OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Android 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Android 18 Empty Android 18 Mon May 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
A welcome respite from Project Mandi (Kerr) arrived today.

TBH, I know absolutely nothing about Dragon Ball Z. This all started when the 1/12th version of this sculpt caught my eye when it was first solicited. Then the outfit was solicited, but only in 1/6. Boo! Then I was browsing eBay last week and was like “Hey! I collect 1/6 now!” So here we are:

The ensemble as it arrived:

Android 18 A3-B90-AE4-56-EC-4-F97-A09-B-6-FC6-E925-D5-B9

Front:

Android 18 8-D9-FC94-C-4-CB0-4-C5-E-A142-1-CAA9-AB7-E693

Back:

Android 18 820939-F4-180-D-47-DF-8-D37-35-BE03143-E2-A

Clumsy attempt at the promo picture pose:

Android 18 D818-A331-64-EA-4095-87-C2-4-C101-C505276

I never know what to expect anymore in this style and scale because there are so many variables involved compared to the (almost) all plastic 1/12th scale figures I’m accustomed to, but based on my limited experience, the quality of the outfit is just phenomenal. Nice, sturdy hems everywhere they should be, perfect fit on the recommended S10D body, a joy to put together...I just can’t say enough good things about the clothing, and the head sculpt speaks for itself. I’m very, VERY happy with her!

2Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Mon May 17, 2021 5:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
While the stylized features aren't really my thing, she looks nicely done and pretty sharp. And I'm glad she was easy to put together -- such a nice break from the usual hurdles.

3Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Mon May 17, 2021 9:38 pm

Adeno

She looks beautiful!!! I'm surprised they managed to capture her badass essence! Although she looks more like a "realistic" version here, it still definitely is Android 18!

Actually, she's not an android (nor is her brother Android 17). It was a mistranslation from the Japanese version but nobody bothered to correct it. They're supposed to be "Cyborg" 18 and 17 because they were originally humans who were kidnapped by a mad scientist and were given mechanical parts inside their bodies to grant them unlimited power and they were programmed to follow one simple command: Kill Goku who is the main hero of Dragon Ball. Very Happy

Watch her beat the crap out of the warrior prince Vegeta here!

4Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Tue May 18, 2021 2:21 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glad to see you had a positive outcome. Honestly, while 1/12 is easier to create dioramas, etc., I find the detail on the figures usually so lacking that I can’t get behind most of them. 1/6 offers so many great possibilities for detail and clothing options — while at first limited — has become more and more prevalent.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Android 18 C8485110

5Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Wed May 19, 2021 7:28 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Now that I’ve watched some videos and I’m a little more familiar with the character, I might have put her on a different body.  She actually doesn’t have a big bust.  That’s just something that’s been exaggerated in fan art and some PVC statue releases.  She’s also kind of short, and those are some long legs on the S10D.  I just went with the S10D because that’s what was recommended.  Not a big deal, because I still like her just fine, and I know the rule of thumb with third parties is to use the recommended body.  Just thinking “out loud” a bit.

6Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Wed May 19, 2021 9:32 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks like a very well made set, and if you are happy with the outcome and you had fun putting it together even better.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Android 18 1f60e

7Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Thu May 20, 2021 1:47 am

brassco

brassco
Dragon balls i've not watched alot, other than the very 1st series. S10D is probably not consider big, but normal, if compared with S39 series. Maybe TBL should release some A-B cup. A nice rear would also be nice!

@Xavion2004 - great collection there! Hope you like her as long as you can!

8Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Thu May 20, 2021 2:47 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
I've watched quiet some Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z but I can't say that Android 18 is a char I liked. Laughing But that doesn't matter, because it is your figure and you love her - it is cool that they making so many figures these days for any game or series.

Outfit looks cool on that body!

9Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Fri May 21, 2021 9:40 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I read through the sticky post above on TBLeague bodies and quickly realized that the S10D was the right choice.  There are just too many variables from body to body, and the bodies themselves are just too expensive to try to second guess what the third party vendors recommend or use to model their sculpts and clothing.

I’m still impressed by how well made this set is.  It stacks up very well against the official TBLeague and  Very Cool box set figures I currently have.  There are two alternate clothing sets where the jacket and skirt are in a more natural blue denim and then in a red denim.  There’s also an alternate sculpt where she’s glancing to the side.  If money and space were no object, I’d get the other two clothing sets, the alternate head with the sideways glacé, and then a second head like this one with the eyes looking straight ahead.

10Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18 Sat May 22, 2021 9:33 pm

doodlehobby

Oh I wish I didn't click this thread. So tempted to get this one now. I'm glad to see another company decided to tackle this character and only do a clothing set that didn't include the body. I missed out on the WJL Lazuli (I think that was the first take of Android 18 in 1/6 scale). Though I must say this HS is way better than the WJL Lazuli (promo HS looked okay; not great, but actual product... yikes).

This feels more cosplay than actual character. She is small (not standard TBL tall) and thinking the newer S44A body being released soon will be more appropriate. But of course, will the clothes fit? Possibly if it is of a stretch material designed in a manner that it can fit a smaller body. HS on the other hand looks on the bigger side and probably make it look like a bobble head on the body.

I might bite, though I can't see having Android 18 alone... she needs her better half Krillin. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum