OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
LATOYS LA001 1/6 The God of Trick Action Figure

Product List
1. 1/6 head carving*1
2. Body*1
3. Shirt*1
4. Jacket*1
5. Pants*1
6. Leather shoes*2
7. Hand type*6
8. Dagger*2
9. Sword*1
10. Strap cover*1
11. Bracket*1

LATOYS LA001 1/6 GOD OF EVIL

products inventory

1, head *1
2. Body *1
3. Shirt * 1
4. Coat * 1
5. Pants * 1
6, shoes * 2
7. Hand * 6
8. Dagger * 2
9. Sword * 1
10.straps * 1
11. Bracket * 1

Official price: 780 yuan

NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 4900e610
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 A5dea310
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 Afbd6610
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 997f6410
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 Cd19cf10
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 0de0ff10
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 De4cad10
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 7c95ce10
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 3e7b9810
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 7fd87210
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 Cd77d910
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 90cd2e10
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 1922d010
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 1922d010

#newproduct #LaToys #GodofEvil #male #comicbook #payTVseries-based #villain

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting head sculpt. I'm not familiar with the TV-series, but it is instantly recognizable. I wonder about sculpted hair this long but otherwise it looks great.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Looks to me actually as if they morphed the intended Tom Hiddleston Loki with a Joaquin Phoenix Joker, and I see more Joaquin than Tom. Which hybrid actually would be intellectually interesting, but doesn’t make for an accurate sculpt.

Loki fans will be irritated by “God of Evil” by the way, that’s just not right… kind of offensive to the character. “God of Trick” in the text description is fine, if ungrammatical, but it's “God of Evil” on the promo photos and presumably the packaging.

ahbake

It's odd that they have such a hard time sculpting Hiddleston, he has some very distinctive features, not one of those bland faces that are supposed to be harder to capture.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
There are three things you can say about a headsculpt:

“It is Tom Hiddleston.” Great!
“It is supposed to be Tom Hiddleston.” Good.
“It was supposed to be Tom Hiddleston.” Well…

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
It’s weird, if you cover certain features with your fingers to highlight others, each part looks like him, but altogether it just doesn’t gel somehow. Is his face too broad perhaps? There’s something about the eyes, he reminds me a bit of the John Walker character from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier series.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
To be honest I don't quite see the supposed lack of resemblance to Hiddleston here, although it occurs to me that the features might be a little softer than his. But then again, I have never been particularly good with faces. I will defer to those more observant than me.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Lynkhart wrote:It’s weird, if you cover certain features with your fingers to highlight others, each part looks like him, but altogether it just doesn’t gel somehow. Is his face too broad perhaps? There’s something about the eyes, he reminds me a bit of the John Walker character from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier series.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. The face may be a little too full. I see the same thing you do with respect to the individual features as well. Those eyes are dead on. The smirk is there. I mean, looking at the competition, it’s a good likeness. It’s just not quite a home run. Sometimes it’s the sculpts that are “almost there” that draw the most constructive criticism.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s not bad as far as likeness, it’s just not perfect. Weird thing is, I wonder if it’s a recast of the one Hot Toys teased on FB. It’s unknown at this point if/when HT puts theirs up (the teaser also included a female character, Sylvie), and it’s the exact same outfit as this one. Someone at the HT factory may have snuck a head out the back door so to speak. I’d actually be interested in getting this head for a custom figure, would probably remove the sculpted hair, though.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:It’s not bad as far as likeness, it’s just not perfect. Weird thing is, I wonder if it’s a recast of the one Hot Toys teased on FB. It’s unknown at this point if/when HT puts theirs up (the teaser also included a female character, Sylvie), and it’s the exact same outfit as this one. Someone at the HT factory may have snuck a head out the back door so to speak. I’d actually be interested in getting this head for a custom figure, would probably remove the sculpted hair, though.

The "exact same outfit" is straight off the promo poster, which Latoys replicated up to and including the arms crossed pose, so no basis for some conspiracy theory there.  I'm sure that kind of thing does happen sometimes but no reason to suspect it should have happened here.

NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 4900e610
NEW PRODUCT: LATOYS: 1/6 GOD OF EVIL, the god of tricks, movable doll LA001 Loki10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, MBAM. Now that I look at the two I can see why people pointed out problems with the likeness. The actor's forehead is bigger, giving the head a different shape. The features are still about right, but that does become readily apparent in the comparison.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum