OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:21 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
This is going to be one of my stars in the next Stop-motion animated series. He's from the Young Justice animated series that was on a few years ago. Loved the show. I had made this figure a long time ago, but needed to update him. So I really made a whole new figure. Please enjoy the pictures and feel free to comment. Thanks for looking.

First picture after putting him together. I wasn't digging the should flares. I also need to do some touch up.
Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51221443041_9ff6a6635a_bDSC09847 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Here he is fully complete.
Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51221658768_da50058590_bDSC09850 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

I have to show him holding the bow...
Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51222521460_6683f6207e_bDSC09852 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51222212289_219cc07ab9_bDSC09853 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51221443501_de2916ee9c_bDSC09854 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m not familiar with the character, but he turned out pretty cool. I’m assuming you’re using Hawkeye hands for the arrow-shooting? And is that one of the “Paul Walker” heads?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
He looks amazing! thanks for sharing!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m not familiar with the character, but he turned out pretty cool. I’m assuming you’re using Hawkeye hands for the arrow-shooting? And is that one of the “Paul Walker” heads?

You're correct on the Paul Walker head. Not sure on the hands. The red on his chest needed something. Since it's made of foam, I added muscle impression on it.
Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51221486762_96825b23e3_bDSC09855 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

BAMComix wrote:He looks amazing! thanks for sharing!

Thanks you so much.

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m not familiar with the character, but he turned out pretty cool. I’m assuming you’re using Hawkeye hands for the arrow-shooting? And is that one of the “Paul Walker” heads?
Wait, how could you tell which head it is, while his identity was being masked by a mask!

I think the muscle V cut foam really adds a lot, not showing the entire body structure like most suits but only a section.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Wait, how could you tell which head it is, while his identity was being masked by a mask! I think the muscle V cut foam really adds a lot, not showing the entire body structure like most suits but only a section.

Well, (1) Stryker has an excellent eye for faces (much so than I do -- although I recognized that one too), and (2) Superman needs only a pair of spectacles and a business suit to become Clark Kent. Smile

Nice job, AFM, and I agree that the muscle segmentation on the red surface was a good choice.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ovy wrote:Wait, how could you tell which head it is, while his identity was being masked by a mask! I think the muscle V cut foam really adds a lot, not showing the entire body structure like most suits but only a section.

Well, (1) Stryker has an excellent eye for faces (much so than I do -- although I recognized that one too), and (2) Superman needs only a pair of spectacles and a business suit to become Clark Kent. Smile

Nice job, AFM, and I agree that the muscle segmentation on the red surface was a good choice.

All true buddy. Thanks my friend. Always appreciate the kind words.

8Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Re: Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:28 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m a big fan of the show, at least the original run. I haven’t seen much of the second or third seasons. Roy looks great! Are you working on any other characters? Artemis was always my favorite.

9Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Re: Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:35 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m a big fan of the show, at least the original run.  I haven’t seen much of the second or third seasons.  Roy looks great!  Are you working on any other characters?  Artemis was always my favorite.
Thanks buddy. It's always nice to see another fan of the show. Second season invasion was really really good if you haven't seen it, I'd pick it up on DVD. My son and I watched the third season it was okay we enjoyed the first and second seasons way better.
I did make an Artemis and a Kid Flash figure a while ago. I might end up upgrading her but if you like I can post pictures of what I did do. Let me know.

10Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Re: Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:41 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’d love to see them! They were may favorite couple on the show!

11Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Re: Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:17 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Xavion2004 wrote:I’d love to see them!  They were may favorite couple on the show!

Here you go my friend. i hope you like them.

Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51224465185_00c5b9390e_bDSC09856 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51223391026_af4da6ae8c_bDSC09857 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 51224157369_c42cacb9e9_bDSC09858 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

12Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Re: Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Very cool! Did you use the 1:6 scale DC Collectibles Flash and Green Arrow costumes? You must have had to modify the Green Arrow costume quite a bit to get it to fit Artemis so well. The masks look fantastic. I can’t believe how clean the lines are.

I was always disappointed that Mattel never finished the team in 1/12 scale.

13Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Re: Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:38 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Xavion2004 wrote:Very cool!  Did you use the 1:6 scale DC Collectibles Flash and Green Arrow costumes?  You must have had to modify the Green Arrow costume quite a bit to get it to fit Artemis so well. The masks look fantastic.  I can’t believe how clean the lines are.

I was always disappointed that Mattel never finished the team in 1/12 scale.
The Flash's costume was a generic white jumpsuit. I use color fabric markers to make it the color that I wanted. I did use some parts from the DC flash to complete my KF though. Artemis' costume is from the 8 inch mego reissued Green Arrow. it's not the 13 inch DC deluxe & you're right, it would have been really hard to make that Green Arrow 13-inch costume fit little Artemis.

14Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Re: Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:15 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I remember that show, it was fun to watch. He looks cool and the "muscle definition" on the red padding does look better.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM 1f60e

15Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Empty Re: Young Justice Red Arrow Custom by AFM Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:18 am

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Theboo-bomb wrote:I remember that show, it was fun to watch. He looks cool and the "muscle definition" on the red padding does look better.

Thanks so much. I am really happy with the way he came out. I'll post pictures of the one that proceeded the upgrade soon. Thanks again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum