OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Empty Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 am

venator5

venator5
As I am aware of many fans are aware of this cool figure and later on many become dissapointed on the helmets as they are too tight to wear on the figure in a normal matter.

This issue is even more problematic on the griffin knight as it is even told to be impossible.

Right after a proper unboxing I had to meet with the issue and made some photos.

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 20210619

What could beobserved here is the fact that the figure's head is not centered in the helmet. The reason for that is the helmet is too tight sideways to accept both ears simultaneously.

There is no space for one ear at a time.

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 20210720

Whatever I tried to put the helmet on I fealt a tremendous ammount of resistance when it came to the ears.

So I took a closer look at the helmet to find out what's going on.

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 20210721

And I find out that there is two pieces of padding on each side. Taking up some 1mm each from the critical area around the ears.

It sounds easy to just remove them, but one have to be carefull, remaining blue could stuct to the hair and scars could roun the face too.

venator5

venator5
So I removed them, On the right side it does not wanted to came off on a single piece, I had to mess with the small ones, but for the left side it came off as a full piece in no time.

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 20210722

So once it is done lets see if we got any progress.

Gently pulled her hair behind her ears, to allow as much space as it could

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 20210723

venator5

venator5
Them I put the helmet on.

And finally the helmet could be worn on both ears at the same time!

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 20210724
Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 20210725

I kept the same holding on the hair until I closed the helmet and finally managed to not let hair being stuck making the figures appearance awkward

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 20210726

So yeah again, I had to do the job of the manufacturer, designer. I still wonder what went wrong? I mean they put on both helmets on the prototype figures?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nicely done!

venator5

venator5
Is anyone got the griffin variant? I would just like to take a look on the issue on that one too. Maybe we could figure out something.

6Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Empty Re: Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:40 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad you found a fix. I bought the helmet parted out just because I liked it, but I haven't done anything with it, apart from notice how tight it is. I hope that the padding you removed was an over-abundance of caution and your head sculpt will not suffer without it.

7Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Empty Re: Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Seems like a good fix. Have you noticed any rubbing effects at all on the ears since you did that?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) C8485110

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great solution. Will modify mine as well. Thanks

9Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Empty Re: Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:22 am

venator5

venator5
Stryker2011 wrote:Seems like a good fix. Have you noticed any rubbing effects at all on the ears since you did that?

i don't think that it would have a negative effect. If you take a closer look you will see that the padding is shorter at the edge by some 1-2mm. The ears would contact the plate regardless of the padding.

Still of course, attention must given!

10Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Empty Re: Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:35 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Not something I own but still good to see how you fixed it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Dragon knight helmet fix. (Fixed no.4) 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum