OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about Kimono Troops and BAM Comix setting

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

ThePhotogsBlog

ZeroDelta wrote:I was just wondering if I can pull of a "Skull Island" storyline, inspired by both the 2005 King Kong and the 2017 Kong: Skull Island movie, it would make for an interesting setting and one could explain the giant creatures are the result of alien secret experiments or just insane scientists mutating exiting creatures. I mean, most toys that are around the 12 cm scale should be large enough for that.

I was just wondering if there is a specific brand/toyline that would work specifically good with that idea

There is a brand of toys, actually made in Germany, but which is available here in Canada, called Schleiche. They make both animals and dinosaurs and some of the animals and some of the larger dinosaurs representing smaller species would be in scale.

https://www.deserres.ca/products/dinosaur-figurine-therizinosaurus-juvenile?variant=39426671935621

https://www.deserres.ca/products/dilophosaurus-toy-figurine?variant=39426352185477

https://www.deserres.ca/products/dinosaur-figurine-carnotaurus?variant=39426352152709

https://www.deserres.ca/products/dinosaur-figurine-baryonyx?variant=39426671902853

Also, in our stories, we have established that Dinosaur Valley has more than one entrance. Kamiko and her team have discovered another that was first discovered and was being guarded by Stahltrupppe members, who have since been wiped out by K-Troop. K-Troop is in fact about to penetrate into Dinosaur Valley as is a team from SCU HQ. No-one knows how big Dinosaur Valley is, and it has been suggested that some of the entrances might be portals that compress space time so that one side of the portal might be thousands of miles from the other. Ergo, don't need to go all the way to Skull Island to find dinosaurs. There might actually be an entrance nearer your HQ, awaiting discovery.

This link will show you how Dal builds his Dinosaur Valley Dios for all of his stories.

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t10938-bamcomix-s-dio-building

ZeroDelta

Oh I know about Shleich, they are a staple in making animal figures. There are some others, like Bullyland and Safari Ltd. They also do Spiders, Scorpions and other creatures that should make for nice big critters if you need them.

I just got inspired after watching a bunch of videos of the Wildlife of Skull Island and I figured that would fit well into the overall setting, seeing its dinosaurs, giant bugs and the like.

ZeroDelta

Say, do I need to keep the language of the comic PG-13 or can my characters swear like a drunken Sailor?

BAMComix

ZeroDelta wrote:Say, do I need to keep the language of the comic PG-13 or can my characters swear like a drunken Sailor?

The odd swear word does sneak in, but we try to stay away from the more offending, just to stay within the rules of the forums where they are posted. A well positioned symbol in the middle of a swear word can still convey what you want a character to say, without offending anyone. Hope it helps Very Happy .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZeroDelta wrote:Say, do I need to keep the language of the comic PG-13 or can my characters swear like a drunken Sailor?

Yes, forum policies apply to all content (visual or textual) posted in any part of this forum.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog

Yeah, my original DAZ 3D version of Kamiko was very potty-mouthed, but I've cleaned up her language for the forums and it hasn't actually distracted from her essential character. The stories seem to work pretty well without actually swearing.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Okay, thanks for the answers

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I was wondering about something: How do you guys do closeups of stuff or do you avoid it as much as possible? I was wondering if I could pull a "Thunderbirds" and use my own hands for closeups of figures holding items etc. (If you dont know, in the original 1965 Thunderbirds, whenever they needed the puppets to handle something, they would show closeups of hands pressing buttons, pulling switches, pulling triggers and the like)

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ZeroDelta wrote:I was wondering about something: How do you guys do closeups of stuff or do you avoid it as much as possible? I was wondering if I could pull a "Thunderbirds" and use my own hands for closeups of figures holding items etc. (If you dont know, in the original 1965 Thunderbirds, whenever they needed the puppets to handle something, they would show closeups of hands pressing buttons, pulling switches, pulling triggers and the like)  

Well so far as I know, none of us use our own hands and most if not all of our figures have interchangeable hands so we can usually find an appropriate pose. I also use after market gloved hands for several of my female figures, which expands the possibilities. If you look at my last chapter up on Ammo, you will notice that at one point, Kamiko is giving Michiko the middle finger with her gloved hand.

Question about Kimono Troops and BAM Comix setting - Page 4 51410166996_9e92cdc280_cPage_6 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

World Box makes a nice set of 6 pairs of male hands that will probably fit other makes of figures as well as long as you use the World Box wrist pegs.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/324501256962

davidd

davidd
A little "nod" to Thunderbirds like that (I believe the same technique was used for hands in Captain Scarlet) might be a fun "Easter egg" for those who catch it!

I mostly just hide stuff that's too much trouble to actually show in shadows. Razz

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I see. I am just looking at what I can do with it all, because I do like comics a lot and was wondering how to pull off some of the things they do, like foreshortening, closeups, extreme angles and the like. I just wonder what can be done so panels look dynamic.

davidd

davidd
ZeroDelta wrote:I just wonder what can be done so panels look dynamic.

Check out BAMComix's Hidden in the Shadows, Chapter 34, pages 724 thru 737, to see some dynamic image compositions! He uses a lot of "comic book art" techniques in his images. Great application of foreground-background placement to create a sense of space and motion.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Say has anyone ever had the idea to create a logo for their Units/HQs that could also be use as insignias for uniforms and the like?

BAMComix

BAMComix
ZeroDelta wrote:Say has anyone ever had the idea to create a logo for their Units/HQs that could also be use as insignias for uniforms and the like?

I've seen a few folks do it, and it does look great! bounce

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Whats the current Status of North Korea in your guys setting? What have they been up to? What was the cause of the Second Korea War and how did North Korea survive that?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ZeroDelta wrote:Whats the current Status of North Korea in your guys setting? What have they been up to? What was the cause of the Second Korea War and how did North Korea survive that?

Current Status of North Korea: Pretty much the same wreck as it is today, but radioactive. Led by Kim Jong Dong.

Cause of 2nd Korean War: The Sino-Japanese War engineered by Colonel Kimitake, an evil Japanese intellectual and militarist bent on reestablishing Japan to imperial glory.

How did North Korea Survive: Presumably Chinese intervention.

As noted in Ch 24, Kimitake was spotted at a conference in North Korea along with Dr. X and Kim Jong Dong. He is believed to be hiding out in Dinosaur Valley someplace. Commodore Bond-Fleming and Commander Takahara have standing orders to terminate his existence with extreme prejudice.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ah I see. I was just wondering if I could use the North Koreans as bad guys.

Do you plan to do a Colonel Kimitake figure or do you already have one?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ZeroDelta wrote:Ah I see. I was just wondering if I could use the North Koreans as bad guys.

Do you plan to do a Colonel Kimitake figure or do you already have one?

Yes, you may use North Koreans as bad guys. You may also create fictional countries if you like.

I plan to do a Colonek Kimitake figure as well

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Well, here is the logo of H.U.N.T, let me know what you guys think:
Question about Kimono Troops and BAM Comix setting - Page 4 51443839644_e8aac0c4c0_bHunt_logo_badge_color_and_texture_test by lt_havoc2003, on Flickr

Artist friend of mine with the name Plumpdragon drew that for me. The inspiration was the 90s UNIT logo, but with the abbreviation "HUNT" I thought a arrow was most fitting, while the wings are United Nation inspired. One could say that it symbolizes achieving peace, by being ever vigilant.

I plan to get those made as insignia/patches, either by myself or by someone like One Sixth Scale King or so, have to see about it. Let me know if you have any questions about the Organization.

BAMComix

BAMComix
That is so cool zero!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ZeroDelta wrote:Well, here is the logo of H.U.N.T, let me know what you guys think:
Question about Kimono Troops and BAM Comix setting - Page 4 51443839644_e8aac0c4c0_bHunt_logo_badge_color_and_texture_test by lt_havoc2003, on Flickr

Artist friend of mine with the name Plumpdragon drew that for me. The inspiration was the 90s UNIT logo, but with the abbreviation "HUNT" I thought a arrow was most fitting, while the wings are United Nation inspired. One could say that it symbolizes achieving peace, by being ever vigilant.

I plan to get those made as insignia/patches, either by myself or by someone like One Sixth Scale King or so, have to see about it. Let me know if you have any questions about the Organization.

Very nice

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Say, can I get some more information about Biscayne Inc.? I know its some large corporation and that it produces microchips and all, but what else do they do? BAMomix suggested that I should tie that in with S.A.V.A.G.E, similar on how Cobra has MARS as its supplier for weapons and tech. It would give me some ideas then on how to jump into the storyline, ya know?

BAMComix

BAMComix
ZeroDelta wrote:Say, can I get some more information about Biscayne Inc.? I know its some large corporation and that it produces microchips and all, but what else do they do? BAMomix suggested that I should tie that in with S.A.V.A.G.E, similar on how Cobra has MARS as its supplier for weapons and tech. It would give me some ideas then on how to jump into the storyline, ya know?

Biscayne is of course Dave's creation, but I believe you are along the right lines zero. Biscayne are a criminal organization hiding in plain site. I am sure Dave will pop along soon with some answers bounce bounce bounce

davidd

davidd
Biscayne Bio-Cybernetics

Headquarters are in the US state of Florida

Manufacturing facilities are scattered around the globe. Additional manufacturing capacity is contracted when necessary or cost-effective

Founded by three brothers: Felix Biscayne, Elias Biscayne, and Grayson Biscayne

Elias Biscayne is the current senior member of the founding and management team, and the only survivor among the original founders.

Grayson Biscayne passed away several years ago and left his interest in the company to his son, Jonas.

Elias and Jonas now run the company.

Felix Biscayne disappeared on his sailing yacht at sea a few years ago. His stake in the company was put in to a trust for his daughter, Claudia Biscayne.

Claudia is a 'spoiled rich girl' in her mid-twenties. Her trust ownership does not convey any decision-making authority for the company. She has never paid much attention to "daddy's business" in the past. Claudia is currently "romantically involved" with the much older explorer, adventurer, and man of leisure Victor Champion.

Biscayne Bio-Cybernetics started out making control chips for household appliances - microwave ovens, electric toothbrushes, toasters - anything electronic that has a power control chip or any kind of microchip. The company was very successful, and Biscayne chips are a standard go-to chip for product manufacturers worldwide.

Biscayne has an advanced Research & Design laboratory and engineering department. At one point they were working on AI - Artificial Intelligence - chips for animatronic type devices - simulations of living things. They were contracted to construct autonomous dinosaurs for a theme park attraction. During her mechanical engineering college internship, Claudia Biscayne worked on the project with Biscyane engineers. The project hit a snag and the customer pulled out. The "dinosaur project" was supposedly scrapped.

Elias and Jonas Biscayne operate a small Research and Design program on the fringes of the regular design department, discreetly developing XHT - Extreme High Tech - products and services for an elite group of well-financed customers who prefer to keep their activities private.

Jonas Biscayne, nephew of Elias and cousin of Claudia, is possibly operating a covert R&D operation beyond the scope of the XHT program that he oversees with his uncle Elias.

The XHT program has recently been targeted by industrial espionage. The actual target of the espionage is probably the "dark projects division" run by Jonas.

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ah, thank you, thats very interesting. So can I make use of this as a jumping in point? What would you suggest?

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I would also point out that there is a strong suspicion that Biscayne may have had a hand in the creation of the cybernetic dinosaur and crocodile encountered by Glynnis Penny-Farthing, her cousin Laura and a K-Troop patrol in the Valley of Strange Occurrences. It is also suspected that Doctor X and alien technology were involved in the creation of these bulletproof reptilians. K-Troop intends to find out if this is the case.

davidd

davidd
ZeroDelta wrote:Ah, thank you, thats very interesting. So can I make use of this as a jumping in point? What would you suggest?

You are welcome to take what has been established and use it in any way you like, or ignore it completely. It is now a "public domain" concept within the storyline.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum