo, but she won't concede an inch to the Sarge for "best hair on the team." And yeah, that other Multicam Girl got the nickname first, but at least she has a bigger gun than that that skinny bee-yatch, and it matches her multicam getup. And the hair. Let's not forget that gorgeous hair...

Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090527Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090529Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090537Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090535

Seriously, this girl looks like she could kick @ss if you look at her funny. I think this TBL body, the 23b, is still my favorite one, even though 29b is more realistically feminine (that wonky shoulder is terrible). The hips are a little narrow, like most of the TBLs, but those shoulders!, and thighs!, and, um, rear! I gave her as much gear as I could cram on those straps and her body. I probably could have added more on her back but I actually ran out and just called it a day. The camo M4 is the excellent Damtoys FBI Hostage Rescue version, almost as nice as the Marc Lee Mk. 18. The "armored" vest is Fire Girl and surprisingly good, with enough straps, buckles, and adjustability to attach all that equipment.

The head is the KT Natalie Portman knockoff, although I don't think it's that great a resemblance. The hair was once again super thick and long, and I spent hours cutting and thinning it out, and then styling it. I love the look flowing out from the cap. She has a bit of a windblown Jaclyn Smith "Kelly Garrett" look to it (extra credit for anyone younger than 50 who gets that reference!). That's why I joke about the hair, cuz, you know, Charlie's Angels and all that.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
By now it should be obvious that my original goal of using old equipment was abandoned pretty quickly, as these latest figures use none of my old stuff still sitting in my bins. Other than Digicam Girl, which is kinda "weird-cool" for her ridiculous lack of clothing, the old gear just doesn't look right with modern MOLLE equipment. I even updated skinny ol' Multicam Girl 1 and gave her a new holster and a bulkier canteen pouch, and the extra bulk on her hips makes her look halfway normal.

Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090539Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090540Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090541Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090542
Those ankles still look like twigs though.  No

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
The shooters on the move...
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090545

And the whole team together:
Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090547Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090551Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090552Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (formerly scantilycladbutloadedforbear) ready for action! P1090557

Now the team just needs a good name, preferably an acronym with lots of nonsensical letters and syntax. Fire Team SOTSFOMP-CINWA (Special Operations Too Sexy For My Pants-Cuz I'm Not Wearing Any)?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kevlar pantyhose? Interesting. I do like her, and her all-business look, which conveys the right tone even with the pretty face. Completely agree on the hair; that said, I suppose one can always cut more but one can never cut less, so perhaps it is safer to give too much hair than too little. Now that you've loaded the rest, they all look good, and for all the custom assemblage of accessories, they work remarkably well as a group.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That's a great team the staff sergeant has assembled.

GubernatorFan wrote:though digicam girl could use some sort of shirt. Smile
I was thinking a bra.

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
GubernatorFan wrote:Kevlar pantyhose? Interesting. I do like her, and her all-business look, which conveys the right tone even with the pretty face. Completely agree on the hair; that said, I suppose one can always cut more but one can never cut less, so perhaps it is safer to give too much hair than too little. Now that you've loaded the rest, they all look good, and for all the custom assemblage of accessories, they work remarkably well as a group.
Thanks GFan! Yeah, there's actually a new pantyhose product on the market that was developed using the same ballistic fiber tech as Kevlar (not the same but same processes. Claims to be virtually indestructible and costs like 80-100 bucks a pair. Apparently is pretty much rip/snag proof by early testers who've put it through the torture tests. But not bulletproof, no, sadly.
TravelGuide wrote:That's a great team the staff sergeant has assembled.

GubernatorFan wrote:though digicam girl could use some sort of shirt. Smile
I was thinking a bra.
Thanks TravelGuide! Ah, but you are incorrect, Staff Sergeant Tariah didn't assemble this team, she was just put in charge. Major Tank Girl personally assembled this team!  Cool

And about the bra, yeah, that'd be the sensible choice, but then it'd ruin that awesome "I don't care if it chafes, I'm tough as nails" look! (that's what my partner said first time she saw her: "eww, chafing!" Rolling Eyes Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum