OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“So smart, me!” – King Shark

The squad gathers the most dangerous supervillains in the world is back for new mission! This lowborn son of an ancient shark god, known as Nanaue, was the terror of the Hawaiian seas, before hard time with the Suicide Squad turned him towards a life of maritime crime!

Catching enormous fans’ attention after The Suicide Squad’s official release, Hot Toys is excited to introduce today King Shark as 1/6th scale collectible figure from our Power Pose Series. It’s also one of the figures that made its debut earlier in Hot Toys Summer Showcase!

Masterfully crafted based on the appearance of King Shark in The Suicide Squad, the movie-accurate figure stands approximate 35cm tall, features a semi-articulated body structure with the ability to perform arms, wrists, ankles and waist movements; detail recreation of King Shark’s signature features such as jaw, rows of sharp teeth, and rough skin texture; terrific paint job using a mixture of white and grey; two pairs of finely sculpted hands for poses; a pair of specially tailored pants with patterns, and a book.

Recruit King Shark to save The Suicide Squad display.
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEPPS006
PRODUCT NAMEKING SHARK
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 35CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS7
SPECIAL FEATURESDETAIL RECREATION OF KING SHARK’S SIGNATURE FEATURES INCLUDING JAW, ROWS OF SHARP TEETH, DORSAL FIN AND ROUGH SKIN TEXTURE
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY N/A
HEAD PAINTED BY N/A
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY N/A
The 1/6th scale King Shark Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of King Shark in The Suicide Squad
- Detail recreation of King Shark’s signature features including jaw, rows of sharp teeth, dorsal fin and rough skin texture
- Skillfully painted in white and multiple shades of grey color
- Approximately 35cm tall
- 7 points of articulations including arms, wrists, ankles and waist
- Four (4) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of gesture hands
- Crafted with vinyl material

Costume :
- One (1) blue colored pants with patterns

Accessory:
- One (1) book

*Prototype shown. Final Product may be slightly different.
**Product details can subject to change without further notice

THE SUICIDE SQUAD and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics
and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. WB SHIELD: TM & © WBEI (s21)
© 2021 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11523
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 2854
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 3557
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 4506
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5483
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6455
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 7439
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 8416
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9400
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 10379
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 11524
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 12340
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 13323
NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 14300

#newproduct #HotToys #SuicideSquad #KingShark #comicbook #DCU #villain

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Kinda cool actually, but I have no use for this character personally. The 7 points of articulation would have been far too few even if I were. I really wish TBLeague would experiment making more animals and monsters seamless.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Kinda cool actually, but I have no use for this character personally. The 7 points of articulation would have been far too few even if I were. I really wish TBLeague would experiment making more animals and monsters seamless.

It's even worse than that -- it really isn't even a reasonable 7 points.  I mean, "arms, wrists, ankles and waist," but eg the wrists just turn (which results inevitably from swappable hands) but there's no bend.  The arms just rotate -- it could at least have been a ball joint.  And so on.

Man, they are really abusing their own "Power Pose Series Brand."  Here there is no Power, there is no Pose.  The meaning and the selling point of the Power Pose brand with their Iron Mans etc was supposed to be that the figure came packaged with pre-posed parts, to allow specific fixed poses that might not otherwise be possible, and this capacity was a trade-off for a lack of full articulation.  None of that applies here -- the only pose swap is the hands.  "Power Pose Series" now just means "unarticulated."  I have no doubt the skin texture etc will be visually impressive but I never thought I'd see a HT that is outperformed in articulation by a $10 Hasbro Shampoo Bottle figure.  I understand the limitations but they could have done better -- apart from maybe the neck, there's no real reason this has to be so far underarticulated compared to a HT HUlk, for example.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Truer words were never said. It is disturbing how often companies make shortcuts where it comes to articulation. I know it complicates design and makes costs a little higher, but articulation is the point here -- or should be. And here we are talking about the main figure in the set, not an accessory like Soo Soo Toys' baby in the set I just reviewed or Grogu in those various Mandalorian sets by Hot Toys. As for "Power Pose"... I suppose "pose" is singular, so they are technically justified in having little or no articulation. Wink

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
I guess they didn't really know how successful the film was going to be; and they couldn't really market the figure on the Sylvester Stallone connection (voice); so they hedged their bets, and went for Visual only, no efforts towards articulation.

csyeung

csyeung
I liked him well enough in the movie, not enough to grab him though. What happened to the orange pants that were showcased last month with the prototype? I guess this is very bare bones haha, 1 pair of pants, 6 hands and a book.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is so bizarre, lol. Not seen the the movie though, so probably lacking context. 

The only character I'd be interested in from these films is Rick Flagg. But only because I'm totally in love with Joel Kinnaman and dying to have a figure of him....  NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f61c

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:This is so bizarre, lol. Not seen the the movie though, so probably lacking context. 

The only character I'd be interested in from these films is Rick Flagg. But only because I'm totally in love with Joel Kinnaman and dying to have a figure of him....  NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f61c

Kinnaman is a great actor, loved him in altered carbon and for all mankind as well.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
csyeung wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:This is so bizarre, lol. Not seen the the movie though, so probably lacking context. 

Kinnaman is a great actor, loved him in altered carbon and for all mankind as well.

Yes, and yes. I've been a big fan of him since The Killing

There definitely needs to be a 1/6 figure of him...

csyeung

csyeung
skywalkersaga wrote:
csyeung wrote:

ooo Joel Kinnaman in an astronaut suit would be cool!

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
csyeung wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:The only character I'd be interested in from these films is Rick Flagg. But only because I'm totally in love with Joel Kinnaman and dying to have a figure of him....  NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 1f61c

YES and "same here!" to all of the above! Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
There already was (sort of) a figure of Joel:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1273&allproducts=true

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: THE SUICIDE SQUAD KING SHARK 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:There already was (sort of) a figure of Joel:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1273&allproducts=true

oh, neat, I thought I had seen a version before, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the link. Looks like it was a 2017 version based on Rick Flag.

Diana

Diana

I had no idea! And it's in-stock, too!
But... there is something off about it. And it seems to be key to why I've swooned over him. It might just be the overly tanned look of this figure. It is recognizable... A year or so ago I actually whined on their facebook page about wanting a figure of him.

OK, the more I look at him the more I like him... but I just want the sculpt! And I prefer the Altered Carbon look.
That's a no then. Neutral

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:

I had no idea! And it's in-stock, too!
But... there is something off about it. And it seems to be key to why I've swooned over him. It might just be the overly tanned look of this figure. It is recognizable... A year or so ago I actually whined on their facebook page about wanting a figure of him.

OK, the more I look at him the more I like him... but I just want the sculpt! And I prefer the Altered Carbon look.
That's a no then. Neutral

I'm with you on that Diana -- I'm glad someone made a figure of him, after all, but the sculpt is a little off. He is very unique looking, so I can imagine his likeness will be hard to capture accurately, but still...hopefully will be another at attempt at some point!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum