OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anna and Eva go trailing

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:16 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very neat. I had actually completely forgotten that this could really be driven.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:47 am

Dienamic

GubernatorFan wrote:Very neat. I had actually completely forgotten that this could really be driven.

I just wish there was more scale vehicles in the 1/6 range. The majority of them are 1/10. Even the 1/12 figures are too small for the 1/10 vehicles. I'm not sure if it would be easier to make a 1/6 vehicle or a 1/10 figure...

28Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:57 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Dienamic wrote:I just wish there was more scale vehicles in the 1/6 range.  The majority of them are 1/10.  Even the 1/12 figures are too small for the 1/10 vehicles.  I'm not sure if it would be easier to make a 1/6 vehicle or a 1/10 figure...

This is so true. We have often discussed the scale (or not quite accurate scale) of vehicles on this forum -- both cars and motorcycles (especially). And you make a very good point about the theoretical difficulty of scaling...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:00 am

Dienamic

Pia community wrote:I am thrilled.cheers
The photos are so exciting and the comments are very nice.Very Happy
And then the video with a dangerous ride!affraid
Perfect cheers

Very kind words. Thank you.

30Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:56 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic!

31Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Great shots. That jeep is fantastic in it's details. Nice little story too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 1f60e

32Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:43 am

Dienamic

Dienamic
Anna took the new girl Jen out to the coal pile for some fun!

Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 <a href=Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 51321404808_423fb54542_k0718210809_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 <a href=Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 51321404658_80980173a1_k0718210836_HDR by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 <a href=Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 51321918259_3981a19514_k16266125017202 by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

33Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:44 am

Dienamic

Dienamic
Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 <a href=Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 51322199295_b648060955_k16266131555862 by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 <a href=Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 51321401718_74885d0714_k16266135874922 by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 <a href=Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 51321918164_e370c7984d_k16266136312372 by EmoryRiver Troll, on Flickr" />

34Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:10 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cute shots. I like the climbing up the coal shot — looks like it’s in scale for the vehicle.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 C8485110

35Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, and that climbing up shot is my favorite too -- so perfect and so animated. But even the photo op poses came out looking very natural. As always, great use of the outdoors setting.

36Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:29 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic series! Love it!

37Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:45 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
The location you have found for your pics is ideal. Really gives a sense of adventure!

38Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:26 am

davidd

davidd
Impressive flex in that suspension! Is that the stock shocks, or have you upgraded the suspension on the ROCHobby Jeep?

39Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:38 am

Dienamic

Dienamic
davidd wrote:Impressive flex in that suspension! Is that the stock shocks, or have you upgraded the suspension on the ROCHobby Jeep?

Stock shocks with the limiters removed and the oil replaced. They are descent shocks even if they are plastic bodied. They have yet to leak. Only issue I have is the weight of the TBLeague body. I could use just a little stiffer springs. lol.

40Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:18 pm

davidd

davidd
Dienamic wrote:
davidd wrote:Impressive flex in that suspension! Is that the stock shocks, or have you upgraded the suspension on the ROCHobby Jeep?

Stock shocks with the limiters removed and the oil replaced.  They are descent shocks even if they are plastic bodied.  They have yet to leak.  Only issue I have is the weight of the TBLeague body.  I could use just a little stiffer springs. lol.

I have read comments online suggesting to change the shocks for use with heavier passengers, but adding stiffer springs makes more sense! What weight oil did you use? I have a ROCHobby Jeep, but I have not done anything with it. When I start reading online, it starts sounding very complicated very quickly. Nobody seems to agree on anything, other than, "change the oil" or "change the shocks." But they are never specific about what oil to use or what shocks would be better.

I suppose an option would be to use lightweight, cheap plastic figure bodies when actually driving the Jeep, and the actual Phicen bodies only for photo set-ups.

41Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:40 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic
davidd wrote:
I have read comments online suggesting to change the shocks for use with heavier passengers, but adding stiffer springs makes more sense! What weight oil did you use? I have a ROCHobby Jeep, but I have not done anything with it. When I start reading online, it starts sounding very complicated very quickly. Nobody seems to agree on anything, other than, "change the oil" or "change the shocks." But they are never specific about what oil to use or what shocks would be better.

I suppose an option would be to use lightweight, cheap plastic figure bodies when actually driving the Jeep, and the actual Phicen bodies only for photo set-ups.

I used a 30wt Traxxas oil and removed the little black tube on the shock rod. You can see the tube if you look thru the spring. That requires complete disassembly of the shock but that's not too hard. I also used Losi "green slime" when I reassembled the shocks. That keeps them from leaking. Just a little smeared on the shock rod before you insert it back in the body.
I have my preload almost maxed out right now. If I go to a stiffer spring I can back off the preload which should also give me a little more travel. I have no problems running the the Phicen body with my current setup but it could be improved.

42Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:29 pm

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
Dienamic wrote:
I used a 30wt Traxxas oil and removed the little black tube on the shock rod.  You can see the tube if you look thru the spring.  That requires complete disassembly of the shock but that's not too hard.  I also used Losi "green slime" when I reassembled the shocks.  That keeps them from leaking.  Just a little smeared on the shock rod before you insert it back in the body.  
I have my preload almost maxed out right now.  If I go to a stiffer spring I can back off the preload which should also give me a little more travel.  I have no problems running the the Phicen body with my current setup but it could be improved.

Huh, what? The schlond poofa goes in the where now?! All this time I thought RCs were kids' stuff...

The girls' poses along with their smiles are so disarming. You're knocking it out of the park with their attitude every time. But is troll-hunting season starting soon?

Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 1f1f8  Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 1f1ea  Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 1f1fb  Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 1f1ea  Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 1f1f3

43Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:54 pm

davidd

davidd
Dienamic wrote:

I used a 30wt Traxxas oil and removed the little black tube on the shock rod.  You can see the tube if you look thru the spring.  That requires complete disassembly of the shock but that's not too hard.  I also used Losi "green slime" when I reassembled the shocks.  That keeps them from leaking.  Just a little smeared on the shock rod before you insert it back in the body.  
I have my preload almost maxed out right now.  If I go to a stiffer spring I can back off the preload which should also give me a little more travel.  I have no problems running the the Phicen body with my current setup but it could be improved.

Thank you! That is the clearest explanation of the shocks situation I have seen. The R/C hobbyists are quick to lapse in to jargon on the R/C forums, and for the most part do not seem very welcoming to newcomers.

44Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:55 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic

Huh, what? The schlond poofa goes in the where now?! All this time I thought RCs were kids' stuff...

The girls' poses along with their smiles are so disarming. You're knocking it out of the park with their attitude every time. But is troll-hunting season starting soon?

Bwahaha! Yes but you have to make sure the weep valve goes in the right way or your basin angle will be off!

45Anna and Eva go trailing - Page 2 Empty Re: Anna and Eva go trailing Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:57 pm

Dienamic

Dienamic

Thank you! That is the clearest explanation of the shocks situation I have seen. The R/C hobbyists are quick to lapse in to jargon on the R/C forums, and for the most part do not seem very welcoming to newcomers.
No worries. They can be an odd lot. You get grizzled rednecks and tech dudes all in the same lot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum