OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Data review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Data review Empty Data review Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:26 pm

michael crawford

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! I got something really great this weekend - the first release from the new sixth scale company EXO-6, their First Contact Data! It's hard to describe just how good this thing is, but I give it a try here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-062121a.htm

You can also find the review with the rest at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

2Data review Empty Re: Data review Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy Father's Day. And thank you for the review. I'm thrilled things have worked out so great with this new company so far, and I hope they continue to be so effective at this level of quality. I'm also thrilled that a subject obviously so near and dear to you has been given so much justice. TNG is the part of Star Trek I am most familiar with, so I loved the Picard. Data and the rest of the command crew would be excellent additions. The unusual combination of high quality, reasonable price, and quick turnaround is very encouraging, let's hope it will continue. I realize this is not exactly the Data I'm used to from the TNG series, but I think one thing that makes him look a little off to me is the face skin tone. Like you said, it could have been just a little lighter/whiter. But I also realize that you used fairly warm light for the environment in which you shot the photos, not to mention plenty of shadow, so I will take you at your word that it is spot on.

3Data review Empty Re: Data review Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:22 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Great review. Looks like he turned out great. I'm surprised on the quick turnaraound. I feel like these were only announced late last year.

4Data review Empty Re: Data review Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great review, Michael. Thanks for sharing. I’m looking forward to getting mine when Timewalker finally receives their stock.

Craig, Nanjin’s approach to manufacturing is very different than any of the others (aside from maybe Asmus). He said he didn’t want people to have to wait years to get something they POd once it went up.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Data review C8485110

5Data review Empty Re: Data review Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:12 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:Great review, Michael. Thanks for sharing. I’m looking forward to getting mine when Timewalker finally receives their stock.

Craig, Nanjin’s approach to manufacturing is very different than any of the others (aside from maybe Asmus). He said he didn’t want people to have to wait years to get something they POd once it went up.

That's pretty cool to hear. I guess we get jaded because of all the delays in this hobby and have taken it as a fact that it will take years before a final product gets in our hands. Do you guys know if they will take on any of the Discovery characters? I did like the space suits they designed in the first couple seasons.

6Data review Empty Re: Data review Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:15 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Great review, Michael. Thanks for sharing. I’m looking forward to getting mine when Timewalker finally receives their stock.

That's pretty cool to hear. I guess we get jaded because of all the delays in this hobby and have taken it as a fact that it will take years before a final product gets in our hands. Do you guys know if they will take on any of the Discovery characters? I did like the space suits they designed in the first couple seasons.

That, I’m not sure of. He said there was “one” that he had no interest (or plans) in doing. The impression I got was that he’s going to be doing a “Captains” launch at some point, and that from there each captain would have the accompanying characters (how deep depends on how well each captain, and their subsequent supporting cast does during sales. From the promotional tease of the captain insignia/clothing — I didn’t see Discovery, and actually not sure I even remember seeing Enterprise; but then there hasn’t been any definitive word on the “Kelvin Timeline” (Chris Pine, etc.), either. So at this early stage, it’s hard to say. He’s keeping some things fairly cryptic and close to the vest.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Data review C8485110

7Data review Empty Re: Data review Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:10 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice review. All these years i didn't notice Data was a lefty, same as me!
Initially i found the face sculpt a bit wide but looking at pics of First Contact, he does appear like that,
probably because I'm used to TV Data.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum